2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

9 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Cops being POS, example #3890424.  And apologies to Constant but fuck, vast majority are total POS or look the other way while their buddies are total POS.  

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Ain’t nothing gonna happen. 

For real, he commits crimes on a daily basis and no one does fuck all about it. 

Why even bother trying with that one? Like, sure, that's the one that's finally going to bring him down. Michigan campaign law.

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Why even bother trying with that one? Like, sure, that's the one that's finally going to bring him down. Michigan campaign law.

I assume it's the people in charge of the resources (the Sheriff) who would be jeopardy.  I assume the Dems just want to let other Sheriff's know the law and that they may have to spend money on lawyers if they give Trump more free venues.  

Also, fuck the police, particularly in this instance. 

• Hook 'Em 9

18 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Ain’t nothing gonna happen. 

For real, he commits crimes on a daily basis and no one does fuck all about it. 

Not the point. Any violation of law would have been the Sheriff's, not Trump's.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Cops being POS, example #3890424.  And apologies to Constant but fuck, vast majority are total POS or look the other way while their buddies are total POS.  

The line of thought used to be 10 percent were bad and making the rest of the cops look bad. At some point in the past 20ish years those numbers seem to have dramatically converged. 

34 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

It’s bizarre to see H. W. directly answer the question posed to him there. Even “reluctantly”. I seriously can’t remember the last time I saw a candidate actually engage with a question and not just pivot to the talking point they felt more comfortable addressing. 

• Hook 'Em 7

9 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

It’s bizarre to see H. W. directly answer the question posed to him there. Even “reluctantly”. I seriously can’t remember the last time I saw a candidate actually engage with a question and not just pivot to the talking point they felt more comfortable addressing. 

Obama did on the reg

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Maybe he did and I don’t remember. There was just a directness to Bush’s answer there that struck me. 

Something that never happened when asked what he knew about the Iran-Contra scheme. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

If Peltola wins, I'll eat my shit stick. 

You have a shit stick as well?  Is yours made out of bamboo?  Bamboo rocks, it’s lightweight and easy to brown/obtain.

Or are you one of those folks who prefers a fancier wood, like rosewood or ebony from India (both of which are a pain in the ass to get into the country).

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

5 hours ago, Tuco said:

That doesn't sound like someone who is actually planning to endorse Trump tomorrow.  They may, but it seems like they are trying to figure out other options. Or they are just terrible at this.

5 hours ago, locodos said:

I think that they went fishing for a spot in government, but the D's just said no thanks

This you Nicole Shanahan?

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

This is not the year to have a parade of issues and long downtime in between speakers. It’s too many things, and too much space for dumbass cable news commentary. They need vibes, with each speaker and celebrity a bigger deal than the last, and people chanting USA while waving the flag until Harris takes the stage. 

I think it’s smart to hit on policy during the closing night with likely the most eyes. It’s been a legit party for 3 days. Check back with the vibes after Kamala and Beyoncé wrap up tonight.

1 minute ago, TexEx15 said:

I think it’s smart to hit on policy during the closing night with likely the most eyes. It’s been a legit party for 3 days. Check back with the vibes after Kamala and Beyoncé wrap up tonight.

Yes we do the party first and then the lectures. That makes sense. 

THIS IS NOT A POLICY ELECTION

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1