2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

6 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

This is real.

A) Why "oh my god"?  This is the kind of swill him and his ilk have been spewing for years.  It's not new.

B) "journey through the complexities of survival"?  Yeah, he doesn't know those words.

• Hook 'Em 5

Man, if only I was voting for the President of Israel in this election. 

And yeah, trying to sabotage a peace plan that could stop terrorists from killing more Israelis is really helping Israel. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 6

So, he's trying to win Jewish voters by attacking a popular Jewish governor, for not doing as much as his goy ass has for Israel.  And sounding completely insane while doing so.  Cool.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I would be shocked if thin majorities in WI/MI/PA/AZ passed it to be honest. They are the kingmakers right now. 

Ok, but can you how many commercials they see? How many texts?  People knocking on doors?  

Congress needs to pass a law that adjusts the number of representatives with every census. It would increase the size of the House and give the bigger states more representatives in the chamber, thus helping to ensure the Dems hold it. SCOTUS can't do a damn thing. There is nothing in the Constitution that limits the size of the House. The House already expanded every census until 1930. The original proposed first amendment actually adjusted the size of the House with every census. Nine states ratified it, IIRC, but 10 were needed to beat the 3/4 threshold. It would also increase the number of electoral votes from larger states and help ensure that the winner of the popular vote would win the electoral college.

Edited by VivaNaranja
  • Hook 'Em 5

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Hmm, wherever did you get this idea Kenneth?

Paxton would have quickly known this was bullshit, which means  this could be red meat for MAGA, but then it would be lost in the shuffle as they fixate on the DNC and Trump’s responses.

Or Paxton and the Rs are worried about November for some reason, and he’s laying the groundwork for fuckery later on.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Horn75 said:

Does Kamala have any policies out yet?

Lol. Man, always the same talking points with these guys. I see them on Twitter, FB, Youtube, and now even here. Does Kamala have any policies out yet? She is scared to do interviews. DEI hire. Kamala is not blek. She sucked her way to the top.

What's weird about the whole thing is that MAGA is comprised of a bunch of dude incapable of individual thought. They spend all day everyday passing along memes, never fact-checking anything, and regurgitating easily refutable talking points.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Fools' gold. 

She should not compete here but she’s not doing worse than Biden 2020. Cruz is so hated he’s underperforming Trump 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Colin Allred is gonna be shocked to learn he’s running for Senate when he sees this poll.

Colin Allred's campaign is based on the premise of The Producers.  

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

3 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Yep.

Cant beat something with nothing and Alred hasn’t campaigned…. At ALL!

I actually have had a sneaky suspicion that if Harris overperforms 2020 (i.e., wins the PV by 5+), Allred could end up sneaking by Cruz without doing anything at all. 

The negative opinions of Ted Cruz are so baked in from Cruz's presidential run in 2016, almost losing in 2018, fleeing for Cancun during the freeze, that a really milquetoast candidate who didn't manage to piss off too many Texans (*cough* Beto's gun comments in 2020) could just sneak by while doing nothing precisely because Cruz is so unlikeable that he will underperform the top of the ticket for a third straight cycle. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is weird to me, but I guess I’ll take it. 

That's because for most of the summer, RFK was the defacto protest vote against Biden for various reasons - age, mental decline, Gaza, etc. 

Harris has neutralized all of that, which is why RFK has fallen to <5% in most polls. 

From the poll:

A sub-sample of 878 respondents from June were resurveyed in August, allowing for a direct assessment of change and continuity in individual voting patterns among these panel members.

Kennedy only retained 31% of his June vote, with 44% of June Kennedy voters shifting their vote to Harris and 21% shifting their vote to Trump.

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

In the latest installment of irony is dead, this is on the Facebook page of a dotard supporter 

Screenshot_20240822_075720_Facebook.thumb.jpg.f6fb11cccec51083d2452e5cd9ce7d75.jpg

“The man enslaved by wealth can never be honest”

” the quote means that a person who is controlled by their desire for wealth will never be truly honest, as their actions and values are driven by greed rather than integrity.”

” the explanation means that the above quote is discussing somebody that is controlled by money, and the belief that money ends up being their driving force instead of honesty or other good values”

” this illustration is provided to explain that the quote is directed towards people whose motivations are primarily in material goods, as opposed to a moral center directed towards betterment.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Regarding Allred's campaign:  when I was a kid my father had a very good friend who was witty and charismatic and also an alcoholic.  His name was Mark.  Mark's dad had some land near Brownwood and my dad and Mark and I would go dove hunting on it.  Because of his drinking, Mark wasn't in real good physical shape and also he wasn't the world's best shot, but he wasn't a dangerous drunk. 

