2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

The racists are still very angry and offended about a joke.

image.thumb.png.1b3c4dc5db4c965ac690dde1298f1487.png

Meanwhile:

image.png.b5cd7d49167bb78d21b11645d73254b2.png

The straw man here is unbelievable. The correct thing to say is imagine if Trump said white guy tacos and not spicy. Which would draw the same reaction as walz. Or if walz had said black guy tacos are chicken and watermelon, yeah that would be a story just like if Trump said it. 

This “technical definition of racist includes against whites” stuff doesn’t really work in the game of national politics. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Outside of 1 or 2 tacos at Torchy's who tf is ordering corn tortillas?

I've never heard of this Torchy guy, but I'm guessing they don't do street tacos.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fucking IN. This is a great idea. I will continue to post recipes from my cookbook (again, a gift from my half brother). We can all pick one and make it, and report the results.

Pick whatever you want. There’s a place for spam. Shit, that’s a real flavor bomb to folks from Minnesota.

Hormel did invent Spam in Austin, Minnesota. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

The straw man here is unbelievable. The correct thing to say is imagine if Trump said white guy tacos and not spicy. Which would draw the same reaction as walz. Or if walz had said black guy tacos are chicken and watermelon, yeah that would be a story just like if Trump said it. 

This “technical definition of racist includes against whites” stuff doesn’t really work in the game of national politics. 

Matt Walsh is a twit. Reverse racism / anti-white racism is not real. Racial prejudice exists (white people taco night), but not anti-white racism.
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Again…the day of his death will be the most celebrated event of my lifetime. My wife and I were just talking about whiskey and the varieties in my cabinet. I have 1/3 of a bottle of Pappy. I will be drinking from that bottle the day that fucking bastard dies. If I find out he died in pain and agony, I’ll drink the whole thing.

I like Pappy. We should hang out.

• Haha 1

This Medal of Honor bullshit is going to hurt him. 
Hahahahaha....right.

He has repeatedly shit on veterans for almost a decade. Exactly what blowback has he felt from attacking McCain, gold star parents, "suckers & losers," saluting a North Korean general, etc.?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Hahahahaha....right.

He has repeatedly shit on veterans for almost a decade. Exactly what blowback has he felt from attacking McCain, gold star parents, "suckers & losers," saluting a North Korean general, etc.?

McCain and North Korea alone should have had vets turn on him, yet here we are, this one won't make any difference whatsoever with his current cult.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

I was checking out reddit this morning, and the military boards are pretty spicy over it. 

How spicy (I like what you did there) were they about gold star families, shitting on the grave of John McCain, and calling General Milley a weak traitor?

This is like the 200th worst thing that he's said about service men and women. 

They'll ultimately justify it like they always do.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I was checking out reddit this morning, and the military boards are pretty spicy over it. 

I'm sure those boards were spicy the last 10 times he said shit about McCain, or military suckers etc... This isn't exactly groundbreaking commentary from the man. The people that actually care probably made the decision not to  vote for the guy years ago. But I'm also of the opinion that the number of true undecideds in this country can be counted on MTG's toes. People have had 10 years now to formulate an opinion on Trump. The election is pretty much just a GOTV contest now, and this doesn't strike me as something that will dissuade trump  voters. He's done it many times before. 

29 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Again…the day of his death will be the most celebrated event of my lifetime. My wife and I were just talking about whiskey and the varieties in my cabinet. I have 1/3 of a bottle of Pappy. I will be drinking from that bottle the day that fucking bastard dies. If I find out he died in pain and agony, I’ll drink the whole thing.

I think we’ll all do the Ewok dance….

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I think we’ll all do the Ewok dance….

I'm looking forward to the lessons on decorum we will all be getting from the deplorables, and the collective "NOPE FUCK YOU" they will receive from all of us. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Welcome to my county, Jefferson County, a reliable light blue county. No idea what the usual split is in Vestavia, but it's one of those places where they read books and wear shoes, so there are probably more than a few non-Magas.

