2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Two anecdotes:

1) the boy messaged us and asked us to order him a camo Harris Walz hat.  No such luck.  Completely sold out.  Seriously, not on back order -- SOLD OUT.

2) at lunch at the Tavern, GOLL correctly observed that Jim Hightower was sitting at the bar, having a snack and making some notes.  I had to go to the bar to close out, and chatted him up, asked him how he's feeling about things.  "We had a great week last week -- I mean we democrats."  I told him "well not just us democrats, all of us, right?"  He was pretty pleased with that.  He said that he loved Walz, and told me he actually went up to Minn to work for his campaign when he first ran for Congress. "He was just a teacher then, and he's the same guy now.  His football team introduced him, and they really do think that highly of him."  I asked him how he was feeling about our chances - "We're going to win.  I don't remember when I've seen enthusiasm and energy like this."  I told him I was surprised by how organized and focused the party was now, and he chuckled "me too, but they are."

Hightower was always a great Texas character, agree or disagree with him.  Was cool to chat with him.

So GOLL stuck you with the check (or, should I say stuck one of your clients with the check)? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

#traitor #putinspuppet 

Did somebody ask Donald where in the contract it specifies that if one of the partners is delinquent the others will fail to defend them?

And isn't it ironic that the man who has contracted so much to so many ---- from Trump University to independent contractors on his construction sites to cities like El Paso and Green Bay ---- and not paid off is talking like this?

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

he reads on an elementary school level, if that 

And his horde respects the fact that he's undereducated.

Not being part of the "intellectual elite" makes him more trustworthy.

That's how completely fucked this country is.  Trump losing would buy us some time and avert the impending disaster, but there's still a very stupid reckoning coming.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Tuco said:

But, keep in mind, that money doesn’t include the PACs. Miriam Adelson didn’t pledge $100M to the campaign, she pledged it to a PAC.

It's the difference in field offices and volunteers that stands out IMHO.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

And his horde respects the fact that he's undereducated.

Not being part of the "intellectual elite" makes him more trustworthy.

That's how completely fucked this country is.  Trump losing would buy us some time and avert the impending disaster, but there's still a very stupid reckoning coming.

Coming?  That reckoning is already occurring.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

It's the difference in field offices and volunteers that stands out IMHO.

Yeah, in a close state like WI or PA or GA or NC, that matters 

• Hook 'Em 3

So, I’m in Philly on business and just grabbed dinner at the bar of nice restaurant.  Next to me at a table were 4 older people (one older white guy, one black woman, one white woman and then a white woman that sounded like she was 80+ years old).  They discussed politics, very loudly, the entire time I was there.  All I heard was the immigrants are pouring into this country and causing problems, my health insurance is so high because of Obamacare and giving health insurance to all the poor people in this country and Kamala wants to tax our capital gains or something like that.  I hope they are not an example of older people in Philly.  I guess all of Trump’s propaganda is working on folks like this.   They did all seem to agree this country is terribly divided and they sounded worried about any way to fix the division.  That being said, if they vote for Trump then fuck them. 

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I guess all of Trump’s propaganda is working on folks like this.

It doesn't help that the Dems have given up entirely on pushing back on that false narrative. No, now we get Collin Allred cosplaying as a border patrol agent

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

7 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So, I’m in Philly on business and just grabbed dinner at the bar of nice restaurant.  Next to me at a table were 4 older people (one older white guy, one black woman, one white woman and then a white woman that sounded like she was 80+ years old).  They discussed politics, very loudly, the entire time I was there.  All I heard was the immigrants are pouring into this country and causing problems, my health insurance is so high because of Obamacare and giving health insurance to all the poor people in this country and Kamala wants to tax our capital gains or something like that.  I hope they are not an example of older people in Philly.  I guess all of Trump’s propaganda is working on folks like this.   They did all seem to agree this country is terribly divided and they sounded worried about any way to fix the division.  That being said, if they vote for Trump then fuck them. 

Sounds like old people who watch Fox News

Not to mention, and I can’t speak for most people, you won’t see my friends and I talking politics in public. Those conversations happen in group settings inside someone’s house. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, another Walz bit I forgot from my quick chat with Hightower.  I commented that the GQP keeps trying to attack him, but they have nothing, and he answered "there's nothing for them to use.  He's exactly who he is, and he hasn't run from anything he's done."  I mentioned "sure, like saying if you want to call feeding school kids lunch is communism, have at it."  Jim said "yep, there's nothing he needs to run from."  Walz was the first thing he mentioned when I chatted him up, and he flat-out says he's the real-deal and what you see is what you get.

I just think it's so damned refreshing.  

I find it interesting how people want to be tough on crime and drain the swamp.  Now there's a former DA with Tim everyman ticket running to preserve democracy and the right are all like nah, those weren't really our priorities.  

