2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

A runza (also called a bierock, krautburger, or kraut pirok) is a yeast dough bread pocket with a filling consisting of beef, cabbage or sauerkraut, onions, and seasonings.[3][4][5][6] Runzas can be baked into various shapes such as a half-moon, a rectangle, a round (bun), a square, or a triangle.

per wiki

So its the worst kolache (klobnasek actually) you could fathom. 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Shit talk Bierocks and such all you want, they’re great especially if you have an old country recipe. Plus, Walz is going to lead a Northern European cooking renaissance the likes this country has never seen. A hot dish/cassarole truck on every corner. All manner of dessert bars, cold Hamm’s/Grain Belt wherever you buy beer. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 3

Just now, Royalfan5 said:

Shit talk Bierocks and such all you want, they’re great especially if you have an old country recipe. Plus, Walz is going to lead a Northern European cooking renaissance the likes this country has never seen. A hot dish/cassarole truck on every corner. All manner of dessert bars, cold Hamm’s/Grain Belt wherever you buy beer. 

I've got a great local liquor store complete with Pappy's on the shelf.    They stock Hamms. 

8 hours ago, Tuco said:

Is it possible that TPUSA is hiring out-of-state activists, putting them up in a hotel, and asking them register in Arizona?  The main purpose would for them knock on doors and try to get people to register, but the little bit of extra votes would be gravy.  Registration laws in many states are pretty loose.  I remember Steve Bannon was registered in Florida because he was renting a house to his ex.  

It is possible and likely.

The scale isn't large enough to tip an election, but they fully intend to have the "volunteers" register in AZ after 30 days.

I don't know all the laws here. 

8 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Political Director for Trump campaign: 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523mgjy1t7j69w6e0ui4

A lotta rumors out there about Donald having female genitalia....apparently coming into focus as Trump campaign quickly surrenders any claims of reality.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 minutes ago, Jersey Man10 said:

Saw this today lol5ed00a796aebef395b2774b84aa000e7.jpg

You should've gone up and knocked on his window to inform him his flag decals are unevenly spaced and that the American flag kind of tilts a little toward the left. It'd drive him crazy(er), noticing it each time he ambles up like Marion Morrison in a cowboy costume behind his manly pick'em-up truck.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

It’s too much to be fake. Did they convince the kid to go to that rooftop?  He and others actually died. Not that Trump would care about that, but all the others in the conspiracy would have to be just as depraved and indifferent. 

But shrapnel or fragment after a projectile initially struck something else?  Seems plausible. 

Doesn’t make the event any more or less scary for him or for the country to have someone aiming and firing at a presidential candidate. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

A runza (also called a bierock, krautburger, or kraut pirok) is a yeast dough bread pocket with a filling consisting of beef, cabbage or sauerkraut, onions, and seasonings.[3][4][5][6] Runzas can be baked into various shapes such as a half-moon, a rectangle, a round (bun), a square, or a triangle.

per wiki

I would plow that shit, lots of good Czechs in Nebraska, same goes for pasties, had quite a few this summer in the UP.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

per wiki

that sounds fucking great. Not everyone wants load of processed fatty, greasy "meat product" 

Although I do find the super-specific regional food smack talk a bit .. weird. Flyover country indeed.

Edited by ChuckNorrisActionJeans
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, UTCzech III said:

I would plow that shit, lots of good Czechs in Nebraska, same goes for pasties, had quite a few this summer in the UP.

Well, yeah, given your handle, I guess you'd be one to know.

48 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Many, MANY people are saying Dotard is shining up his Naza paraphernalia to wear on the campaign trail

image.png.f0b1b611777956848cabbbdafd7d4ae6.png

What in the actual fuck?

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

Many, MANY people are saying Dotard is shining up his Naza paraphernalia to wear on the campaign trail

image.png.f0b1b611777956848cabbbdafd7d4ae6.png

The town has got to be footing the bill. “Hell yeah, Trump can come here. We won’t charge him a penny!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Jesus. Half of that town's Wikipedia entry is about the KKK and racist shit happening there, but to the credit of some townsfolk, at least a small number apparently aren't in favor of it.

He’s going there because his crowds have been dogshit in real cities and they look bored as fuck. Going to a KKK hotbed ensures a rally with crazy enthusiasm similar to what we are seeing at the Kamala rallies. They’re trying to get momentum back on their side by showing an enthusiastic crowd, but unfortunately the only way Trump can do it is by visiting a racist town that’s full throated in excitement for him. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

The town has got to be footing the bill. “Hell yeah, Trump can come here. We won’t charge him a penny!”

It's a town that is guaranteed to fill the arena for Trump.  Otherwise, it wouldn't have been chosen.  When you can't fill a 2000 seat barn in Asheville, NC you gotta take the candidate to where he is welcomed.  

• Hook 'Em 4

22 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Jesus. Half of that town's Wikipedia entry is about the KKK and racist shit happening there, but to the credit of some townsfolk, at least a small number apparently aren't in favor of it.

