2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If she didn't get a spot, that would be the big story of the convention. It would be beyond awkward.

She should walk out, enjoy the applause, lean into the microphone and say "The Republicans are weird.  Hillary out!" And walk away.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I am so ready for the Luttigs, Mary Trumps, Scaramucis and Noel Caslers to go the fuck away.  

Does anyone really care what they think?  Did anyone ever really care?

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

how does that compare to 2020?

Es OK.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Does anyone outside of "libertarians" who watch Bill Maher give a shit about Cornell West?

No one loves Cornell West more than Cornell West. He's infatuated with the sound of his voice. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

how does that compare to 2020?

Was 62-32 in 2020.  He's made small gains, but their last polling had Biden up single digits with Hispanics.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Burt said:

No one loves Cornell West more than Cornell West. He's infatuated with the sound of his voice. 

I wonder if he talks like that all the time. Like if you ask him what he wants for lunch. "Well my brother! That is a very INTERESTING question! Because LUNCH my brother, is the primary reason YOU and I are here today.....!"

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1

New swing state polls by Redfield & Wilton, which have been consistently meh all cycle, so grain of salt

AZ: Trump +1 (Trump -1 from last poll)
FL: Trump +5 (Trump +1 from last poll)
GA: Tied (Harris +2 from last poll)
MI: Trump +1 (no change)
MN: Harris +7 (Harris +2 from last poll)
NV: Trump +1 (Trump -1 from last poll)
NC: Trump +3 (no change)
PA: Harris +2 (Harris +4 from last poll)
WI: Harris +4 (Harris +4 from last poll)

More polls for the pile

Edited by Js1

47 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

Not to pile on but I too don't get why Hillary is a featured speaker. Have any other failed candidates ever spoken? Adlai Stevenson?  Mondale?  Gore?

Al Gore spoke at the 2004 DNC. John McCain spoke at the 2012 RNC.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Anyone who says, oh Hillary is speaking at the dnc, that settles it I'm not voting for kamala, it's looking for an excuse not to vote for her to begin with. Let Hillary have one last moment. She'll say good things about Harris, and will trash Dotard. If anyone even remembers what she actually says, it'll be because she blew it out of the water. 

HIllary is in one of the dark slots on the card, before the networks show up. Let her talk, then get her out of the way.

https://www.npr.org/2024/08/19/g-s1-17601/dnc-speakers-list-lineup-monday-biden

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Al Gore spoke at the 2004 DNC. John McCain spoke at the 2012 RNC.

Hillary also spoke at the 2020 DNC

Dole spoke at the 2000 RNC and HW at the 1996 RNC

Edited by Js1

1 minute ago, GopherRock said:

HIllary is in one of the dark slots on the card, before the networks show up. Let her talk, then get her out of the way.

https://www.npr.org/2024/08/19/g-s1-17601/dnc-speakers-list-lineup-monday-biden

I'm sure Fox News will be there to record all of it, and then play back anything they think will rile up their fanbase. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Burt said:

It could be argued in some circles that Colonel Angus loves Colonel Angus more that Cornel West loves Cornel West

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Trumper hadn't heard about the MOH comments from Trump. His friend shows it to him. He's no longer a Trumper.

Man, the Mallrats guy looks old.

Wait, i am old.

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

To confirm: Alex Jones believes that immigrants should be able to enter a country without facing “bureaucratic nonsense” like language tests and history exams.

The only valid oppression is having to respect trans people. All other grounds for political asylum are bullshit

2 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Man, the Mallrats guy looks old.

Wait, i am old.

Aging Matt Damon GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Finishing in London tomorrow gives her plenty of time to be in Chicago, and rested, for Thursday night. Don't know if she will, but can you imagine her and Beyonce on stage together?

Swifties + BeyHive will be an unstoppable force.

• Hook 'Em 1

"I want to be clear: these types of attacks are exactly why I’m speaking out against the MAGA wing of my party and why I’m proudly voting for Kamala Harris.

@KamalaHQ
 @RpsAgainstTrump
 @AccountableGOP
 @RepsForHarris
 @Principles_1st

#RepublicansForHarris #CountryOverParty"

He's a Veteran and (perhaps former) GOP official who lives on the Main Line in Philly.

Edited by Chopper
  • Rage+1 6