2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

13 minutes ago, austingirl said:

A couple of weeks ago the Pod Save America guys were talking about how Vance's nomination has brought out all these statements/beliefs that, until now, were only talked about in the quiet corners of the farthest right places - it's the stuff they say amongst themselves but never intended to say to the general public. I'm still very curious how they vetted him, or if they were just so far up their own asses in hubris that they didn't think they needed to because they had the election in the bag.

Vetting? You think Trump has any competent people in his orbit?

Peter Thiel told Jr that Vance should be the pick and it was done. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I thought I posted this, but I guess not, but anyways, it seems like more celebrities are actively campaigning for her, which feels like 2008 (I wasn't that in touch with 2008's race, but I remember celebrities seemingly crawling out of the woodwork to support Obama).

In this case, it's Samwise, so he easily counters Kirk Cameron and Kevin Sorbo. 

Gomez John Astin and Patty Duke did okay with him.

On 7/29/2024 at 10:47 PM, NWBuck said:

Really good dude... Played softball with him on a team in Malibu /csb 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

So true

Worth mentioning: He said that on the podcast hosted by Eric Weinstein, who happens to be the Managing Director of Thiel Capital.

1 hour ago, Goofyboy said:

Did anyone here read Trump’s Agenda 47 a month or so ago? It looks like they completely scrapped what they had and have changed to a new platform with 20 points. Gone is the military exams for kids in public school and other insane shit.

I’m not imagining that it’s changed, right?

Project 2025 was going to be their agenda, until the whole "Weird" thing came along, people started reading about it, it polled horribly and they stopped talking about it and had the publisher delay the book's publishing. In its place they rushed out that one-pager.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Dumb son of a bitch

He has consistently made comments like this for eight years. We do lots of "free ad for democrats" stuff, but they really should compile a collection of his utter nonsense into a "See?? The guy is a fucking lunatic and shouldn't be anywhere near any position of power" ad. Hell you could put together 10 of them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Translation:  we won't do a debate that isn't moderated by Newsmax or Fox with a full MAGA audience and zero fact checking.

Except that they will under the same terms he's currently saying he won't accept as their poll numbers keep cratering.  Same for the top of the ticket.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Did we discuss the fox poll with turnip +1?

That poll is pretty reputable.

It’s going to be milked for a month. Also good there’s not herding

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Milked for a month? That poll will be forgotten by next week if things keep generally trending for Kamala. 

Milked by the Trump campaign. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

All he needs is to remain in the race and court the crazy vote

It'll never happen. If he is proactively reaching out to both the Trump and Harris campaigns in August regarding some sort of quid pro quo arrangement, he has already decided he's out and he's negotiating for the best deal. Which I would have to assume comes from Trump's side, because that dumb SOB offers nothing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Blotto said:

It'll never happen. If he is proactively reaching out to both the Trump and Harris campaigns in August regarding some sort of quid pro quo arrangement, he has already decided he's out and he's negotiating for the best deal. Which I would have to assume comes from Trump's side, because that dumb SOB offers nothing. 

I mean... his 2-5% may actually be decisive. If there was anyway to ensure the majority of it went Harris's way, it may actually be worth offering him something, as repulsive as it may be. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, hornmpa96 said:

Vetting? You think Trump has any competent people in his orbit?

Peter Thiel told Jr that Vance should be the pick and it was done. 

I know it's foolish, but part of me likes to pretend that a person with a decent shot at becoming the next president might have a person or two on his team at least going through some of the normal motions of running a presidential campaign.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I mean... his 2-5% may actually be decisive. If there was anyway to ensure the majority of it went Harris's way, it may actually be worth offering him something, as repulsive as it may be. 

Harris should offer him an Ambassador to Chad. That’s the final and best offer.

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, austingirl said:

I know it's foolish, but part of me likes to pretend that a person with a decent shot at becoming the next president might have a person or two on his team at least going through some of the normal motions of running a presidential campaign.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Trump doesn’t pay his bills. Competent people like to get paid.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You don't want that goofball anywhere near the campaign.  Calling them a bunch of weirdos seems to have finally cracked the code.  Let them saddle up with the ultimate weirdo and see how that plays with the middle.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1