Anyway, my dad and I were out walking through the fields but Mark liked to hang around the stock tank because the doves would fly in, land, and he wouldn't have to try to shoot them on the wing.  He explained to us that his idea was that he "liked to hit 'em while they are in park."    I get the feeling that that's Allred's strategy. He knows that Cruz's support is baked in and that there's nothing he can do to change it. There's also likely nothing he could have done in the last few months to raise his own support. I mean, if Spanish-speaking Beto couldn't win while hitting every single county, football field, Dairy Queen etc ... in the state, how's Allred going to win?  So Allred's just going to hang around the rim, rope-a-dope a complacent Cruz, unleash a massive media blitz with about seven weeks left, and ride a Kamala/Walz tide in, hoping to hit Cruz while he's in park.  

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Regarding Allred's campaign:  when I was a kid my father had a very good friend who was witty and charismatic and also an alcoholic.  His name was Mark.  Mark's dad had some land near Brownwood and my dad and Mark and I would go dove hunting on it.  Because of his drinking, Mark wasn't in real good physical shape and also he wasn't the world's best shot, but he wasn't a dangerous drunk. 

Anyway, my dad and I were out walking through the fields but Mark liked to hang around the stock tank because the doves would fly in, land, and he wouldn't have to try to shoot them on the wing.  He explained to us that his idea was that he "liked to hit 'em while they are in park."    I get the feeling that that's Allred's strategy. He knows that Cruz's support is baked in and that there's nothing he can do to change it. There's also likely nothing he could have done in the last few months to raise his own support. I mean, if Spanish-speaking Beto couldn't win while hitting every single county, football field, Dairy Queen etc ... in the state, how's Allred going to win?  So Allred's just going to hang around the rim, rope-a-dope a complacent Cruz, unleash a massive media blitz with about seven weeks left, and ride a Kamala/Walz tide in, hoping to hit Cruz while he's in park.  

OK, all that would be fine if he were saving it for some late September/October push, but where on earth has he spent so much the money he's raised to this point?  Do you see $30mm worth of campaigning somewhere?
image.thumb.png.dbe1d9708be2f13d44d9a7dc2b227416.png

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

7 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

OK, all that would be fine if he were saving it for some late September/October push, but where on earth has he spent so much the money he's raised to this point?  Do you see $30mm worth of campaigning somewhere?

All spent on border-related ads pandering to the mythical "moderate Republicans" that will never even consider voting for his bland ass.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

All spent on border-related ads pandering to the mythical "moderate Republicans" that will never even consider voting for his bland ass.

And somehow, pretending to be a "Generic Dem" is kind of working? 

34 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I guess that one commercial about the border was really expensive.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Allred didn't take Pete Sessions seat because he was a dynamic and inspiring candidate. He hasn't changed. He is as plain as dry toast.  He got elected by being not Pete Sessions.

I've seen his ads. So, he's making a show on being tough on the border. I DON'T CARE. That takes away one of the few talking points that the Rs have or at least blunts it. He's not trying to get the men. He needs the vote from the suburban moms. So, don't be scary. Don't rock the boat. And be reassuring that you're responsible and want to 'tighten up the border'. It's all theater anyway. Beto fucked up royally by telling everyone that he was ready to take the AR-15s off the market and seize them.

Was he right in wanting to do this?

That's not the point. You don't get elected in Texas saying it. You can't do anything about it if you're not in office. The first goal is to fucking win and then do something about stuff what need to be changed.

Beto fucked around and broke a primary rule. Don't say unpopular shit in your state. 

Don't come at me about guns. I'm on record around here as both a gun owner, hunter, etc and as dirty fucking lib that wants to see drastic changes in our gun laws. But, I am not trying to be a Senator. 

If Allred wins it's because he's bland and inoffensive and he's not the unlikeable and creepy Ted Cruz. 

I'm fine with his campaign. He's not trying to get our vote. We've either been written off as middle aged white guys or he knows we are going to vote for him because we can't fucking stand Ted Cruz.

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

If Allred wins it's because he's bland and inoffensive and he's not the unlikeable and creepy Ted Cruz. 

It’s very similar to Kamala being defined as “generic Dem”

Voters love a generic (DEM/GOP). It’s when they start talking and saying shit that people start disliking them. 

• Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

He's running as a Republican, bashing the Biden/Harris border disaster. fuck him and fuck ted cruz.

Could having this guy on the ballot for Governor put Harris over the top in NC?

Trump won it 49.9 to 48.6 by 74,483 votes. Between Trump fatigue, potential increase in black voter turnout and this guy, it seems like it could create a perfect storm in NC.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

“The man enslaved by wealth can never be honest”

” the quote means that a person who is controlled by their desire for wealth will never be truly honest, as their actions and values are driven by greed rather than integrity.”

” the explanation means that the above quote is discussing somebody that is controlled by money, and the belief that money ends up being their driving force instead of honesty or other good values”

” this illustration is provided to explain that the quote is directed towards people whose motivations are primarily in material goods, as opposed to a moral center directed towards betterment.”

Hahaha, I was about to ask who needs this quote broken down and explained to them any further.

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The real answer is there's a consulting team re-enacting Jimbo's contract.

• Haha 1