2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

I’ll be in my hometown tomorrow visiting my parents. If I don’t see turnip shit in ruby red Cooke County/Gainesville at this time of the year, something is afoot.

Also, I just love their lines of “attacks”—aka the greatest 2016 hits—just isn’t working anymore. People are just tired of it from turnip and his fan bois online.

Eventually people with a little self esteem and half a brain get tired of relentlessly being beaten with “everything sucks”

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I’ll be in my hometown tomorrow visiting my parents. If I don’t see turnip shit in ruby red Cooke County/Gainesville at this time of the year, something is afoot.

Also, I just love their lines of “attacks”—aka the greatest 2016 hits—just isn’t working anymore. People are just tired of it from turnip and his fan bois online.

Already here. There's definitely less than there has been in prior years. 

5 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Already here. There's definitely less than there has been in prior years. 

Last time I was there, that turnip store in between Gainesville and Valley View looked like a fucking homeless shack. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Easily, most energy since Obama.  I actually blew way more money than I wanted but obviously for a good cause.  Also, the camraderie is priceless.  Imagine growing up in Africa or India and being poor by even those standards and today you stand proud on the richest country in earths history.  Insane.  

Shit, I could have been a paramecium, bot fly or gizzard shad--far more of them and probably higher chance, than an Anglo American male.  I won the damn lottery. 

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Those two Gen Zers that are in charge of this are fucking gold.  Here's hoping they get a podcast or something after this.

They're having the time of their lives, too.

I mean, deep down, I hate it, but it’s just not possible to run a normal campaign against that fucking asshole. Fight fire with fire, but with controlled rage and sarcasm, as opposed to the diarrhea that spews out of his mouth constantly. I think it’s effective for this particular cycle.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 8

5 hours ago, Pancho said:

9 trillion in debt from 4 years in office--that doesn't include infrastructure, healthcare or anything really meaningful.  Where's the money?  

A wall that doesn't cover much and was built with the idea of pocketing the money, so it was built extra shoddy, is some of it, and Covid was huge, but he totally fucked that up.  

He was able to get 2-3 billion from the Saudis and another 10 million from Egypt into his pocket.  This is what we know.  So of course he's siphoning the GOP campaign contributions.  That's what he does. 

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

CNN out there digging up 20-year-old news on Tim Walz's DWI arrest and yet nary a peep on the $10M bribe to Trump from Egypt.

CNN should be calling out Trump's batshittery, but instead they desperately want it to either be a close race, or more likely for Trump to win.  It'd rejuvenate their evening numbers.

Of course, Fox News would love for Trump to lose,  both for the eyeballs tuning in to watch Fox News hosts bitching about Kamala, but also the lawsuits costing them a pretty penny probably ate into some executive bonuses.  They can't be too blatant though, so Murdoch uses his newspapers in NY instead to be passive-aggressive.

• Hook 'Em 3

58 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Eventually people with a little self esteem and half a brain get tired of relentlessly being beaten with “everything sucks”

same phenomenon with putting brisket on ignore, or just scrolling by his relentless drivel

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

CNN should be calling out Trump's batshittery, but instead they desperately want it to either be a close race, or more likely for Trump to win.  It'd rejuvenate their evening numbers.

Of course, Fox News would love for Trump to lose,

And here is what the fuck is wrong with cable news, in a nutshell.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Well Frank, there's a few possibilities here:

A). Trump ain't sane.  And/or

B). Trump doesn't have to actually campaign as he is depending on some kind of legal process to hand him the election via the House.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

The real problem is that the skillset it takes to get elected has fuck all to do with the skillset it takes to a good job once elected. Sure a few people have both, but if you dont have the first, you never get to show the second. Increasingly the jobs in DC are just full time campaign positions requiring the occupants to fly around the country whoring themselves out for dollars. That idiocy seems to be gender neutral. 

1500x500

qpAOfKrc_400x400.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Curiously, as a R in the same time frame, I did not hate Clinton.  He turned out to be a pretty fine centrist R in a lot of respects, regrettably so in others, and he may have been the most policy-sophisticated POTUS of our collective lifetimes, certainly I think the most intelligent and a political savant.

The sexual predation does give me pause.  However, I was fairly convinced by Posner's criticism of the impeachment that it was mostly none of my business.

I never really understood the sexual predation angle.  

Adultery?  Sure.  Bad idea?  Absolutely.  

But it's not like he raped her.  She was a willing participant, and let's be honest...let the 49-year-old man who wouldn't be tempted by a BJ from a 21-year-old woman cast the first stone.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Back in the 90s when I was a Republican, I fucking hated Bill Clinton and thought he was a complete sleazeball sexual predator.  

I still fucking hate Bill Clinton and think he is a complete sleazeball sexual predator.

High Five Friends GIF by Amazon Freevee

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I never really understood the sexual predation angle.  

Adultery?  Sure.  Bad idea?  Absolutely.  

