2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

3 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

My biggest beef with Dotard.  He’s made voting for one side so repugnant that you have to vote for the other side regardless of policy.  Now we’ve gotta act excited about price controls. 

Nobody proposed any “price controls,” come on.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Price controls are suck

but if you aren’t going to do anything meaningful about collusion and monopolies you need to have them

The pending Krogers-Albertson merger is definitely concerning.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, Tuco said:

The pending Krogers-Albertson merger is definitely concerning.  

HEB kicked Krogers ass in Texas

You worried about that when the real problem is the 3-4 companies that control everything in the beef, crop, poultry, pork, etc industries.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

I think they have 1 dem and 1 rep pollster that work together.  

I have no issue with the Fox poll. We will see a few Trump +1 / tied race to Harris +5-6 and that doesn’t change that its +3 Harris or so today  

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Price controls are suck

but if you aren’t going to do anything meaningful about collusion and monopolies you need to have them

I’m basically non-ideological on everything. The facts on the ground are what matter and you should always decide based on that.

This is one where I’d want to see whatever analysis they’ve done to say this is one of the situations where controls work out.  Austin doesn’t feel very monopolistic in grocery.  Small towns would more I’m sure, just like they’d seem that way for every type of business.  

8 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

what the hell does this have to do with anything? His campaign should be doing everything they can to tie Harris to Biden considering how unpopular he is. 

he keeps shooting himself in the dick.

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 2

Trump will be shitting himself in the nursing home one day saying "if Biden had stayed the race, I would've won". Like the majority of Americans, he's really going to appreciate what he had in Joe Biden but now it's too late. 

• Hook 'Em 7

11 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

I honestly believe he thinks Biden is no longer president.

If you go by the words that he says, yeah, he clearly thinks that. I'm honestly not sure if he thinks Harris is currently President or not.

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Trump will be shitting himself in the nursing home one day saying "if Biden had stayed the race, I would've won". Like the majority of Americans, he's really going to appreciate what he had in Joe Biden but now it's too late. 

He's already doing that every day in Mar-a-lago.

21 minutes ago, The Dog said:

what the hell does this have to do with anything? His campaign should be doing everything they can to tie Harris to Biden considering how unpopular he is. 

he keeps shooting himself in the dick.

Actually, shooting at his dick. It's not an easy target and it hides.

image.png.43aa672851520f49afdeffc73773c2d6.png

Ladies and gentlemen, the new auctioneer on Storage Wars!

"I promise to take bids more slowly so the stupid childless cat ladies will understand me! Sure, some of the cat ladies aren't white, but we still love them."

This would be so humiliating if any non-shameless person was in his shoes. Walking across an empty asphalt parking lot to ascend the dais set up in front of loading docks would seem endless. Then you arrive, and there is nobody around except for some malcontent extras who didn't like their box lunches and hate you.

Should you have a dream like that, it would be a nightmare of sinking stomach and heart. That is, if you were not shameless.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If you go by the words that he says, yeah, he clearly thinks that. I'm honestly not sure if he thinks Harris is currently President or not.

Well he does think asylum seekers are the same as those from insane asylums so

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Trump will be shitting himself in the nursing home   prison one day saying "if Biden had stayed the race, I would've won". Like the majority of Americans, he's really going to appreciate what he had in Joe Biden but now it's too late. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Joe is bad, but he is good because he hates others that are bad, but he is bad because he hates me, but he is good because he was ripped off so actually it is Kamala who is bad. 

4D chess

its-its-always-sunny.gif

10 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

This guy is the Rick Perry of VP candidates.

I think I could probably guess that this guy's a couch-fucker even if I didn't already know that he's a couch-fucker.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Like, what does this get him?  What is the goal?  I don't see how it results in more votes for him or less for her.

It's all about laying the foundation to contest the election when he loses. He'll file lawsuits that she was not a legitimate candidate because Biden won the primaries. It's just throwing grievance shit against the wall. But it's also whining because he spent years making Biden out as the feeble candidate and now that's him. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Be careful, there are plenty of shithead women out there as well.  6-Toes Marge, Boobert, Elsie, Dog Killer, Huckabeef, etc. etc. etc.

Absolutely. Shit flinging is not gonad determinative.

I see Lama’s quote being validated at the ballot box, though I, too, look forward to a female POTUS.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

For those wondering, the RNC "Death Valley" speakers included Marjorie Taylor Greene, Sen. Tim Scott,  Glenn Youngkin, Kristi Noem, and Sean O’Brien (among others).  

Edited by TexasHooch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4