2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

13 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He wants to brag about taking down Roe v Wade, but also wants to be known for his super duper concern about reproductive rights. It's, of course, beyond ridiculous. 

I’m pretty sure he thinks reproductive rights refers to IVF.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He wants to brag about taking down Roe v Wade, but also wants to be known for his super duper concern about reproductive rights. It's, of course, beyond ridiculous. 

for those that fall into his camp but having opposing views on reproductive rights, he wants to give each side just enough to believe him.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

So I think this is actually a Travis County dems HQ and not being run by Kamala's campaign.

https://www.traviscountydemocrats.org/

2_Secondary TCDP Logo_White.png

© 2022 Travis County Democratic Party

PO Box 684263
Austin, Texas 78768-4263

601 East 53rd Street, Austin, TX, 78751

Regardless, it's more of a visible presence they've had in any time I can remember

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Regardless, it's more of a visible presence they've had in any time I can remember

I remember Obama had a lot in the 2008 primary-caucus, not sure how many during the 2008 general.

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

for those that fall into his camp but having opposing views on reproductive rights, he wants to give each side just enough to believe him.

He just says whatever pops into his pea brain the moment he says it.   He doesn't care about if it's accurate or completely inconsistent with what he said 5 minutes ago, or what he'll say 5 minutes from now.  It's all just nonsense.  And his cult will keep voting for him, no matter what he or they say.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, Left Coast said:

Spotted on the freeway today.  Trump’s disdain of the military seems to have been noticed by many members of that group.

IMG_7955.thumb.jpeg.1a32ea2bc71f5984465f61727fdffdff.jpeg

Cadillac. They were voting D. I know things.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Slacks said:

So help me understand this polls thing...

Most of the polls are national, right? The national outcome is already known. Why do we even care about the national polls?

It’s generally seen by the data people that a Harris +3 win should be an EC win. HRC lost with a 2.1 popular vote margin. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Slacks said:

So help me understand this polls thing...

Most of the polls are national, right? The national outcome is already known. Why do we even care about the national polls?

Because national polls are more precise if Kamala was leading by 2 points and that is the end result then yeah sound the alarms, but a 7 point lead in the national polls after the 2016 demographic reorganization leads me to have certain thoughts about a blowout in the EC. Hillary only won the popular vote by 2 percent and was blown out, which is worse than in 2000 when Gore won by .5 percent and was close.

The system is still extremely fucked and probably getting worse, and the inability to change it to a popular vote is a massive failing from democrats, but we are where we are.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, linux said:

Because national polls are more precise if Kamala was leading by 2 points and that is the end result then yeah sound the alarms, but a 7 point lead in the national polls after the 2016 demographic reorganization leads me to have certain thoughts about a blowout in the EC. Hillary only won the popular vote by 2 percent and was blown out, which is worse than in 2000 when Gore won by .5 percent and was close.

The system is still extremely fucked and probably getting worse, and the inability to change it to a popular vote is a massive failing from democrats, but we are where we are.

It’s the democrats’ fault that the republicans would never, ever, ever support an amendment to get rid of the electoral college?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

It’s the democrats’ fault that the republicans would never, ever, ever support an amendment to get rid of the electoral college?

I mean it has not stopped republicans from playing dirty and getting what they want, things like withholding funding from states unless the national compact passed the 270 mark would have been a good start.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, linux said:

I mean it has not stopped republicans from playing dirty and getting what they want, things like withholding funding from states unless the national compact passed the 270 mark would have been a good start.

It almost happened once and could happen again: https://www.history.com/news/electoral-college-nearly-abolished-thurmond

and the National Popular Vote interstate Compact could happen as well: https://apnews.com/article/maine-national-popular-vote-compact-2a345dc04d7e3937c4857577523a3a11

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

6 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Hasn’t Harris made it clear she will be there whether he shows or not? No way he can give her that much unopposed airtime 

The ABC moderators will focus on Harris and attack her from every angle to look "independent". 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 5

Hasn’t Harris made it clear she will be there whether he shows or not? No way he can give her that much unopposed airtime 

Nah he will back out, blame it on the network, and have his own garbage event on FOX or OAN or whatever garbage site will have him.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, chad.ihrig said:

Nah he will back out, blame it on the network, and have his own garbage event on FOX or OAN or whatever garbage site will have him.

Problem with that is only people already voting for him will tune in. He needs to staunch the bleeding from the undecideds. I know around here you get the sense there is no such thing but if you talk to people in the real world they do exist 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

They are just wildly swinging in the dark hoping something lands.

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I will be shocked if Trump doesn't come out in favor of a federal abortion ban by November.  He's 100% transactional and has neither the memory of past statements nor the concern of contradicting previous platform statements.