Now, if you see Kamala signs in Pelham, Alabaster, or, God Help Us, Bibb County*, that's when you bet the baby's new shoes on Alabama flipping.

*In Bibb Co. signs will no doubt be surrounded by decorative wreaths of tiny Confederate flags.

• Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

This Medal of Honor bullshit is going to hurt him. 

While some MAGA dorks are trying to excuse/mansplain it, more are coming after him on it than I expected. 

Regarding the situation:

1. The Democratic convention is next week. The pro-Palestinian groups are planning a big protest but fortunately aren't going to be allowed to get close to the convention. If they successfully disrupt the convention then that will be a major problem and distraction for the Harris campaign. This is the only thing that really gives me heartburn as a Harris supporter.

2. I'm curious to see whether Harris/Walz get much of a bump out of the convention. Trump certainly didn't out of his but not many were watching it. 

3. Harris' speech at the convention will likely be one of the most watched political events in recent memory. I think there are still a lot more undecideds out there than some of these polls - I'm more inclined to believe the polls that show the race as 43/42 either way than these that show 49/48. This will be her first big chance to make an impression on these voters. The second will be the debate. 

4. Nobody gives a shit about the VP position so Comer is wasting time and resources as usual - and at the direction of Trump most likely. It will get MAGA up in arms but nobody really cares - people vote top of the ticket. Might be more of an issue if Harris was Trump's age.

• Hook 'Em 3

44 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Matt Walsh is a twit. Reverse racism / anti-white racism is not real. Racial prejudice exists (white people taco night), but not anti-white racism.

After all that we white men have been through, how can you be so callous as to write the above?

We'll never get out from under the lead boot of racism if you won't even recognize it exists.

Nobody says our lives matter. Such suffering.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, The Dog said:

While some MAGA dorks are trying to excuse/mansplain it, more are coming after him on it than I expected. 

Regarding the situation:

1. The Democratic convention is next week. The pro-Palestinian groups are planning a big protest but fortunately aren't going to be allowed to get close to the convention. If they successfully disrupt the convention then that will be a major problem and distraction for the Harris campaign. This is the only thing that really gives me heartburn as a Harris supporter.

I wonder if they can get ahead of it and give them a pre-defined space to protest. 

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

After all that we white men have been through, how can you be so callous as to write the above?

We'll never get out from under the lead boot of racism if you won't even recognize it exists.

mensrights.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

NCOs are the backbone of the Corps.  JD Vance is the coccyx.

Am I mistaken, or was Vance a Corporal simply because the Marine Corps doesn't have a Spec 4 rank?

The Army has both, so a Spec 4 would be in an office typing up press releases, and a Corporal would be out commanding troops and doing War shit. Spec 4s can do war shit too, but they are not considered NCOs. When I was a Spec 4 I called the rank "High Private."

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Newsflash idiots, Kamala is floating price controls and $25k+ handouts to homebuyers; that’s something to be upset about.

I know, right? That’s just a handout to irresponsible freeloaders who buy more house than they can afford.

Which is why Republicans all decline the mortgage interest deduction on principle, right?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

I don't understand the tweet.  Republican enclave of Alabama?  Isn't that the entire state?

County by county, no. The Black Belt across the middle is solid blue. The inner Birmingham metro is blue too. Once in a blue (haha) moon Huntsville or Mobile might wiggle blue-ish, but don't bet the farm on it.

10 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

IMG_2835.gif.7ee80deb73025c43fa6544fcfc1d154f.gif

IMG_2072.gif.00dc5861dcb45e8643ba228fb11b7034.gif

• Haha 7

I am seeing a very positive sign repeat itself. Daily Mail was making an entire industry out of their almost-hourly attacks on Biden, with article after article focused on his mental gyrations.

