2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

8 minutes ago, F250 said:

JD is gonna wedge that Trumpy Fish between the couch pillows.

Go look up the marketing company behind the Trumpy Trout, Top Dog Direct.  They have been behind some doozies.

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, C-Man said:

The second half of the text is interesting: 

When I point out what the Democratic Party and their super PACs have done to sabotage our campaign, their response is always, “but Trump is worse.” Here’s an idea: stop suing us. Let us debate. Quit rigging the media and the polls. It’s a simple formula, people—get with it.

1. Doesn't really refute Trump is worse.  What a hollow fucking endorsement, if there is one. 

2. Seems to be fishing for a negotiation rather than explaining a decision.  

That doesn't sound like someone who is actually planning to endorse Trump tomorrow.  They may, but it seems like they are trying to figure out other options. Or they are just terrible at this.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Tuco said:

The second half of the text is interesting: 

When I point out what the Democratic Party and their super PACs have done to sabotage our campaign, their response is always, “but Trump is worse.” Here’s an idea: stop suing us. Let us debate. Quit rigging the media and the polls. It’s a simple formula, people—get with it.

1. Doesn't really refute Trump is worse.  What a hollow fucking endorsement, if there is one. 

2. Seems to be fishing for a negotiation rather than explaining a decision.  

That doesn't sound like someone who is actually planning to endorse Trump tomorrow.  They may, but it seems like they are trying to figure out other options. Or they are just terrible at this.

I think that they went fishing for a spot in government, but the D's just said no thanks

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Did his Adderall scrip run out or something, wtf? That's some low energy horseshit right there. #sad

I want to know which person on his campaign decided Tucson was the place to go - it's 98 out there. 

He's melting

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I want to know which person on his campaign decided Tucson was the place to go - it's 98 out there. 

He's melting

If he’s out in that type of sun, he needs Trixie Mattel makeup, not that orange shit he has on.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

For what it's worth, this is Tom Homan at the RNC 2024.  He's not a terrible speaker, but it doesn't even seem like the majority of Republican delegates are into the message.  There are few of them that are really into it, but most of them are either bored or uncomfortable. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

18 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Man, the Dems were so right that the sequel is always worse.  

J5 blows the J6 Choir out of the water.  They should play J5's "Freedom" tonight just to troll.

J5?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He's melting

And he's not wearing a dumbass cap so you can see there isn't any wind blowing that ferret pelt on his head around either.

Everyone knows an August afternoon in Tucson is the place to be! You know it, I know, everybody knows it, amirite?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I like how they started with "It was Antifa" and "It was the FBI" but just eventually said "Eh fuck it no one cares. Let's just call them heroes." 

The best I can tell, the Trump voters who still aren't willing to call them heroes, have settled on "the FBI told the Capitol police to open the doors for them to make it seem worse." You know, because saying it was an Antifa false flag is a little too crazy.

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

Even better than I expected?

Nah

7 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Regarding Allred's campaign:  when I was a kid my father had a very good friend who was witty and charismatic and also an alcoholic.  His name was Mark.  Mark's dad had some land near Brownwood and my dad and Mark and I would go dove hunting on it.  Because of his drinking, Mark wasn't in real good physical shape and also he wasn't the world's best shot, but he wasn't a dangerous drunk. 

Anyway, my dad and I were out walking through the fields but Mark liked to hang around the stock tank because the doves would fly in, land, and he wouldn't have to try to shoot them on the wing.  He explained to us that his idea was that he "liked to hit 'em while they are in park."    I get the feeling that that's Allred's strategy. He knows that Cruz's support is baked in and that there's nothing he can do to change it. There's also likely nothing he could have done in the last few months to raise his own support. I mean, if Spanish-speaking Beto couldn't win while hitting every single county, football field, Dairy Queen etc ... in the state, how's Allred going to win?  So Allred's just going to hang around the rim, rope-a-dope a complacent Cruz, unleash a massive media blitz with about seven weeks left, and ride a Kamala/Walz tide in, hoping to hit Cruz while he's in park.  

I don’t think that’s what he’s doing but if it is, it won’t work.

At this point I assume Allred is just there to take in donations and funnel them to actual competitive races elsewhere.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

32 minutes ago, Tuco said:

For what it's worth, this is Tom Homan at the RNC 2024.  He's not a terrible speaker, but it doesn't even seem like the majority of Republican delegates are into the message.  There are few of them that are really into it, but most of them are either bored or uncomfortable. 

I'm not being argumentative just want to point out it doesn't matter what their sheeple want. We saw that in 2016. A lot of people voted for Trump thinking he meant what he was saying when he tried to portray that he'd have a moderate administration. If he gets back in office the extreme right wing will be rolling out every item on their wish list and Diaper Don will be happily claiming credit for it. Their base is a bunch of idiots who will support anything Diaper Don does. 

Edited by Chopper

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

this is a divorced, 38 year old billionaire who bought a pig in a poke and knows it.

By the way, Mary Peltola got more than 50% of the vote in Alaska's jungle primary this week.  And that's kind of interesting, because she was the only Democrat of any significance in the race.  That is to say that one would expect the Republicans to be more motivated to vote to get their preferred Republican in the top 4, as Peltola was almost guaranteed to make the general election.

All that is to say that anybody writing off Alaska is wrong.

• Hook 'Em 7

26 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Nah

I don’t think that’s what he’s doing but if it is, it won’t work.

At this point I assume Allred is just there to take in donations and funnel them to actual competitive races elsewhere.

I took a look at his filings and believe it or not, he appears to be spending it.

9 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

By the way, Mary Peltola got more than 50% of the vote in Alaska's jungle primary this week.  And that's kind of interesting, because she was the only Democrat of any significance in the race.  That is to say that one would expect the Republicans to be more motivated to vote to get their preferred Republican in the top 4, as Peltola was almost guaranteed to make the general election.

Alaska is fairly cool when comes to voting.  The world did everything it could to put some other R in there.  Voters just kept saying ‘get fucked. It’s Murkowski.’

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

“Whatever makes sense” is just a fucking insane way to order donuts

No kidding.  Especially when the person it’s directed to has to factor in the fact that fucking couches “makes sense” to the guy placing his order.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

If Peltola wins, I'll eat my shit stick. 

32 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

“Whatever makes sense” is just a fucking insane way to order donuts

This. How does a normal male American human being not a go-to donut? 2 Old fashioned and 1 long John 

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

What?  She's the incumbent.  You don't think she's going to keep her seat?

This. She won 55-44 in a redder environment 2 years ago 

• Hook 'Em 1