But it's not like he raped her.  She was a willing participant, and let's be honest...let the 49-year-old man who wouldn't be tempted by a BJ from a 21-year-old woman cast the first stone.

Do you even Epstein Island bro?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

It’s pretty clear he was hated in high school for his classmates to keep sending shit like this to the press. 

And here I thought just hanging your names as many times as he did was a red flag…

JDV was that overweight kid growing up that had issues fitting in, due in no small part to being raised by gparents and a fucked up mother. The kinda kid you felt for when he got bullied, but would cause those feelings to evaporate bc he brought on so much of it by being a total shit talking asshole that didn’t know when to shut up.

even now with the couch thing I almost feel for the guy, everybody laughing at him. But then he goes out there and is a *weird shit that does weird shit during the day* (call back to an all time epic viral rant) and just enjoy watching him get wrecked. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, The Royal We said:

Do you even Epstein Island bro?

That shit wasn't public in 1995.  He was accused of being a sexual predator back then.  

Dude was a known horndog, but I never believed the rape allegation by Juanita Broaddrick.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

I’m pretty sure trump did

Fair

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Back in the 90s when I was a Republican, I fucking hated Bill Clinton and thought he was a complete sleazeball sexual predator.  

I still fucking hate Bill Clinton and think he is a complete sleazeball sexual predator.

He should have resigned. Imagine how much better the next few years would have gone.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

busy day

He recognizes that thing from Hunter Biden’s laptop. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

CNN out there digging up 20-year-old news on Tim Walz's DWI arrest and yet nary a peep on the $10M bribe to Trump from Egypt.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/15/politics/tim-walz-2006-campaign-falsely-described-dwi-kfile/index.html

We also don't know whether Trump is a business partner or employee of Saudi Arabia, or merely accepting bribes. Pick one of the 3 because it has to be 1.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Holy shit, please tell me this is real and official from the campaign. It's about fucking goddamned time they start speaking the truth about what they're up against. 

It's real. 100% real life and it's beautiful

32 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Back in the 90s when I was a Republican, I fucking hated Bill Clinton because he was a liberal commie Democrat.

Now that I’m a Democrat, I don’t like Clinton because it turns out he was a reactionary Republican. 

At the time I was centrist or considered myself such. "Fiscally conservative," rather libertarian and always pro-choice...Clinton's health care plan, which got shot down mainly due to opposition from the insurance companies and AARP, would have been glorious. Much better than ACA. Today I still consider myself fiscally conservative but take a much wider, longer-term view of the costs vs benefits of any plan or regulation. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I’m basically non-ideological on everything. The facts on the ground are what matter and you should always decide based on that.

This is one where I’d want to see whatever analysis they’ve done to say this is one of the situations where controls work out.  Austin doesn’t feel very monopolistic in grocery.  Small towns would more I’m sure, just like they’d seem that way for every type of business.  

Small towns have to worry about their grocery stores being pushed out by Dollar Trees/Dollar Generals/Family Dollar whatever.

Not helped that a lot of small town grocery stores don't do the best of jobs to begin with.  When we would visit Alpine in the summers, it was also required to check expiration dates on everything we were buying.

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, The Dog said:

22 minutes ago, Red Five said:

We've been saying this for weeks. 

It's the exact same shit he has been doing the entire Biden presidency, the same stuff that had hop up 5+ in WI/MI/PA. The difference now is a Democratic nominee equipped to fight back, an energized Democratic voter base, and a decent chunk of the previous "double haters" being true to their word and taking Democrats up on the alternative.

Trump is going to get his 46%, +2-3 on that in swing states, which generally lean slightly right of the nation. It's what he got in 2016 and 2020; he's running the same campaign and he'll get the same votes. The job for Democrats has always been to assemble the coalition to beat that.

The fundamental mistake is assuming Trump is sane.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Trump VP pick JD Vance is seen posing with three female classmates at boys' urinals in

Soros should spend some bucks putting that up on billboards all over the place.

Yeah, yeah, he was probably bullied in high school, but he's the one doing the bullying now, and if he had his way, he'd make life hard on millions of Americans if he got his way.

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I did some ridiculously embarrassing, cringe-worthy things from middle school to college to try to find my "in" with girls. Things that, if there were pictures, I literally wouldn't be able to look at them.

Know exactly what you mean - we would have to hunt down and deal with some folks to keep some photos from getting out.

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

image.png.a8dc9bb20ddcefd8cd6645dfbb4a4521.png

I wish/hope this is true, and I wish that somebody would get it in front of Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Kamala caused the crash, but Wall St., believing Trump will win, is the reason it went back up. Duh.

which is why DJT stock is up....checks notes, excuse me down 31% since Biden stepped aside and Kamala stepped up. 

• Haha 5

56 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Logically it makes sense that this is good news but does any know if historically it has been true?

it's the result of that stuff the GOP put on the ballot that was voted down. that boosted turnout from the Democrats.