Maybe the military will finally figure out that multi-draft dodging convicted felon with lingering charges that wants absolute immunity probably shouldn't be in charge of the military, same as the money types voting on a 6 time bankruptcy king that racked up 9 trillion in debt in 4 years, while not paying taxes shouldn't lead the country's financial health. And back to christianity, 3 wives, hush money, rape and a trove of documented Jeffrey Epstein island picts pretty much sank their christian nation message.  And the fact that they are all rolled up into the same guy, spewing revenge on his enemies, spells trouble for America. I feel especially lucky in retrospect that we survived his only presidency. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Sounds like old people who watch Fox News

Not to mention, and I can’t speak for most people, you won’t see my friends and I talking politics in public. Those conversations happen in group settings inside someone’s house. 

It was weird.  Forgot to add they talked a lot about the Bible and Israel but I couldn’t hear exactly what they were saying about those topics.  I think the older lady was Jewish because she made a few comments about Jews.  Unless she is anti semitic which I guess is possible also.  It sounded like this is a weekly talk about politics and drink at the bar type of deal for them.  

3 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

I find it interesting how people want to be tough on crime and drain the swamp.  Now there's a former DA with Tim everyman ticket running to preserve democracy and the right are all like nah, those weren't really our priorities.  

Maybe the military will finally figure out that multi-draft dodging convicted felon with lingering charges that wants absolute immunity probably shouldn't be in charge of the military, same as the money types voting on a 6 time bankruptcy king that racked up 9 trillion in debt in 4 years, while not paying taxes shouldn't lead the country's financial health. And back to christianity, 3 wives, hush money, rape and a trove of documented Jeffrey Epstein island picts pretty much sank their christian nation message.  And the fact that they are all rolled up into the same guy, spewing revenge on his enemies, spells trouble for America. I feel especially lucky in retrospect that we survived his only presidency. 

Donald is a draft dodger who shits on the military and veterans but that Tim guy only served 24 years in the military instead of 25 so it kind of balances out. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He tweeted that they knew he was a Trump voter and told him to show up “open minded” and pretend to be undecided 

Then people wonder why trust in the mainstream media is dropping

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, another Walz bit I forgot from my quick chat with Hightower.  I commented that the GQP keeps trying to attack him, but they have nothing, and he answered "there's nothing for them to use.  He's exactly who he is, and he hasn't run from anything he's done."  I mentioned "sure, like saying if you want to call feeding school kids lunch is communism, have at it."  Jim said "yep, there's nothing he needs to run from."  Walz was the first thing he mentioned when I chatted him up, and he flat-out says he's the real-deal and what you see is what you get.

I just think it's so damned refreshing.  

Is there anything we can use to attack JD Vance?

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

This restaurant must’ve been VERY nice if they all have 9 figure net worth and are worried about the capital gains “proposal”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 hours ago, Frank The Tank said:

He just doesn’t know how to read very well. You can tell when he comes to a comma and doesn’t pause when he’s supposed to. He’s on the teleprompter and has no idea what the speech is about until he hears the words come out of his mouth. 

Yeah I've said this before but he doesn't read what's prepared before he reads it off the teleprompter.  You can tell where the line breaks are on the prompter because that's where he pauses.  It's like Larry Bud Melman if you're old enough to remember that.

Say what you will about Grampa Joe but he at least knew enough to read what was gonna be on the prompter before reading it off the prompter.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

This restaurant must’ve been VERY nice if they all have 9 figure net worth and are worried about the capital gains “proposal”

These people, when they aren't on Facebook, are watching at least 12 hours of Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and RSBN, every day. They never miss a Ben Shapiro or Dan Bongino video.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

I was trying to find a Michelle Tafoya tweet about her 18 year old son having to vote for Trump bc of the capital gains proposal and holy fucking Karen, she is bat shit insane. Her Twitter is…. How has Fox not hired her yet?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

Not to mention sounds like all those old dust farts are on Medicare.

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

Dumbass doesn't even know how NATO funding works. There's no "bank account" that member nations pay into. (Well, technically, there are relatively small, shared ops that are funded by members.)  The lion's share of 'funding' is that each member commits to spending 2% of its GDP on defense. And sure, most don't hit that threshold.

But dumbass talks about it like the other members should be paying us and if they don't we won't help.

Never mind that the only time article 5 of NATO, which basically says an attack on one member is an attack on all, was invoked was after 9/11.

does dumbass realize where nato countries love to buy their high end weapons from ?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Did you ask them to go check the immigration status of everyone in the kitchen?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Welch said:

Busy day today.

Can someone point me to the post where Pimphand or others dropped in to explain how Biden/Harris are responsible for the record high Dow close?

Well, it started with RFK Jr getting horny over Tulsi Gabbard officially jumping on the Trump Train.

• Haha 3