2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This got some confusion - the clarification was 84% turnout, which matches 2020, not 84% of 2020. It could have been read two ways 

What does the tweet mean to begin with?

Are mail-in ballots already going out/being sent back?  If not, isn’t this just a prediction, worth no more than a poll?  Akin to saying “well Travis County grew from 1.30M to 1.35M from 2020-2024, and it went 72-27 D in 2020, so good news for Ds!”

I feel like I’m missing something obvious.

Just now, Welch said:

Are mail-in ballots already going out/being sent back?  If not, isn’t this just a prediction, worth no more than a poll?  Akin to saying “well Travis County grew from 1.30M to 1.35M from 2020-2024, and it went 72-27 D in 2020, so good news for Ds!”

It’s based on requests. If requested, it’s going to be mailed out. It obviously has to be returned 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Welch said:

I think they're trying to say that a strong Biden county (319k votes in 2020) in a crucial state appears poised to be a strong Harris county in 2024.

• Hook 'Em 6

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Ummmm okay

Just say you want Trump for the ratings or to write a book. It’s exhausting

It’s a fair question. It’s extraordinary that the GQP has allowed the sitting vice president to frame herself as the candidate of change.  It’s extraordinary that the sitting vice president would even try to frame herself that way.

And yeah—Booker handled it really well. So what’s the problem?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It’s based on requests. If requested, it’s going to be mailed out. It obviously has to be returned 

Thanks.  I didn’t realize that requests were already underway, but that makes sense.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

She’s not being framed as a change candidate but someone who can move us past the maga era. That’s was said expressly in the clips he showed! I swear I just can’t take this dishonest shit anymore from all sides. She’s not saying change from Obama or Biden’s policies you stupid fuck!

This. In addition, a big part of the change is moving past having octogenarian white dudes be our leader.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

get out the young vote …

Gen Who? Z? Politics? Shhheeeeeit....

They don't care like that. Not yet. If they did, this would already be over by a mile. Wouldn't even be a discussion.

Just like in the 90s when everyone thought Gen X was going to tip Texas forever (I mean, we did get Ann Richards) and just like Millennials were gonna deliver forever after Obama... 

Newsflash, only Olds really give a shit about politics and making everlasting change. Young people are busy being young and living (or trying to live) a great life of fun. It's not until they've put in about 20 years on the hamster wheel that they start to really pay attention. 

I have no stats too back up what I'm saying, but I see Gen Z on a regular basis. They don't even want to register to vote.

But convince them for this one.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

" A third of contributions during convention week came from first-time contributors. About one-fifth of those first-time contributors were young voters and two-thirds were women, groups that the campaign sees as critical constituencies that Harris needs to turn out to win in November."

"The Harris campaign says it has also seen a surge in volunteer support for the vice president. During convention week, supporters signed up for nearly 200,000 volunteer shifts to help the campaign."

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 6

44 minutes ago, Slacks said:

Gen Who? Z? Politics? Shhheeeeeit....

They don't care like that. Not yet. If they did, this would already be over by a mile. Wouldn't even be a discussion.

Just like in the 90s when everyone thought Gen X was going to tip Texas forever (I mean, we did get Ann Richards) and just like Millennials were gonna deliver forever after Obama... 

Newsflash, only Olds really give a shit about politics and making everlasting change. Young people are busy being young and living (or trying to live) a great life of fun. It's not until they've put in about 20 years on the hamster wheel that they start to really pay attention. 

I have no stats too back up what I'm saying, but I see Gen Z on a regular basis. They don't even want to register to vote.

But convince them for this one.

I would say Gen X's political leanings break my heart, but whatever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Is it just me or have the radical republicans all started saying that the “real ticket” is turnip and rfk? 

No mention of JV at all..

In true silicon valley fashion JD Vance has been asked to rest and vest

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Is it just me or have the radical republicans all started saying that the “real ticket” is turnip and rfk? 

No mention of JV at all..

Oh fuck yeah. RFKJr makes JD Vance seem like Walz. Do that you f'n  morons.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I thought it was too many words.

I think he was expecting to be interrupted and wasn't. Can't really do much about that besides do the talking points. The first part, calling out the bullshit, was great.

• Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, The Dog said:

LOL

Jesus.  That means each volunteer would need to knock on 24 doors to canvass every person in the state.  They are going to need to figure out creative ways to use that many volunteers. I hope they don't just throw them at phone banks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

In a piece of ancedata, ever since Walz was announced attendance at my ELCA church has been up 15-20%. (I’ve been the counting usher) Also a lot of Tim Walz looking dudes in Lincoln. (Also we are getting closer to have 2 Nebraska EV’s in play every cycle as Lincoln gets bluer and increases the gravity in the district, also the Big Red Donor is spending more on buy the big red players now rather than politicians, thanks NIL)  

• Hook 'Em 5

21 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Drove Austin to college station just now.  3 trump displays plus one of those redneck flag bonanzas right next to some R HQ. One of the trump displays was very aged and from the 2020 election at least.   Seemed about ordinary levels of trumptarddom

You're going the wrong way.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Saw some clips of Lindsey Graham this morning.  It's remarkable what almost 10 years of selling your soul to Trump will do to a man.

Lindsey Graham | Biography, Education, Subpoena, & Facts | BritannicaSen. Lindsey Graham says "we did lose momentum" in Ukraine training amid  aid delay

God damn, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bigger lack of self respect.  I wonder if he realizes that project 2025 will make it illegal to be gay?

Edited by Horn Dogg
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

46 minutes ago, The Dog said:

MAGA uses Telegram.

Wonder what we’ll learn?

Back during the Great Canadian Trucker Strike I had a friend up there ask me to switch to Telegram so he could really tell me about it.

I passed.

Probably barely missed getting wrapped up in human trafficking, y'know, like one is prone to do.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 2

32 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Back during the Great Canadian Trucker Strike I had a friend up there ask me to switch to Telegram so he could really tell me about it.

I passed.

Probably barely missed getting wrapped up in human trafficking, y'know, like one is prone to do.

It would be a shame if Western intelligence were to take control of a few key accounts, have those accounts tell everybody to meet at the bridge at midnight to discuss "plans" for election day, and wait to see who shows up. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1