2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

4 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Another reason he is hosting pressers at his places:  as a private property, he can restrict the reporters/news orgs that are there to cover it.

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Also—I don’t believe the press has “access” to these press conferences and instead they are pre chosen radical right wing news outlets who ask these questions. 

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong…

doesn't seem to matter - even with his "hand picked" people he keeps saying stupid things the Kamala campaign can use in ads. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, The Dog said:

LOL:

Note: it wasn't LaCivita who got him to pick Vance. It was Musk/Theil and his stupid fucking kids.

That racist Nick Fuentes and his incel bootlickers are the ones that got the Fire LaCivita trend going on Twitter. 

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Prior to the Harris switch, this board (rightfully) spent the last 8-10 years complaining about the National Dem's ineffectiveness, failure to respond, inability to push a coherent message, and negligent ground game. 

So yes, I believe she deserves criticism for the way the National Democratic Party has handled the last decade. Sorry that touched a nerve.

Sorry you're so adament that you didn't notice my acknowledgment of imperfection, so you just repeat yourself.

We're all on the same team, though.

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

Yeah, a 60 year-old JFK joke is totally out of bounds on this site. 

I admire your heterosexuality. I look forward to more sexual references to prove same no matter where it's posted. Scintillating stuff.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

That racist Nick Fuentes and his incel bootlickers are the ones that got the Fire LaCivita trend going on Twitter. 

Well, if catturd jumps in, consider him fired. Just can't overcome votes of no confidence from the very top of the GOP.

• Haha 4

I'm curious if Trump has given thought to ditching Vance for Tulsi solely because she successfully went after Kamala in the Democratic debates in 2020 and she has a vagina. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I admire your heterosexuality. I look forward to more sexual reference to prove same no matter where it's posted. Scintillating stuff.

Yeah you can fuck right off with this nonsense. You either misunderstood or you're seriously triggered by the mildest possible joke. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

There is a pretty good doc on her. The doc crew was with her on Jan 6.

I believe it was her daughter that made the doc

37 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Saturday Night Live Snl GIF

I really need Essman to scream about "that fat orange fuck and that bearded weirdo couchfucker"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

27 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Another reason he is hosting pressers at his places:  as a private property, he can restrict the reporters/news orgs that are there to cover it.

And it’s free!

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yeah you can fuck right off with this nonsense. You either misunderstood or you're seriously triggered by the mildest possible joke. 

Whatever keeps you comfortable. Sure, I was triggered and driven to mania. Somebody please help me.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'm curious if Trump has given thought to ditching Vance for Tulsi solely because she successfully went after Kamala in the Democratic debates in 2020 and she has a vagina. 

Putin’s puppet 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Snake Diggity said:

Uneducated white rural male boomers.  Fuck em.

I'm fucking surrounded by them and think bad thoughts every time I pass a truck with a FJB/Molon Labe/Dump Joe and the Hoe/Punisher sticker(s) on the back window.

• Rage+1 3

8 minutes ago, Constant said:

I’d be willing to bet that there are more families in distress after being told they’re pregnant and realizing they can’t afford it, or that it’s not the right health decision, yet they must deliver the baby to satisfy someone else’s religious concerns.

You fucking loser. 

Or families that had their kids mowed down in a school shooting. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I saw an interview with Carville a week ago and he thought NV was the most likely Republican flip but NC was the most likely Dem flip from last time.  He said each state leans the other way more than the national people realize.  He could be right.

I think Trump gleefully enjoying a reported firing by Musk of employee who wanted to form a union is going to be huge in Nevada  - at least with an army of service workers who want better benefits and money than the rich shit stains in charge want to give them.    

That soundbite was quick, concise and terrible for Trump with labor.  In fact, what Trump celebrated was illegal in America. Not that he cares.  and it was not just a quoted language, it was the gleeful and spiteful way that Trump celebrated firing people for wanting a better life.   If the Democrats can’t make a point, they deserve to lose.

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

She really does and she seems like the type to have her shit together.  She'd have your back if a fight broke out at the bowling alley, and I mean that in only the most positive of ways.

Gives off big Mona Lisa Saperstein vibes if you ask me

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

He smells like a fucking corn dog, but he's usually right.

if you’ve lived here for decades and love an old-fashioned like I do you pretty much know what bars he hangs out at and when.  Talking politics to him after multiple adult beverages is an interesting experience.  And talking politics with James is more aptly described as listening to James talk about politics.

