2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

3 hours ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

This.  A billion times this.

I believe America will be better off with women in places requiring strong, ethical leadership.  Especially in national level political elected positions.  Progress is far too slow, but if we can stave off this GQP fever, I have hope that a tsunami will hit soon enough.

image.jpeg.f098e73c38586aaf35fa95763c45c9a3.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5

10 hours ago, Red Five said:

Imagine hearing that and not being clued in that he is a moron conman.

"This stock market is up! It's because of me! No wait it's down. That's because of Biden. Or Harris. Or both. Wait it's back up, because of me!" 

I literally have had this come across social media from MAGA people I know. Along with AI. Tim Walz puts tampons in boys bathrooms. MAGA will literally believe everything coming out this mans mouth, and regurgitate it. No fact checking. No common sense. No logic.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

My biggest beef with Dotard.  He’s made voting for one side so repugnant that you have to vote for the other side regardless of policy.  Now we’ve gotta act excited about price controls. 

Uh, I’m pretty fucking excited about price controls. 

• Hook 'Em 5

That Emerson +4 poll has Harris +2, Trump -10, Walz even, Vance -10

That puts the 538 favorability averages at:

Harris 44/48
Trump 43/52
Walz 37/32
Vance 33/42

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Harris 44/48
Trump 43/52
Walz 37/32
Vance 33/42

Explain to me like I'm 5 the difference between polls and favorability polls.  And why I should care.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Explain to me like I'm 5 the difference between polls and favorability polls.  And why I should care.

If people don't like you, it's hard to get them to vote for you outside of your base.  If over 50% of voters don't like Trump, it's pretty hard for him to get a majority of the vote. 

He usually hovers around 43-45 favorability, which is typically where his polling hovers (44-46%). 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Harris 44/48
Trump 43/52
Walz 37/32
Vance 33/42

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If people don't like you, it's hard to get them to vote for you outside of your base.  If over 50% of voters don't like Trump, it's pretty hard for him to get a majority of the vote. 

He usually hovers around 43-45 favorability, which is typically where his polling hovers (44-46%). 

So by this logic, Walz should be running for POTUS?

21 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Would it be too much to ask for Kamala or Walz to show up to their debate and put an orange, a mushroom, and a little toy couch on the podium and not say a word about it?

Props aren’t allowed. I’d rather see Stormy Daniels and E. Jean Carroll seated in the front row of the audience. I don’t know if Karen McDougal could be persuaded. She actually liked the guy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, Pancho said:

They are trying to make turnip feel better lol

Do pollsters have to say who they are? I can imagine plenty of people hearing “we’re polling for Fox News” and hanging the fuck up while others would be happy to speak with them and skew the poll.

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, The Dog said:

holy shit 7.5 MOE? that's not even worthy of discussion or even using for the average.

I am pretty sure that is just for the "independent" split.  The FoxNews poll had 1100 RV, which is pretty typical of polls, at least ones that do frequent polling.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

200.webp

Having to coexist with a family of Trumpists in a red state, I often feel like I am going insane. And it's in those moments I thank sweet baby Jesus for you assholes and this fucking board. If it weren't for Surly, I think I might lose my goddamn mind.

Unless the internet goes away, those people aren't coming back. It fucking sucks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1