Man... Michigan seems like a super weird state to me as far as a Northern state. I admit I don't know all of its background but all the militia and regressive confederate shit alongside normal people...why?

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.michiganpublic.org/arts-culture/2017-09-12/why-is-howell-considered-the-kkk-capital-of-michigan

image.thumb.png.0f575006faf9f13573c6238f27b61bf4.png

https://www.tumblr.com/can-you-feel-the-tears/622162837192802304/from-girl-scouts-social-media-the-original

ID: Seven screenshots of a twitter thread by @dst6n01 from June 9, 2020 that altogether read: Story I learned last night:

Spoiler

I started Girl Scouts in first grade and was an active scout until I was 17 (12th grade)—did All the GS stuff and loved my scouting experience. I was a GS national delegate.

My troop, 1001, was in Detroit and almost all black.

Our leaders were Black women and they genuinely loved us. Because they loved us, we did All the GS things: we sold cookies, and earned badges, and di community service, and went camping.

Real camping—out in the “forest.” Cabins and s’mores and trails and knapsacks and walking sticks and campfires and songs and lakes and All The Things.

Loved It.

I was young when I started camping, maybe 4th or 5th grade, don’t remember exactly. But I do remember getting in our cars, with our paper lunches and sleeping bags and flashlights and book of badges to earn outside and being so excited.

We would drive a Very Long Time (at least to a 9 year old) and end up at the campgrounds. And then we’d learn the camp rules and review the Girl Scout requirements: leave a space better than you found it, clean your trash, be kind, have fun. And we did all those things.

My memories of camping are 💯 wonderful and positive and I’m getting warm fuzzies.

Last night I talked to my best friend, whose mom was one of our leaders and camp chaperones. We were talking about camp, and her mom mentioned staying up with two other moms all night, taking stations at each door and window of our cabin and having night watch.

Night watch? I asked, genuinely confused. What kind of bears did y’all think were going to open the door of our cabin and eat us? 😂I asked, jokingly.

She got quiet. “Not bears,” she said, “the Klan.”

Silence.

“What?”

“The Klan.”

Yesterday, I learned that one of our GS camps was in Howell, Michigan. This Howell.

The tweet links an article from michiganradio.org titled “Why is Howell considered the KKK capital of Michigan?”

Howell is about an hour outside Detroit, halfway to Lansing.

To me, a kid somewhere between 8-12, camping was fun. To our mothers and leaders, camping was potentially dangerous.

But, they wanted us to experience All the experiences Girl Scouts have. They just had night watch so we could. So they stood watch—all night. In the 90s.

This is Not a post to debate the rationale of us camping in Howell. That’s not the fair conversation to have.

This is a post to illuminate how deeply unfair it is to live in a state of terrorized, racial fear. How that fear creates a space for ongoing trauma.

How Black mothers have to exist in a dual space: providing all the social and cultural experiences that you believe your daughters need and being constantly aware of the dangers that exist in non black spaces where those experiences often are.

End ID]

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 7

6 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Man... Michigan seems like a super weird state to me as far as a Northern state. I admit I don't know all of its background but all the militia and regressive confederate shit alongside normal people...why?

Michigan is not unique - step foot outside of Chicago and Illinois becomes the most racist place I've ever been.  Fewer militias than Michigan - but more openly racist.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

It's a definite gap in my geographic knowledge of this country too and one of the very few states I haven't visited, aside from the airport in Detroit for a connecting flight to Rochester NY once which doesn't count in my opinion.

Gallagher, the watermelon-smashing comedian from the 1980s, had a stand-up bit that was on Showtime (we didn't have HBO in my hometown back then) a lot where he put on a red and black plaid jacket and an Elmer Fudd hat. He came to the edge of the stage and said, "This is Michigan." I was probably about 10-12 years old at the time and was utterly confused because my knowledge of the state basically consisted of crime-ridden Detroit, cars, and great big bodies of water at the time.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Despite it's problems, Detroit is a surprisingly large metro area.  (+4M people.)  Large minority population with some upscale suburban whites.  Democratic stronghold.  It's big enough to outweigh the rest of the state which is basically rural and crazy.  They have a large number of union whites, who generally vote on economic lines but there are some Trumpers there.  They have a lot of militias and I'm not sure why.

Not dissimilar to GA and AZ, which are rural fucking wing nuts but with a giant city that outweighs them.

• Hook 'Em 2

57 minutes ago, MrBig said:

He’s going there because his crowds have been dogshit in real cities and they look bored as fuck. Going to a KKK hotbed ensures a rally with crazy enthusiasm similar to what we are seeing at the Kamala rallies. They’re trying to get momentum back on their side by showing an enthusiastic crowd, but unfortunately the only way Trump can do it is by visiting a racist town that’s full throated in excitement for him. 

his people 

they’ll love all his Kamala barbs