2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

17 hours ago, LTbear said:

Thank god for this. It has pissed me off to no end that for years the republicans tried to claim "patriotism" and pride in the flag for themselves. 

I thought Kinzinger nailed this point when he spoke at the DNC.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

yes, the famously anti-establishment Kennedys

Trump and his supporters always flip the world upside down. I bet the Q folks believing in the secret cabal of people running the world are having brain freeze right now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, pacman said:

Trump and his supporters always flip the world upside down. I bet the Q folks believing in the secret cabal of people running the world are having brain freeze right now.

oh i'm aware, I just think it's incumbent on the rest of to tell them the sky is blue when they say it's pink. lest we actually forget the truth ourselves

• Hook 'Em 2

Lol you guys overthinking the changing of the rules, the debate is all about making Donald Trump look like a coward pussy. Do whatever it takes, say whatever you need to say to get him uncomfortable and defensive, because that leads to a loss of image and him saying something outrageous (not that it was that hard but still)

You think that playing by the rules will keep Trump honest? lol. If the media gets too upity just hammer the point that he was too afraid to debate with the microphones on, easy...

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

47 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The fact that it would even matter whether the microphones are on or not is a terrible thing and a sign that society is fucked. These are supposed to be two people who are in a job interview for a pretty serious position and one of them can't stop saying stupid ass shit for more than 5 seconds.

This is one of our many, many concerns, dude.

Seriously.  Donald Trump is one of the stupidest-ass-motherfuckers to ever walk the earth.  That fact ALONE should be totally disqualifying.  Yet we live in a world and time where it doesn't matter, at all.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This is one of our many, many concerns, dude.

Seriously.  Donald Trump is one of the stupidest-ass-motherfuckers to ever walk the earth.  That fact ALONE should be totally disqualifying.  Yet we live in a world and time where it doesn't matter, at all.

Even worse they prefer it this way, the stupid motherfucker spoke like a normal human being in the 20th century. You just don't regress into toddler baby speaking due to age, he literally refuses to think about what he is going to say and the MAGA masses swoon and calls it manly.

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Weird.

And just add it to the list of standalone, complete WTFs.  When in your fucking entire life have you stood over a motherfucking grave and smiled and done a thumbs up?  I have been to hundreds of cemeteries (they're an excellent place to visit for history, as well as the fact that I've attended a few funerals in my life).  It's a solemn place.  I've never had any expression other than quiet and respectful.

That said, if that tombstone said "Donald J. Trump," any pic you snapped of me there would have me 1) grinning ear to ear, and 2) pissing on it, shitting on it, or both.  So, maybe Trump hates dead marines who died serving our country as much as I hate him for trying to buttfuck our country.  

Just now, Red Five said:

Another perfectly fitting suit, Dotard. Nailed it once again.

There's nothing about him that isn't pathetic.  Not one.  Single.  Thing.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I'm not calling them the enemy of the people or bullshit like that, but their inability to call Donald Trump out for his constant bs and constantly giving him the benefit of the doubt as though he's just another ordinary politician is becoming infuriating. The "NY Times Pitch Bot" exists for a reason, the media's disparate treatment of the two party candidates is too blatant to ignore. 

I feel like I watch mainstream news and they constantly fact check especially when it's presented as a fact.

If Trump says the economy is bad, that's an opinion and cannot be fact checked. If Trump says 50m people came over the southern border last night, that can be fact checked as there is no credible source backing up that claim.

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I feel like I watch mainstream news and they constantly fact check especially when it's presented as a fact.

If Trump says the economy is bad, that's an opinion and cannot be fact checked. If Trump says 50m people came over the southern border last night, that can be fact checked as there is no credible source backing up that claim.

It's not hard to predict the lies, either.  Border data, inflation, etc.  Have the data ready and on hand for immediate refutation.

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Couple graphics I've seen:

Screenshot_20240825_213337_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6330490d12d4d0e374187b005c8ddc07.jpg

Screenshot_20240823_180104_TikTok.thumb.jpg.69a18d46b6746c13aa20d307ad9ecee5.jpgEvangelicals in politics:

Re: Evangelicals in politics, I just want to know what's going on in northern Idaho

https://idahocapitalsun.com/2022/08/11/hate-makes-a-comeback-in-idaho-this-time-with-political-support/

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

With narbecue 

I keep expecting one of these nonsensical tweets to come out, and we find out shortly after that he stroked out typing it.

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

I think Jake Traylor was the catcher in Major League. 

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

For the Cleveland Indians?  I didn't know they still had a team.

Son for former UT and current UTSA head coach, Jeff Traylor.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Media can keep fucking that chicken that Trump is leading in AZ and NV.  He is not. 

Its an average poll, probably still includes polls from July lol.

Just now, linux said:

Its an average poll, probably still includes polls from July lol.

Anything from July should have dropped off by now.  This is an entirely new race. 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

It damages the movie, IMO. Just doesn't match the rest of it. 

Her most popular character was Pat, whose impossible-to-determine gender was the basis for Sweeney's popular It's Pat! sketches on Saturday Night Live, and a later feature film of the same name,[7] which was a critical[citation needed] and commercial failure, costing $8 million[12] to make but grossing only $60,822[13] at the box office.

21 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

With narbecue 

NRBQ_(album).jpg

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Anything from July should have dropped off by now.  This is an entirely new race. 

I agree, the point is that there is so much noise in the polling world right now, I am looking at the individual national polls right now, they are as precise as any predictor, they show trends and they are up to date.

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Seems like a good reason for the RNC to schedule a second convention to rollout RFK as the new VP pick. 

can someone be on two tickets at once? ballots w RFK already printed in some swing states

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They both appear to have sleeves so maybe they rock 

At the cemetary ... with the former president whose favorite song is YMCA ... as one does ...

Edited by Gap03

Look I get that polls are polls and people should be skeptical. But when Trump was leading in every public poll post-debate, they were gospel to the media. Now Tapper is saying don’t believe them because Harris is leading. And your sources are who? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

If I was Kamala I’d do the debate with live mics the whole time. Then walk out with one of these and blast it at him every time he tried to talk during her time

8777bcf0846e02ae4dd02badde6241ab.jpg

She’s going to bring half a dozen of those if that’s the strategy.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

can someone be on two tickets at once? ballots w RFK already printed in some swing states

Hopefully this is a self-own, causing enough MAGAts to vote for RFKj thinking it doesn’t matter. If we could get them 1, 2 on a butterfly ballot in Florida the election gets called for Harris by 10 pm. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, pacman said:

r/pics - Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. during his Trump endorsement speech

All the media criticism with Tapper and how it's reporting is justified, but the dea that Biden wasn't going to lose some support with white men in PA and other states is hardly a concern to be dismissed. It was something specifically discussed several times considering Biden's ties to PA. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

I think their goal is to get Trump to cancel the debate.   He will look old and cowardly if he bails over a disagreement over terms, no matter what the earlier terms were.  

Oh, I think there's nothing the Harris campaign wants more and the Trump campaign wants less than that debate.

He won't show up even if it's scheduled at Mar-a-Lago and the moderator is Jesse Watters.

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Oh, I think there's nothing the Harris campaign wants more and the Trump campaign wants less than that debate.

He won't show up even if it's scheduled at Mar-a-Lago and the moderator is Jesse Watters.

I think Trump thinks he can do it, but everyone on his team except the most sycophantic is telling him he's not capable. He will of course ignore the good advice and try to debate her.