2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, Horn Dogg said:

God damn, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bigger display of self respect.  I wonder if he realizes that project 2025 will make it illegal to be gay?

He's not gay. The guys who keep sticking their cocks in his mouth are the ones who are gay!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Slacks said:

Gen Who? Z? Politics? Shhheeeeeit....

They don't care like that. Not yet. If they did, this would already be over by a mile. Wouldn't even be a discussion.

Just like in the 90s when everyone thought Gen X was going to tip Texas forever (I mean, we did get Ann Richards) and just like Millennials were gonna deliver forever after Obama... 

Newsflash, only Olds really give a shit about politics and making everlasting change. Young people are busy being young and living (or trying to live) a great life of fun. It's not until they've put in about 20 years on the hamster wheel that they start to really pay attention. 

I have no stats too back up what I'm saying, but I see Gen Z on a regular basis. They don't even want to register to vote.

But convince them for this one.

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

I would say Gen X's political leanings break my heart, but whatever.

A little different take on all that. Progressives have been winning. Slowly but surely this country has pushed forward and Conservatives have had to adapt to stay relevant. We've become more inclusive. What was once acceptable to say about people of color is no longer tolerant. We have a woman with a good shot at being POTUS. Conservatives have had to get even more creative with their dog-whistling. The one area is the boomers fucked us financially. By the time we were conscious of politics they(beginning with Reagan) had screwed us for decades and we are still trying to pick ourselves up off the mat. Make no mistake though, Late GenXers, Millennials, and Early GenZers aren't messing around.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Way to fire up that evangelical base :)

11 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

he can not lose one evangelical vote 

What makes you think this will cost him any evangelical votes?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tuco said:

Jesus.  That means each volunteer would need to knock on 24 doors to canvass every person in the state.  They are going to need to figure out creative ways to use that many volunteers. I hope they don't just throw them at phone banks. 

That's easy. Each volunteer offers to vote by proxy for 24 others. 

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I’ll bet you a dollar that this guy shows up on Election Day and votes Trump without hesitation. 

Just now, chainsaw said:

I think most evangelicals who vote will still vote Trump, but I do think it will depress enthusiasm which will depress turnout in the demographics he needs to show up big.

Maybe. Hopefully. I just think that group has been so brainwashed that Democrats = evil that they’ll rationalize pretty much anything. 

1 hour ago, tokamak said:
1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

I’ll bet you a dollar that this guy shows up on Election Day and votes Trump without hesitation

I’ll bet you a dollar that guy is neither an evangelical, nor in Pennsylvania.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

That abortion stance is bc Trump is actually an absolute Jeffersonian you libtards, something yall just wouldn’t understand! He respects the checks and balances of the federal govt and executive branch!

just ignore his first term bc this time is different 

• Haha 1

It’s early and doesn’t indicate anything really but I’m seeing more and more people post trucks on social media with those flags in sticking out of the back and they are Harris or Harris/Walz flags. 

This is getting interesting

• Hook 'Em 4

18 minutes ago, bluto said:

That abortion stance is bc Trump is actually an absolute Jeffersonian you libtards, something yall just wouldn’t understand! He respects the checks and balances of the federal govt and executive branch!

just ignore his first term bc this time is different 

Has he answered on how he will vote on the Florida ballot issue?  He can't pretend philosophy on federalism.  He needs to say whether the right to abortion should be added to the Florida constitution.  

3 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Has he answered on how he will vote on the Florida ballot issue?  He can't pretend philosophy on federalism.  He needs to say whether the right to abortion should be added to the Florida constitution.  

He’ll tell you in two weeks. It’s going to be tremendous. You’re going to love it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Much like his religion and favorite Bible verse, what he will vote for is very private. He doesn't think he should tell anyone.

• Hook 'Em 1

I will be shocked if Trump doesn't come out in favor of a federal abortion ban by November.  He's 100% transactional and has neither the memory of past statements nor the concern of contradicting previous platform statements.

• Hook 'Em 3

Thank god for this. It has pissed me off to no end that for years the republicans tried to claim "patriotism" and pride in the flag for themselves. 

I have an American flag on the hat I’m wearing right now. And I voted for Biden.

Maybe I’m trying to suggest something about the duality of man.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, bluto said:

Why would he do that? The evangies who cry out about killing babies are fully in the bag, despite that that twitter nonsense says. And it won’t help with any vote gain

Because he's a fucking idiot.

• Hook 'Em 1