2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

5 minutes ago, safe sex said:

A Harris/Walz campaign office opened up on North Loop, a block or two from the Home Slice. You might be able to get signs there

excellent. why not swing for the fences. make this one look like the Mondale/Reagan map. Texas has gotta flip eventually - why not now?

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

excellent. why not swing for the fences. make this one look like the Mondale/Reagan map. Texas has gotta flip eventually - why not now?

I still think at least a token shot at Ohio is warranted.  But I'll defer to the campaign wonks, they've been doing a pretty good job so far.

Just now, Gatorubet said:

make them spend money in any event.

exactly. they don't have the war chest that H/W have. they can afford to sprinkle some money in Texas. it's good investment and should it pay off now, awesome. but I'm sure the plan is to put Texas in play in the next few elections

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

exactly. they don't have the war chest that H/W have. they can afford to sprinkle some money in Texas. it's good investment and should it pay off now, awesome. but I'm sure the plan is to put Texas in play in the next few elections

Fuck it, just go motivate Texans who don't vote, win the state and then make the GOP blow part of their legal wad challenging the results there.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

they should open fake, empty field offices in TX, OH, FL, etc. 

Kinda like this, but for politics

main-qimg-ff0a86cf43d108e2974ca8150f8adb61-lq

How about fake GOP offices with “whites only” signs in the window.

Nobody will know they’re fake

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I keep hearing people say this. I honestly don’t recall seeing enough of her to make an assessment. The debates had so many people onstage none of them had a chance to stand out IMO. I think every debate she was in had like 10 participants 

Plus in the wake of the killing of Michael Brown and the protests in Ferguson, it wasn’t a very good environment for a “cop” to be running. Now she’s got a convicted felon to run against. I was a big fan of her performance in the senate questioning Barr and Kavanaugh but she just couldn’t find her footing in a crowded primary field. It’s crazy how circumstances played out for her but everything has fallen into place at the right time.

• Hook 'Em 7

If you’re waiting for Trump to admit failure or that he was at fault for anything, you’re going to be waiting a long, long time. That’s not happening, for one. But beside that, RFK Jr. needs Trump more than Trump needs him. Kennedy will blink.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

I keep hearing people say this. I honestly don’t recall seeing enough of her to make an assessment. The debates had so many people onstage none of them had a chance to stand out IMO. I think every debate she was in had like 10 participants 

I backed Warren in 2020 because she's progressive and a policy wonk. I preferred her over Bernie because I trusted her to be a little more practical and to be more creative in getting more progressive policies accomplished. I'm 110% behind Harris this cycle, I think she'll get shit done. Probably still not as progressive as I am, but that's fine, goal no. 1 is to send trump packing to Russia or Columbia. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yeah, where is that guy?  I need my Ledge fix.

Exploring the ledges of the Scottish coast. 

however… it only gets worse. There’s no bottom. Kill them all. This can only end one way- a little bit of the ultraviolence. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I don't think the Harris signs are available yet.  Someone on here posted they ordered one and it wasn't expected to ship until September.

I've seen two in my neighborhood so far.  Not sure if they're official or not.

25 minutes ago, Walser said:

They wanted over $18 in shipping. Tops should be $3.50.

Time to get some posterboard and crayons which I promise not to eat this time.

Dont make promises that you can't, much less have no intention, of keeping. 

• Haha 6

20 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If you’re waiting for Trump to admit failure or that he was at fault for anything, you’re going to be waiting a long, long time. That’s not happening, for one. But beside that, RFK Jr. needs Trump more than Trump needs him. Kennedy will blink.

Absolutely. I'd expect him to endorse Trump at any moment. There will be no apology

• Hook 'Em 1

speaking of Texas...everybody has an anecdote, here's mine...

i have spent time with three visiting Texas voters within the last three weeks, all boomers (including my dad), all staunch Republicans/'conservatives', all undoubtedly voted Trump in 2016, likely in 2020...

I don't think any of them will vote for Harris (well...maybe the wife will, i got a slight sense of bucking her husband's opinion this time)...but all three expressly said they ain't voting Trump this time. 

20200628_135129.png

• Hook 'Em 8

7 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i have spent time with three visiting Texas voters within the last three weeks, all boomers (including my dad), all staunch Republicans/'conservatives', all undoubtedly voted Trump in 2016, likely in 2020...

I don't think any of them will vote for Harris (well...maybe the wife will, i got a slight sense of bucking her husband's opinion this time)...but all three expressly said they ain't voting Trump this time. 

20200628_135129.png

MAGA enthusiasm is low. You can feel it.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, mchookem said:

20200628_135129.png

They’ll come home in November, they always do 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Typical narcissist over emphasizing his importance. RFK Jr was a stalking horse from the beginning and dropped out when his sugardaddy decided RFK was a liability.

I don't think Kamala is looking to sway people who want a candidate who knows how to prepare bear roadkill.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I  had RFK Jr as my longshot Trump VP candidate many months ago, but its nice to see they will still be  campaigning together. The fucking circus geek carnival that will result from those two loons  campaigning together will only help  Kamala. I give zero fucks about RFK Jr as long as he stays the fuck away from the Harris/Walz campaign, as he would probably try to run them over with his car.

• Hook 'Em 1