2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

My concern in PA with the switch from Biden to Kamala is that the latent racism and misogyny in a portion of the old white dems lowers turnout. 
There’s a house I drive by when I go get tacos for lunch that has had a Biden Harris sign for like 6-8 months. Since the house next door has blossomed into full maga regalia. Last time I drove by the Biden sign is gone with nothing replacing it. 
Obviously just a single observation that likely means absolutely nothing. But my fear is that PA doesn’t come through for Harris the way it did for Biden. 
It was clear that enthusiasm for both old men was way down across the board. 
I’m hopeful that there a lot of people that haven’t yet formed an opinion of Kamala.  Hopefully they were watching last night.
That first debate could absolutely sway the battleground states significantly. The Trump campaign knows that which is why they were trying hard to get a Fox News debate out in front. I fully expect him to host a town hall on Fox and then say “well since she didn’t come to the one on Fox, I’m not going to the abc one.”
Im not sure how real any of my concerns with PA should be, vs just irrational fear. 

Pennsylvania is the biggest concern (tightest percentages) for the rust belt swing states.
But, it may just take a while to get Kamala signs, particularly if the old man is not great at the inter webs. He might not get one until someone knocks on his door.
I am hopeful the very active UAW support helps in PA.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Constant said:

He’s getting dangerously close to ‘black face’ territory. 

He's got rosacea, a skin condition that cause his redness and gets worse in the sun.

I don't care about him at all, but it would be a really sly debate technique to show sympathy for him about this problem.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, lemonlime said:

How do we get as many as possible of the non-cult member 60-70% of the country to show up, and convince the cult members to stay home?

I still like my idea of flooding MAGA channels with panic posts about a super duper scary caravan arriving at the border on Nov 5th.  A call to arms for all true patriots to defend the border on that day is needed.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Holy shit give this photo/photographer ALLL the awards.

IMG_6070.jpeg

What makes this shot even more incredible is that she was fidgeting around with her sister like crazy during great auntie's speech. Extra props to Kamala for not getting distracted.

11 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

I don't understand this, like at all. His base is very much in favor of a nationwide abortion ban, it's been programed into them since at least the early 80s. The Harris campaign should screenshot that and make it a commercial on Fox News. Make their viewers lose their mind that their conservative god is a baby killer.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I still like my idea of flooding MAGA channels with panic posts about a super duper scary caravan arriving at the border on Nov 5th.  A call to arms for all true patriots to defend the border on that day is needed.

I'd prefer the story that the polling stations have had Corona Virus Vaccine particles injected into the HVAC ducts to pacify and neuter any patriots who mistakenly enter.   They'll enter men and exit soy boys!  Might be traces on the mail in ballots too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, locodos said:

I'd prefer the story that the polling stations have had Corona Virus Vaccine particles injected into the HVAC ducts to pacify and neuter any patriots who mistakenly enter.   They'll enter men and exit soy boys!  Might be traces on the mail in ballots too!

The police are outside the polling places and will be rounding up any remaining suspects from the Jan 6 riots when they show voter ID

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

27 minutes ago, heso said:

Last time I drove by the Biden sign is gone with nothing replacing it. 

I don't think the Harris signs are available yet.  Someone on here posted they ordered one and it wasn't expected to ship until September.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I don't think the Harris signs are available yet.  Someone on here posted they ordered one and it wasn't expected to ship until September.

Yep. It said ships September 3 I think?

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I've previously written about a Jewish relative who had always been a reliable Democratic Party voter, but had declared that she would not be voting for any Democrats this cycle due to her perception that they were not supportive of enough of Israel.  She reiterated this to me again after some of the protests outside the DNC gained publicity earlier in the week.

She texted me this morning that Kamala's speech earned her vote.

I had pretty much the exact same thing happen with one of my aunts (Jewish as well). Her position is very silly but I didn't want to bust her up over it. Given what I know about her, her threats to not vote D for president were likely hollow, but I laid out pretty clearly for her how much worse Trump is for both Israelis and Palestinians in both the short and long runs anyway.

Like I said, she was likely voting blue either way, but I told her to stop listening to John Fetterman (she is Pennsylvanian) and instead read between the lines of what Kamala has been saying.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

If you have extra to donate and would like an efficient way to spend it on swing state and "tossup" races to help re-take the House and other key offices, check out this site set up by the guy behind @ lolgop. The links and funds go directly to Act Blue so you can be certain it's both legit and effective.

https://www.erlywrm.com/get-down

These are what your choices look like: 

image.thumb.png.1b15041cfbed7591062779019574cac2.png

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Say what you will about 538 but this was an interesting graphic: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2024-election-forecast/#path-to-270

Screenshot2024-08-23at11_38_57AM.thumb.png.dc2571e66e4d5bba2a055c39ec876cf2.png

I think it's interesting how two massive states are closer to the center on the republican side than the massive democratic states are to their sides center. They're so fucking fucked.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, chainsaw said:

public school corches become public school corches most of the time because they couldn't hack it as cops (which is already a low bar). think about that.

Is this a quote from Trump or is this your own dumbfuckery? Because it's stupid as fuck either way.  

Edited by LTbear
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Pancho said:

How crazy would it be that two things turnip and radical republicans did during this convention would end up costing them bigly—

- making fun of Gus

- saying assistant coaches aren’t real coaches

Jesus.

LFG!

well, "weird" is what finally got their attention so yeah, this checks out

Just now, LTbear said:

What new dumbfuckery are you on about? This so fucking stupid it's hard to even put together what ass you pulled it from. 

definitely not your avatar's ass

4 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Sticking point in whether Kennedy will endorse Diaper Don: He needs to apologize for the one reasonable thing he did in his 4 year term, probably by accident.

image.png.b9f963c7ac88caff091440e174368a3a.png

Trump apologizing or admitting fault isn't gonna happen, so...

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Sticking point in whether Kennedy will endorse Diaper Don: He needs to apologize for the one reasonable thing he did in his 4 year term, probably by accident.

image.png.b9f963c7ac88caff091440e174368a3a.png

A lot of words to say, “pay us more”. 

• Hook 'Em 6

58 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I don't understand this, like at all. His base is very much in favor of a nationwide abortion ban, it's been programed into them since at least the early 80s. The Harris campaign should screenshot that and make it a commercial on Fox News. Make their viewers lose their mind that their conservative god is a baby killer.

He is a dumb malignant narcissist who has had enough money through life to insulate himself from his true identity.  Which is — at best — the failed fortunate son of a multi-millionaire and hated by a majority of Americans and a vast majority of the people he wished viewed him as a peer.  More and more people are seeing him for what he truly is and are flocking to oppose him, more and more people are speaking out against him, the crowds that used to fuel him are diminishing, all of which further erodes his self-image and leads to him to have to confront the truth of his existence.

I believe we are witnessing the disintegration of his identity and psyche.

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Yeah, I don't remember being very much impressed with her in the 2020 primaries, but she's killing it right now.

I keep hearing people say this. I honestly don’t recall seeing enough of her to make an assessment. The debates had so many people onstage none of them had a chance to stand out IMO. I think every debate she was in had like 10 participants 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Saw one in my neighborhood yesterday.