I assume y’all know he grew up where the last American leper colony was located in……Carville, Louisiana?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

She really does and she seems like the type to have her shit together.  She'd have your back if a fight broke out at the bowling alley, and I mean that in only the most positive of ways.

That said, I hope we rip her heart out every time we play LSU

• Hook 'Em 1

JD Vance, trying to sound authentic and humble, just told a story about driving in Kentucky with his grandma when he was 4 years old, says his grandmother pulled a 44 Magnum on a motorcyclist for giving them the middle finger. Obviously bullshit story but it's fucking weird that he thinks "grandmother driving a 4 year old around with a loaded magnum" is charming and impressive (or even somehow relevant to an election). 

Article at link, video of the relevant portion of the speech (in front of an audience of approx. 10 people) is at the bottom

https://www.rawstory.com/jd-vance-grandmother/

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

I’m sorry… what?

It's the same as the right wing's current nonsense interpretation of "religious freedom." To them, it's the freedom to require others to conform to their beliefs. In this case, its southern conservative womens' rights to impose their preferred notion of gender roles on others by law. Many of these women probably agree with the notion that only the man should vote as head of the household, and think they should have the right to impose that on all women.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Chopper said:

JD Vance, trying to sound authentic and humble, just told a story about driving in Kentucky with his grandma when he was 4 years old, says his grandmother pulled a 44 Magnum on a motorcyclist for giving them the middle finger. Obviously bullshit story but it's fucking weird that he thinks "grandmother driving a 4 year old around with a loaded magnum" is charming and impressive (or even somehow relevant to an election). 

Article at link, video of the relevant portion of the speech (in front of an audience of approx. 10 people) is at the bottom

https://www.rawstory.com/jd-vance-grandmother/

Counterpoint: what's more relatable to Americans than escalating road rage into potential gun violence?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

From Ezra Klein's interview with Pelosi:

And look at Kamala. She ran against the incumbent [Terence Hallinan, the San Francisco district attorney]. I was actually for him, because he was for me. And his family, the Hallinan family, was a major Democratic progressive family. And she ran against him. She won. So she had courage to go forward. And then when she ran for state attorney general, it was a very tough race. But she figured out a way.
So when people talk about her, I say: “You know what? She’s not only a person of deep faith, which I personally admire in her — and her commitment to public service. She knows what she cares about, and she fights for it. And politically she’s astute, but you don’t realize it.” And then she got to be vice president. And as soon as there was an opportunity — we thought there could be an open opportunity if people wanted to run, and they could have — but she locked it down right away.

Tell me about how she did that. She coalesced the party very rapidly.

None of us had any idea Biden would announce his withdrawal that Sunday. Well, I didn’t have any idea. Most people didn’t. So when he did that, the thought was everybody wanted an open process. Let’s see the bench of the Democrats and let them compete and see what they can attract. But when he endorsed her, then it was, are you with Kamala or not? And she moved quickly — again, a sign of her adroitness, in terms of being politically astute.

Our goal is to make sure that Donald Trump never sets foot in the White House. Because he’s beyond weird. I won’t go into all the adjectives. When you make a decision about your goal, you have to make every decision in favor of reaching that goal. But the most important part of the decision is the candidate and the campaign. And it didn’t seem as if there was a campaign in place, and it was discouraging to people.

So when an opportunity presented itself, people grasped it because it was, well, I’d like to see an open thing. But then when it got in, we’re running with the ball. I always say to them, I have the three M’s, but we have the three No’s — no wasted time, no underutilized resources and no regrets the day after the election.

It's pretty clear Pelosi wasn't behind Harris as the replacement candidate and wanted there to be some sort of contested primary.  She can claim credit for the pressure campaign to force Biden out of the race, but it was Biden and Harris that turned what really should've been a fucking disaster into a great move. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Silver is really sucking off that Nevada Trump +5 poll, while ignoring the Harris +6 poll.  I guess he's giving a lot of weight to the Trafalgar Trump +3 poll too - which you should never put stock in a Trafalgar poll. They just spammed the averages with a Trump +3 NV, Trump +4 NC, Trump +2 PA, Trump +1 AZ

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

My humble suggestion is that we start a rumor that Vance is against giving women epidurals before childbirth 

I bet that asshole only believes in sedation during conception

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1