2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

I know many people who should take Vlad up on this most generous offer. Don't know Alex but he should totally go be war fodder hero for Russia.
image.png.41e0db8bd313a17a6c01d50dfe982d1b.png

The offer comes with a free gun and a train ticket to Kursk.
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 5

“In Travis County, one person has challenged the registrations of 12,000 people. In Brazos, a group of activists has challenged more than 1,000. Collin, Hays, and Tarrant counties each have seen challenges to the eligibility of more than 10,000 voters.”

Texas election officials are dealing with a flood of challenges to voter registrations Conservative groups and individual activists have targeted tens of thousands of Texans over their eligibility. But state and federal protections are in place.

• Rage+1 6

6 minutes ago, Chopper said:

“In Travis County, one person has challenged the registrations of 12,000 people. In Brazos, a group of activists has challenged more than 1,000. Collin, Hays, and Tarrant counties each have seen challenges to the eligibility of more than 10,000 voters.”

Texas election officials are dealing with a flood of challenges to voter registrations Conservative groups and individual activists have targeted tens of thousands of Texans over their eligibility. But state and federal protections are in place.

More

At this point in the election cycle, voters aren’t at risk of being dropped from the rolls because of a challenge. Under federal law, election officials can’t cancel a voter’s registration in the period 90 days ahead of Election Day, except for voters who voluntarily cancel their registration or who are convicted of a felony.

Still, election officials are required to process the voter eligibility challenges they receive, and act on valid ones. Election administrators in Collin, Travis, Hays, Brazos, Tarrant, and Denton counties and others have been sifting through large volumes of these, which they began receiving in June, targeting thousands of voters.

The large-scale challenge effort is being led by Houston-based right-wing group True the Vote, which has been working for years to purge the rolls of voters it perceives as ineligible ahead of the November presidential election. It’s part of a wave of challenges aimed at voters in several states, including such battlegrounds as Arizona, Georgia and Pennsylvania.

The group is using an online tool called IV3 that matches voter data with change-of-address records from the U.S. Postal Service. Activists relying on that tool have been delivering stacks of challenges to election offices, or emailing election administrators with spreadsheets listing voters’ names. True the Vote founder Catherine Engelbrecht did not respond to Votebeat’s request for comment.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

Do these people have access to partisan lists so they are only challenging people that are opposite them?  Going by ethnic surnames?  Other?

11 minutes ago, Tuco said:

The offer comes with a free gun and a train ticket to Kursk.

I never thought I'd say this, but Alex Jones is right. All conservative Americans should move to Russia where they don't have to put up with gross woke communists.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Do these people have access to partisan lists so they are only challenging people that are opposite them?  Going by ethnic surnames?  Other?

It's like any other data on humans. The main objection is that the address on the voter registration and state-issued ID don't match. They are scraping the available data and overlay that onto the research done to get the lines for the last redistricting and walla there ya go.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

It's like any other data on humans. The main objection is that the address on the voter registration and state-issued ID don't match. They are scraping the available data and overlay that onto the research done to get the lines for the last redistricting and walla there ya go.

Yes, and the data they're using is out of date and they know it, too.

I'd be more than a little pissed if I stood in line to vote, showed all the fucking i.d. they demand, and then told my vote wouldn't be counted until after all my information had been verified.

• Hook 'Em 2

Yes, and the data they're using is out of date and they know it, too.
I'd be more than a little pissed if I stood in line to vote, showed all the fucking i.d. they demand, and then told my vote wouldn't be counted until after all my information had been verified.

and when the confusion results in longer lines in those counties, fewer people will vote in those counties.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Steve Kerr and AOC on the schedule tonight. Also Amanda Zurawski and her husband - she's one of the women who Abbott tortured and attempted to murder with his abortion law. 

Also performances by James Taylor in addition to Jason Isbell. (edit, Mickey Guyton too but I've never heard of her...country music)

full schedule https://pastebin.com/Zh99VKvF

Edited by Chopper
Zurawski
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Y'all... this might finally swing Brisket to Harris:

"I'm just so thrilled that we have competent, human beings who are for the whole country, and not just half the country," is a great line. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mdmost said:

That's a lot of fire for day 1. The bench is very strong. I hope Uncle Joe gets a nice long standing ovation. What a service he did for his country. 

I believe that Biden was only going to run because he felt he was the Democrats and Democracy's best hope.  Once he saw that there were better options, he stepped aside.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Steve Kerr and AOC on the schedule tonight. Also Amanda Zurwavski and her husband - she's one of the women who Abbott tortured and attempted to murder with his abortion law. 

Also performances by James Taylor in addition to Jason Isbell.

Pffft, no Caitlin Clark, no care. 

51 minutes ago, Chopper said:

In other words, conservative activists are engaged in a primitive form of DDOS attack against the voting system.

07iftxjfeGAg5o1og5hEaeH-1..v1723538578.j

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

Along this line, Georgia Republicans are making it very clear they will not certify a Harris victory should it happen. Harris is in a tough position. She has to contest the state for variety of reasons but it also can't be counted on at all. Any path to victory hinging on Georgia as the tipping point is implausible. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/georgia-election-board-approves-new-rules-critics-fear-112960772

• Rage+1 4

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

I think knocking Trump off finally -- and hopefully, incarcerating him shortly after -- will forever kill off the MAGA movement, at least as a viable political force in this country. They've got nobody with Trump's starpower to pick up the torch and run with it. His base will become disinterested again.

It's going to be weird - they are going to be angry, and while the Dems will be the ones who beat them, they'll probably go after any Republicans who talk of moving on from Trump. The Dems are the evil Dems. Republicans who want to move on from Trump are actual traitors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

I mean we’ve all known since forever that he’s a huge pussy, but JFC he’s such a pussy.

And borderline illiterate

25 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Y'all... this might finally swing Brisket to Harris:

Your goddamn right I still would

18 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Is that pussy wearing a mask? 

Somebody said that's a Palestinian scarf.

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

High Five Friends GIF by Amazon Freevee

Y'all should check him out. Phenomenal musician and he's a great Twitter follow.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

I just want to know if Chicago (Transit Authority) is playing.  

Without Peter Cetera.

The whole world is watching.

Hall & Oates won't be there - the restraining order won't let them within 500 feet of each other so it's doubtful they could be in the same building/arena.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

I'm going to guess that most/all of the 12,000 people they challenged are living east of I-35.

Or college students who change addresses once or twice between major elections.

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Steve Kerr and AOC on the schedule tonight. Also Amanda Zurawski and her husband - she's one of the women who Abbott tortured and attempted to murder with his abortion law. 

Also performances by James Taylor in addition to Jason Isbell. (edit, Mickey Guyton too but I've never heard of her...country music)

I'm pretty sure that Guyton got her first exposure opening for Isbell. 

2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I'm pretty sure that Guyton got her first exposure opening for Isbell. 

Oh yeah, I have heard of her. I read about her and a couple other Black women of country music a couple months ago. She makes some amazing music. Born in Arlington and grew up all over Texas, ftr. 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Kerr is great, but Popovich would be better.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

23 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Along this line, Georgia Republicans are making it very clear they will not certify a Harris victory should it happen. Harris is in a tough position. She has to contest the state for variety of reasons but it also can't be counted on at all. Any path to victory hinging on Georgia as the tipping point is implausible. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/georgia-election-board-approves-new-rules-critics-fear-112960772

This will end extremely poorly for them when Georgia isn't necessary for 270 and Harris Walz wins. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Kerr is great, but Popovich would be better.

Kerr is more personable and he can also remind everybody that his father was the victim of gun violence. Pop is way too crotchety these days.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1