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

He just says whatever pops into his pea brain the moment he says it.   He doesn't care about if it's accurate or completely inconsistent with what he said 5 minutes ago, or what he'll say 5 minutes from now.  It's all just nonsense.  And his cult will keep voting for him, no matter what he or they say.

This is where the lack of a Karl Rove figure is hurting Trump a helluva lot.

Not that somebody like Rove could keep Trump in line, but there would probably be a lot less just shitting in his hand and flinging it around and seeing if anything sticks than there currently is.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, tokamak said:

I’ll bet you a dollar that this guy shows up on Election Day and votes Trump without hesitation. 

Maybe. Hopefully. I just think that group has been so brainwashed that Democrats = evil that they’ll rationalize pretty much anything. 

Actually, that guy is one of a few hundred or few thousand evangelical types who won't vote for Trump - they will probably take a photo of their ballot/screen to show it, and then post it on social media.  They want the attention and to feel self-righteous/self-important.

These posts of mine have made quite a stir on social media over the past few weeks.

But upon further consideration…

I have decided to become worse.

I regret nothing and will continue loudly pounding this drum in the coming months.

You should too. Especially if you disagree.

Why? Let me explain.

No one paid me to say this. No one even asked me to say this. I simply rattled off my honest warning to the Trump campaign, after which hundreds, if not thousands, of other Christian voters organically echoed those same concerns.

I am not sitting out this election. I am casting a vote for every solid Republican with a meaningful level of opposition to child sacrifice.

But I will not cast votes for any Republicans who have compromised on this issue and who categorically refuse to establish equal protection for the preborn, and will especially not vote for those who are dragging the Republican Party leftward on the critical issue of abortion.

That unfortunately includes Trump.

If we evangelicals do not meaningfully oppose this leftward pivot on child sacrifice from Trump and other Republicans, we will be teaching them that they can betray what evangelicals say are our core values with zero consequences.

If you still plan to vote for Trump, even as you mourn over his stance on abortion, I can at least understand why. But over the next few months, instead of countersignaling and even openly blasting evangelical voters who believe otherwise, you should redirect your efforts toward warning Trump and the Republicans that their leftward shift on child sacrifice is alienating voters and will severely cost them at the ballot box.

The advent of mass child sacrifice heaps the righteous judgment of God upon our nation.

I would encourage you to read Leviticus 20:1-5, Psalm 94:16-23, Isaiah 1:12-20, and other passages that reveal the heart of God toward justice for the fatherless and his wrath toward any nation which murders their own children.

Why do you think we are seeing an invasion from foreigners, a constant threat of economic collapse, a flood of sexual degeneracy, and myriad other clear signs of national judgment? Because we have rejected the Kingship of Jesus Christ, especially by means of sacrificing millions of children to demons. Our national repentance must start with ceasing from the bloodshed.

That is why Christians must preserve our prophetic voice on this issue and leverage influence over our civil magistrates to establish justice for the fatherless. That is why we must constantly labor to remain politically active and to support sound Christian men who run for office. That is why we cannot render ourselves powerless in the public square by remaining an assumed voter bloc for the Republicans.

I refuse to reward betrayal with my vote.

You should not reward betrayal either.

May God grant repentance and heal our land.

-----

These types of evangelicals are like Crossfitters.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 hours ago, Hawndoh said:

That was about half the cast of Avengers: Endgame.

Are they talking about Thanos?

11 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

I realize this is a “fan made” ad but damn is it good.

Love this so tempted to send it to my parents 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, HenryJames said:

These dumbasses have a booth out at the State Fair to hand out anti-Walz stuff, and they haven't been able to draw flies. 

Meanwhile, down the street at the DFL* booth, they sold out of 12 days worth of Harris/Walz buttons, shirts, and camo hats by dinnertime on Day 2. Any merch that the party got to the tent didn't stay in stock very long. 

*In Minnesota, DFL means more than finishing dead last. The official name of Tim Walz's party is the Democratic/Farmer-Labor Party. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Why do you think we are seeing an invasion from foreigners, a constant threat of economic collapse, a flood of sexual degeneracy, and myriad other clear signs of national judgment? Because we have rejected the Kingship of Jesus Christ, especially by means of sacrificing millions of children to demons. Our national repentance must start with ceasing from the bloodshed.

so fucking weird.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

It not even like the debates fucking matter, it is just screaming the stupid bullshit and the MAGA side will declare him the winner regardless.

I have NEVER seen a real presidential debate in my lifetime, and never will, that they have devolved into literaly shitslinging is expected, that the shit slinger in chief is scared to do it in person instead of behind his fat twitter fingers is what is shocking.

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, tx ind said:

He'll come down with "COVID" about 48 hrs ahead of the debate.

Checkmate libtard, "COVID" doesn't exist, it's just a fever dream that 5G Fauci came up with while he was making anti-Caucasian bioweapons in China.

• Haha 1