2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

F-32s never made it past concept and that concept lost out to Lockhead's F-35 concept. Also, it's hideous. Evidence #34,548,193 that he knows shit all about shit all.

Ugly ass fat chin on that thing.  And on the F-32 as well.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

So Bartoromo tweeted some shit about "a friend" going to  the DMV in some Texas shithole, and seeing a crowd of Mexicans across the street being registered to vote.  The local GOP party chair hauled ass down there, and found nothing, and reported that the story was complete bullshit.  So, it checks out that Paxton would piss away some of y'all's money on this fool's errand that's already been shown to be a fabrication from a loon. 

Sorry for quoting myself, but it's pretty similar to Joe Rogan having a "friend" that's a schoolteacher in CA, and they keep a litterbox in the classroom for kids to shit in. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Speaking/performance schedule was released about 50 minutes ago.

https://pastebin.com/7C4zu1MP

edit - Oprah is a late add

performances - John Legend & Shiela E; Stevie Wonder; Amanda Gorman; Maren Morris

Good lord, is that website from 1993?

To be fair, the actual DNC site doesn't have it up yet.

https://demconvention.com/schedule/?event_day=3&event_type=main-programming

1 hour ago, royiv said:

Damn, gotta give credit where credit is due. A Republican, in Parker County no less, with a reasoned and well written dismissal of falsehoods regarding supposed fraud. Imagine if more Republicans would come forward and debunk these stupid rumors.

All the non cultists are exhausted by the bullshit

Also Parker County is one of the key places that vouchers are really going to hurt

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Friend's wife huh?

I'm calling bullshit.

No way that hag has any friends. 

And this ‘friend’ must be the only person in the entire country that doesn’t have a camera on them since there are no pictures.

• Hook 'Em 5

On 8/20/2024 at 3:10 PM, Ghost of LL said:

These are exactly the values supported by Nixon and Ford.  And the Republican Party under Nixon and Ford was a "conservative" party.

You're right that Reagan (I'm not sure that I will concede Bush) started the change in direction from "conservative" to "reactionary."  But for the most part, it was reactionary in rhetoric only.  The Republicans of the 80s and 90s had the good political sense not to actually do anything to ban abortion, no matter how much they might talk of doing so.  And they had the good political sense to manage immigration and create paths to citizenship (though Pete Wilson thought racial scapegoating of Hispanics was the way to go, resulting in the destruction of the Republican Party in California).

As you go from Nixon to Trump, there is clearly a reactionary creep to the Republican Party.  But I'd argue that that is really only clear in retrospect.  It was just a Dole or McCain win away from remaining firmly tied to conservativism.

I mean, maybe.

I mean, OK. I never felt compelled to defend George Allen, but whatever it was that made you think any of that was real, I’m glad you know it was mostly bullshit now. 

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Sounds like she won't be endorsing.

Fine, we roll with Beyoncé instead.  Oh poor us.

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Sounds like she won't be endorsing.

Fine, we roll with Beyoncé instead.  Oh poor us.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/20/2024 at 3:10 PM, Ghost of LL said:

As you go from Nixon to Trump, there is clearly a reactionary creep to the Republican Party.  But I'd argue that that is really only clear in retrospect.

It wasn't difficult to see at all.  GHWB wasn't that bad, but once Newt took over Congress it was blatantly obvious.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Yikes

Wait that doesn’t surprise me. Cruz is so fucking unlikeable and he usually runs behind the top of the ticket

2012 - Cruz 56-41, Romney 57-41

2018 - Cruz 51-48, Abbott 56-43

would not be surprised to see Cruz up 4-5 and Trump up 6-7

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Wow, damn!  Look what Camilla did.  I want my $28,000 back so I'm voting for TRUMP!

Somehow, I think the irony of Trump talking about price increases while sitting in his, er, I mean, Epstein's private jet will be lost on his voters.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Just one poll so far of ME-02, but UNH did a poll of Maine - 

Harris leads by 17 statewide (Biden won it by 9) and she's up 49-44 in ME-02, which Trump won by 7.44

Again, just one poll but the last time a Dem won Maine by double digits was 2012 (Obama +15) - it was Clinton +3 and Biden +9

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

This election should be a blowout but instead we are all held hostage by the EC.

image.thumb.png.1716de435ae27e4d9347cfdf1a587372.png

The Compact would also likely require Congress to pass a law.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 3