2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

4 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

But the GQP today is not a conservative party.  It is a reactionary party.  And reactionism is not "conservativism."

Yep. This is the GQP today in a nutshell. That’s who they are and what they project. Can’t even go outside and walk across the street bc people with dark skin will rape or shoot you.

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

This is the GQP today in a nutshell. That’s who they are and what they project. Can’t even go outside and walk across the street bc people with dark skin will rape or shoot you.

Hatred and fear. Spreads like a disease when sowed on the uninformed. It’s the only play they have that works. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

This is the GQP today in a nutshell. That’s who they are and what they project. Can’t even go outside and walk across the street bc people with dark skin will rape or shoot you.

That’s a pretty fucking good Biden debate impersonation.  Now, do it again.

22 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Temple of the Dog Release Demo 'Black Cat' And New Mix of 'Hunger Strike' |  Grunge Graveyard

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Yep. This is the GQP today in a nutshell. That’s who they are and what they project. Can’t even go outside and walk across the street bc people with dark skin will rape or shoot you.

So obviously we need to vote for the party that supports gun control and whose candidate isn't a rapist.

We're on the stupidest timeline.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Can you dipshits take the Israel talk to, oh I don’t know, the fucking Israel thread?

There's a credible report that Trump is trying to do an end-around with another world leader to hurt his opponent in the election. That's not relevant to the election? I guess not if you're a crybaby bitch.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

There's a credible report that Trump is trying to do an end-around with another world leader to hurt his opponent in the election. That's not relevant to the election? I guess not if you're a crybaby bitch.

Yeah this isn't about Israel it's nuanced about current admin and potential admin fuckery that has outcomes in the election. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Probably Vance.  Couch, bread, what's the difference.

I can't believe Trump didn't mention that people can't afford the cost of a loaf of bread which is like what, $30 a loaf.  

Lucille Bluth Banana GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I don't think he's landing the point he thinks he's making.  You can just throw the UNO reverse on it, ergo If it's OK for the government to regulate price controls for consumer goods, then it's OK to regulate woman's health decisions over her own body.  This thought process and logic train needs to cook a bit more.

6 hours ago, Blotto said:

If that fat fuck starts stalking her around the stage, she should tell him she can smell his overflowing diaper from 6 feet away and to kindly keep his foul smelling ass on his half of the stage. And then refer to him only as poopy pants for the remainder of the debate.

Does she have to use the word “poopy”?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

These are exactly the values supported by Nixon and Ford.  And the Republican Party under Nixon and Ford was a "conservative" party.

You're right that Reagan (I'm not sure that I will concede Bush) started the change in direction from "conservative" to "reactionary."  But for the most part, it was reactionary in rhetoric only.  The Republicans of the 80s and 90s had the good political sense not to actually do anything to ban abortion, no matter how much they might talk of doing so.  And they had the good political sense to manage immigration and create paths to citizenship (though Pete Wilson thought racial scapegoating of Hispanics was the way to go, resulting in the destruction of the Republican Party in California).

As you go from Nixon to Trump, there is clearly a reactionary creep to the Republican Party.  But I'd argue that that is really only clear in retrospect.  It was just a Dole or McCain win away from remaining firmly tied to conservativism.

I mean, maybe.

Reagan's the asshole that opened the door for all the bible-thumping kooks to take over. 

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

I guess I've been sheltered, because I've never seen ANYONE get murdered, raped, or mugged.   I'm pretty sure I'd speak up if I saw it.  "Hey you...knock off that raping".

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

NEW: Schumer just hosted a group of reporters here in Chicago and made some news on a few different fronts. —He wants to revisit a filibuster carve-out, this time for abortion. Schumer said they could get it done this time bc Sinema/Manchin will be gone & they could have Gallego in AZ. (Obviously this depends on Dems having majority.) —On taxes, said he wants to bump highest-earners rate back up to 39% and said he’d “very strongly consider” no taxes on tips proposal. (Dems would have seat at table during the negotiations if they control at least one of the trifecta.) —Schumer said Thune/Cornyn have shown “too much independence” from Trump and that if Trump wins, he’d annoint a “hard-right” GOP leader.

11 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Not going to lie between her social media team and the actual ads Harris team is knocking it out of the park...like probably the best run campaign so far that I can remember from that standpoint.

Waiting for the morning in America moment

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

"Donald Trump is preventing a ceasefire in the same way that he prevented meaningful action on the border."

Let's hear some version of this every night the next three nights. 

"See, Trump IS the President. They just admitted it."

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

NEW: Schumer just hosted a group of reporters here in Chicago and made some news on a few different fronts. —He wants to revisit a filibuster carve-out, this time for abortion. Schumer said they could get it done this time bc Sinema/Manchin will be gone & they could have Gallego in AZ. (Obviously this depends on Dems having majority.) —On taxes, said he wants to bump highest-earners rate back up to 39% and said he’d “very strongly consider” no taxes on tips proposal. (Dems would have seat at table during the negotiations if they control at least one of the trifecta.) —Schumer said Thune/Cornyn have shown “too much independence” from Trump and that if Trump wins, he’d annoint a “hard-right” GOP leader.

They need to give me back my state and local deduction if they are raising that top rate back to 39%. Fuck Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, G650 said:

Heaven forbid I dissuade anyone from piling on JD Vance, but black shoes and navy suiting is the classic combination.

I have the sartorial taste of the average chimpanzee, but I thought the same when it was pointed out.  "Wait, what?)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1