2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Again, for some of us... seeing that Trump bag just prompts an image of the Soviet flag. Red Dawn. Bad. Evil. Scum. This evil motherfucker needs to die. Whew that word association got away from me. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, thepop said:

idk why yall watch it

I"m listening at work. I"ve watched this nutsack speak dozens of times like everyone else here, but it's difficult to explain just how fucking stupid the things he says, and the way they sound. He talked about hooking solar panels up to natural gas plants, but those solar panels can't power a natural  gas plant. 

He's literally saying they're going to do everything. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I"m listening at work. I"ve watched this nutsack speak dozens of times like everyone else here, but it's difficult to explain just how fucking stupid the things he says, and the way they sound. He talked about hooking solar panels up to natural gas plants, but those solar panels can't power a natural  gas plant. 

This truly is bonkers. 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

"When I was president we never had Hammas."

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Fox News removed the ticker. Bwahahahaha

Beyond obvious question: "Hey, remember when you were saying the exact same thing four years ago about Biden? Why should anyone listen to you now?"

Just now, Red Five said:

Beyond obvious question: "Hey, remember when you were saying the exact same thing four years ago about Biden? Why should anyone listen to you now?"

Remember, no unfriendly media is allowed on his properties to ask questions. Not that they would ask that anyway.

"Local law enforcement know the address of every single criminal in the country. And we're going to let them go after all the criminals and get them out, and we're going to make sure they're immune from prosecution." 

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

he's literally giving them soundbites to beat him.

this is the first time he's read these talking points most likely - it's why he keeps losing his place. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Do things cost more than they did 4 years ago?

yes, every country in the world has been impacted by Covid and the inflation that followed

are Americans making more income than they were 4 years ago? yes

is the economy booming? Yes

is crime up? Down 25% since he left office

This American carnage, WWIII, 1929 crash reads extremely hollow to anyone with half a brain (which is the people he needs to get beyond his base). 

• Hook 'Em 7

37 minutes ago, C-Man said:

According to Trump, because of Kamala you're allowed to rob a store so long as it wasn't more than $950. He said "you have thieves going into stores with calculators calculating how much it is. If it's less than $950 they can rob it and not get charged. That was her."

So according to Trump, Kamala is responsible for this terrible inflation, which is why I can't afford anything, but she is also responsible for me being allowed to steal whatever I want and not get in trouble as long as it's under $950 which means all of my groceries are free under Kamala?  I would call Trump a fucking moron but that's offensive to the morons of this world.  

Oh, and somebody should sue the media for malpractice.  They are destroying this country for allowing this asshat to speak and not flat out saying that he is fucking insane, stupid, or both.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Trump reads the phrase “supply chain disruption” and then starts riffing off script. 

Well, there are supply chain issues.  The main reasons:

1.  Hot economy, particularly for any gear used to build data centers. 

2. Continued challenges with an aging infrastructure. 

3. Climate change causing a drought in Panama, greatly reducing the number of ships that can transit.  (The canal uses water from a lake, and that lake is low.) 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

I'm surprised by your seemingly contrarian take. Do you seriously think they didn't already heavily focus group the possibility of using it for the next 2.5 months as a political message for dealing with inflation., esp compared to whatever drumpf is offering?

As for policy, the devil is in the details, so it seems more than a bit early to judge.

1) This isn’t a policy election. 
2) The policy itself wouldn’t do much, but it sounds important. 

So it combines the fraught politics of a consequential proposal while not doing much even if they did it.

2 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

@Firemans4Hornis right. All news media, influencers, podcast cretins need to do is repeat how Trump lost his fastball and he will then appear a week later and say he’s got a great fastball and never lost it.

Then he’ll meander into how he was one of the greatest baseball prospects of all time.  Could have gone pro.  Would have been an All Star.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1