2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Because they’re not protesting on good faith? They want it to burn down. 

Last night I saw orderly, peaceful protests. So you can’t paint them with such a broad brush. They have a point. What Hamas did on Oct 7 was horrific and wrong. What Israel has done since has been worse.

Last night I saw a shot of scores of police in simple uniforms, many on bicycles. I didn’t see anyone in riot gear. It looked like they’re trying to maintain a strong presence without being provocative. As long as the protests remain peaceful, it won’t be a big deal. The question is whether there will be a small number of agitators who try to turn it into a spectacle. We’ll have to wait and see about that. If they weren’t protesting “in good faith” last night then I’m not sure what you mean by that. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m answering your question. Why don’t they protest at the rnc? Why is their aim always democrats? It’s not about their message, or they’d be agnostic. They hurt the party most sympathetic with them because they want America to burn. 

Why are they protesting the DNC and not the RNC?  That’s where the Jews are.  Sorry, true.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

52 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Why are they protesting the DNC and not the RNC?  That’s where the Jews are.  Sorry, true.  

Look I hate to opine on this but my understanding is they know the Republicans are not moveable on the Palestinian issue… the Republicans will not even pretend to care regardless of how many people set themselves on fire.  Protesting them accomplishes less than nothing.

With the Democrats, it’s a different story… the protesters see democratic leadership as malleable, vulnerable, and possibly responsive to outside pressure, you know how democracy is “supposed” to work. Getting them to at least pretend to care is an achievable first step in their eyes.

I also understand how people view the protesters as extremely shortsighted and counterproductive to stopping the fascist movement on the right in the 2024 election… but to many of them having a permissive/complicit stance on obvious ongoing genocide is a line they refuse to cross and they’re going to apply pressure to stop it at the most strategic places. 

Democracy is messy, a republic if you can keep it… yada yada 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

12 hours ago, Constant said:

During her most recent performance of the song ‘22’ she held up a 2 and 0 with her hands instead of the usual 2 and 2. 

Swiftie speculation would lead me to believe something may be happening on the 20th.

Watching how rapid Swifties learned football last fall really shows you their dedication to the craft.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Look I hate to opine on this but my understanding is they know the Republicans are not moveable on the Palestinian issue… the Republicans will not even pretend to care regardless of how many people set themselves on fire.  Protesting them accomplishes less than nothing.

With the Democrats, it’s a different story… the protesters see democratic leadership as malleable, vulnerable, and possibly responsive to outside pressure, you know how democracy is “supposed” to work. Getting them to at least pretend to care is an achievable first step in their eyes.

I also understand how people view the protesters as extremely shortsighted and counterproductive to stopping the fascist movement on the right in the 2024 election… but to many of them having a permissive/complicit stance on obvious ongoing genocide is a line they refuse to cross and they’re going to apply pressure to stop it at the most strategic places. 

Democracy is messy, a republic if you can keep it… yada yada 

Here's the rub: stealing headlines from the DNC is one of the least strategic, most counterproductive actions this group could take if the goal is truly to help the Palestinian people.

If the goal is to go viral on tiktok, well then this makes sense. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Rage+1 1

48 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Their argument of why they won’t protest at turnip rallies or the RNC gives them away. it’s clear who they are paid by.

They protested at the RNC.  It just didn't get the coverage.  This gets the coverage because it is a bigger deal for the Democrats. And nobody is getting paid.  Save that Soros shit for the morons.  

Al-Jazeera article

]

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

No. She's still in London tomorrow on the final night of her international leg of the Eras Tour. I don't think she'll do anything but she may have taped something for the campaign to use, similar to what she did for the Olympics. She has a long lay off until the rest of her US dates pick back up in October. So she has plenty of time to get something ready for Kamala. 

I think Trump really fucked himself by doing that stupid AI shit using her. If there's one thing Taylor Swift does not like, it's a man using her fame for their own personal gain like Kanye West did. So she will respond in her own time. She has to now. I just don't feel she's going to do anything while she's overseas. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m answering your question. Why don’t they protest at the rnc? Why is their aim always democrats? It’s not about their message, or they’d be agnostic. They hurt the party most sympathetic with them because they want America to burn. 

Bingo. I also lean in this sentiment that many of them have organized just enough to be… chaotic. But for goodness sake, toss some of that anarchy at the RNC too. Otherwise, it’s hard to say they have a serious purpose for positive change. 

Edited by YChang
  • Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, mdmost said:

No. She's still in London tomorrow on the final night of her international leg of the Eras Tour. I don't think she'll do anything but she may have taped something for the campaign to use, similar to what she did for the Olympics. She has a long lay off until the rest of her US dates pick back up in October. So she has plenty of time to get something ready for Kamala. 

I think Trump really fucked himself by doing that stupid AI shit using her. If there's one thing Taylor Swift does not like, it's a man using her fame for their own personal gain like Kanye West did. So she will respond in her own time. She has to now. I just don't feel she's going to do anything while she's overseas. 

I’m skeptical she’ll do anything period. Other than allowing that one really vulnerable moment go viral (was that even her call or just something as part of a documentary?) awhile back… she just doesn’t strike me as someone that leans into the political arena much. Then again, I don’t follow her on social so I could be totally off. The great thing is she doesn’t have to. She’s already indirectly persuaded most of her fans to. 

Edited by YChang

Trump just can't get past the fact that the hits just don't play any longer for the mass audience. You still have the diehards who want to see you say the same things over and over. But the mass audience has moved on to the newer artist that actually is creating interesting new music that they can vibe with. It's music that sounds like something they've heard before and really miss. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Common sense would suggest that they didn’t demonstrate at the RNC because a Republican isn’t president right now. A Democrat is and Joe Biden is the face of American policy wrt Israel. He’s trying to walk a fine line but the truth is that he’s sending a lot of bombs to Israel that they’re using to commit genocide at worst, ethnic cleansing at best.

Lets hope the demonstrations remain peaceful. If they do then there’s no reason to assume it will turn off any voters. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, YChang said:

I’m skeptical she’ll do anything period. Other than allowing that one really vulnerable moment go viral (was that even her call or just something as part of a documentary?) awhile back… she just doesn’t strike me as someone that has the courage to lean into the political arena in any meaningful way. Then again she doesn’t have to. She’s already indirectly persuaded most of her fans to. 

Nah, she'll say something. She doesn't want to be standing on the wrong side of history and him claiming her support is going to force a response. She's just going to wait until the time is right. She's already hated by the right. She's not losing any support is she picks a side. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Someone may have mentioned it earlier, but we're going to see a "false bump" occur in the moving average as some older polls that showed Trump with a lead drop out of the 28-day window. 

The real convention "bump" - if there is any - won't show up until a week or so after the convention. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

No. She's still in London tomorrow.

The article mentions some celebrities will be doing remote appearances. 6 pm Chicago would be midnight in London. (edit, also some things, apparently involving celebrities, will be pre-recorded)

All the trump ai stuff about Swift is probably so he can claim it's fake when Taylor actually endorses Harris. Some stupid as shit stuff they're up to.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

they polled a total of 651 people across 7 states? Seems like way too small of a sample size to tell us much. 

Per state it looks like