Now, they have little to pick on about Harris. There simply isn't enough material to attack her in any sustainable way. Being the shameless, opportunitive whores that they are, Daily Mail is now switching their attacks to Trump. I see this as a good sign, as it also happened in 2020, when the conservative mood shifted against him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Emerson - Trump +1 in PA

5 point improvement for Harris since their last poll. Throw it on the pile and average 

Philly's gonna have to save us again. Fuck the Eagles but I genuinely like the city of Philadelphia. Can't believe it's been almost 4 years since we got the Gritty reaction.

Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

For many (all?) of them, it boils down to the fact that they're not allowed to say the n-word. Perhaps some would actually never say it. They just want the right to say it without repercussions or being criticized. 

Duh, easy-peasy. They should just turn Black for a while, like Trump says Kamala did.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

“Invent”

hey, should we throw all of this pork waste away, or can it and sell it to poors and Hawaiians?

I'm sure they thought it would cool that everyone would have easy access to a shelf stable head cheese adjacent product just like they were having at home. 

What these shit heels don't realize about comedy (and why they're not funny) is that you can joke about stereotypes but it has to be true to be funny.  (Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Trae Crowder, etc.)

The "white man taco" or whatever is funny because it's true.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Am I mistaken, or was Vance a Corporal simply because the Marine Corps doesn't have a Spec 4 rank?

The Army has both, so a Spec 4 would be in an office typing up press releases, and a Corporal would be out commanding troops and doing War shit. Spec 4s can do war shit too, but they are not considered NCOs. When I was a Spec 4 I called the rank "High Private."

That is correct.  An E-4 is a corporal, whether they are infantry, admin., cooks, or aircraft technicians.  It's part of the Corps' "Every Marine is a rifleman." ethos.  The ranks for E-8 and above split for command (First Sergeant, Sergeant Major) and technical (Master Sergeant, Master Gunnery Sergeant).

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

What these shit heels don't realize about comedy (and why they're not funny) is that you can joke about stereotypes but it has to be true to be funny.  (Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Trae Crowder, etc.)
The "white man taco" or whatever is funny because it's true.  

And republicans are Michael Scott yelling Chris Rock jokes and not understanding the difference.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.f08ec3d12bbe8b0d652f802a5c9d0bf8.png

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

That is correct.  An E-4 is a corporal, whether they are infantry, admin., cooks, or aircraft technicians.  It's part of the Corps' "Every Marine is a rifleman." ethos.  The ranks for E-8 and above split for command (First Sergeant, Sergeant Major) and technical (Master Sergeant, Master Gunnery Sergeant).

Heh. In the Army every non-combat specialty is an infantry replacement once people start dropping, but we don't tell them that when they enlist.

• Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Philly's gonna have to save us again. Fuck the Eagles but I genuinely like the city of Philadelphia. Can't believe it's been almost 4 years since we got the Gritty reaction.

Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

Philly is an underrated city.

On a related note, we had some overly aggressive pro life protesters here over the summer.  There was a minor incident.  Some random guy said to me "My sister lives in Philly and they went there once."

"Um, how did that go?"

"You get your ass kicked in Philly for acting like that."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, G650 said:

Wait, what. Who in their right mind would think this is a good idea? I mean where does the impulse for this even come from?

here's the beginning of said chapter in their policy compilation:  https://project2025truth.com/pdf/503/

the relevant portion is on page 510

The section was authored by Drumpf's former HUD Secretary.

Each of the relevant impulses aren't necessarily explicit but based on my reading, the impulse(s) seem to be:

• Own the libs,
  • tear down HUD 
  • allow political appointees to dictate where money gets spent,
  • push more people into the renter class to enrich private equity firms
  • continue to destroy the middle class

image.thumb.png.a3c9e10eb64f56f0c942f0a860dce58d.png

This is another bullet point from project 2025. I'd need an expert to confirm but I believe this relates to doing away with federally backed loans for single family housing through Fannie Mae. 

image.thumb.png.4672eb0d60acd5df4c0ab48bc6daee7b.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1