2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

15 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

All HELL naw. You gotta go. I loved it so I am shocked that it still exists. Can you still shoot pool in that little upper area?

maybe until the students return, but the last few times I was there it was being used as a place to set things (with a cover on it)

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Are you talking about the dove hunt connected with the Bell County Bar Association golf tournament? I’ve heard a story just like yours for a long time around the courthouse there.

No, an annual Trinity Industries customer appreciation weekend over at Hackberry Rod and Gun club. Specks and Reds in the morning, doves in the late afternoon. Mark Stiles began his career in the cement business showing up on my dad’s job site with a cooler full of beer at quitting time. “How many yards you need next week?”

The following swing states have confirmed that RFK will stay on the ballot:

Michigan
Nevada
North Carolina
Wisconsin

Think he is just off in AZ and TX (withdrew on time), was struck from the ballot in GA (along with a bunch of other candidates, including Stein) and he did not qualify in PA 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Y'all don't get it. Give them access or they will be mean to you.

As Sulzberger often tells colleagues and as he and (Times’ Executive Editor Joe) Kahn have stressed in private conversations with the administration, every modern president since Franklin Delano Roosevelt has done an interview with the Times. That, however, is an argument deemed uncompelling by Biden aides and one that, to some White House officials, smacks of entitlement. ...

https://www.nj.com/politics/2024/04/insider-reveals-why-new-york-times-is-savaging-biden-as-often-as-possible.html

And now Kamala is pissing them off even MORE because she won't play their game game either.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Reuters poll -

Trump leads Harris on the economy 43-40.  Down from 11 points a month ago

Trump and Harris tied on crime and corruption, 40-40.  Was Trump +5 a month ago

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Just now, Red Five said:

I wish I hadn't just read that. This isn't good for my mental health. 

Think about how stupid the average person it.  

The average voter is probably 10% stupider than that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Reuters poll -

Trump is much more experienced in committing crimes and being corrupt. The fact that he can only get to 40% should be concerning to his campaign. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Michigan
Nevada
North Carolina
Wisconsin

Think he is just off in AZ and TX (withdrew on time), was struck from the ballot in GA (along with a bunch of other candidates, including Stein) and he did not qualify in PA 

He isn't on the ballot in NY, but I do not think that matters to be fair.

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

He isn't on the ballot in NY, but I do not think that matters to be fair.

He has said (or intimated) that he doesn't GAF about being on the ballot or not in safe blue/red states.  It was about getting himself off the ballot in swing states to help Trump.  Don't even think he has bothered to withdraw from any safe blue or red states. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

As Sulzberger often tells colleagues and as he and (Times’ Executive Editor Joe) Kahn have stressed in private conversations with the administration, every modern president since Franklin Delano Roosevelt has done an interview with the Times. That, however, is an argument deemed uncompelling by Biden aides and one that, to some White House officials, smacks of entitlement. ...

https://www.nj.com/politics/2024/04/insider-reveals-why-new-york-times-is-savaging-biden-as-often-as-possible.html

And now Kamala is pissing them off even MORE because she won't play their game game either.

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

They have NEVER been this irrelevant and they have done it to themselves.  NYT, CNN, etc. 

You spent the last 8 years covering yourself in Trump's slop for access, profit, books, interviews and podcasts.  Most Democrats are DONE with you for that. 

Fuck the NY Times. I am a subscriber to the Times (and WaPo), and I have seriously thought about telling them to both fuck off until they pull their heads out of their asses.  The NY Times should get rid of Haberman ASAP. She and the others that kept the worst of Trump for public eyes to publish fucking books can go fuck themselves.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Js1 said:

He has said (or intimated) that he doesn't GAF about being on the ballot or not in safe blue/red states.  It was about getting himself off the ballot in swing states to help Trump. 

smart money buys signs in all the swing states telling crackpots to vote or write-in RFK

• Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He has said (or intimated) that he doesn't GAF about being on the ballot or not in safe blue/red states.  It was about getting himself off the ballot in swing states to help Trump.  Don't even think he has bothered to withdraw from any safe blue or red states. 

Hell, he fucking applied YESTERDAY to be added to the Kentucky ballot.

• Haha 8

15 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Scarcity drives price.  I wonder if she will hold out until a "60 Minutes" type interview, negotiate what topics are off limits, and scheduled for maximum value to the campaign.  

Edited by Tuco

1 minute ago, safe sex said:

Hasn't there been word that she's going to have a sit-down interview this week?

This has been making me chuckle. When in the history of ever have conservatives ever given a shit about sit-down interviews?

Just now, chainsaw said:

This has been making me chuckle. When in the history of ever have conservatives ever given a shit about sit-down interviews?

She should call a press conference and only invite friendly left-wing media and journalists.  Since that's what Trump before he verbally diarrheas all over them

• Hook 'Em 8

22 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Reuters poll -

Bullshit. Trump should be way ahead on crime. He is an expert at it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Scarcity drives price.  I wonder if she will hold out until a "60 Minutes" type interview, negotiate what topics are off limits, and scheduled for maximum value to the campaign.  

3 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Hasn't there been word that she's going to have a sit-down interview this week?

How about she circumvents all of them and goes on with someone like Roland Martin (yes, I know he's aggy) because they are already pissed off at her for giving better access at the convention to "creators" and relegating the Politicos of the world to the cheap seats?

Oh yeah that's the stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, cactusflinthead said:

How about she circumvents all of them and goes on with someone like Roland Martin (yes, I know he's aggy) because they are already pissed off at her for giving better access at the convention to "creators" and relegating the Politicos of the world to the cheap seats?

Oh yeah that's the stuff. 

She should do Roland Martin and Paul Begala and open it with Tim talking about the rivalry coming back. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

51 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Michigan
Nevada
North Carolina
Wisconsin

I heard on the radio this morning that Ohio is honoring his request and removing him from the ballot. No surprise there. 

From today’s NY Times “here’s what we would ask Kamala if she weren’t too scared to sit for an interview” piece:

IMG_2235.thumb.png.7cae914f1df81330967664e37ee7c186.png

“What do you think is secretly super special about Trump that appeals to so many totally not racist true Americans? And a follow up? Can you convince us that you don’t totally suck shit being that you’re an uppity black woman who can’t connect with middle America?”

• Hook 'Em 4

28 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Part of the absurdity over the kid thing is that I believe he was 33 when his oldest was born.  His wife was 32. I guaranteed they both used birth control for more years  than they didn't.  The whole thing is nothing but bullshit to appeal to the bible-thumping crazy.   

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Part of the absurdity over the kid thing is that I believe he was 33 when his oldest was born.  His wife was 32. I guaranteed they both used birth control for more years  than they didn't.  The whole thing is nothing but bullshit to appeal to the bible-thumping crazy.   

I've seen old photos of JD and I think it's safe to say that he probably didn't get laid until he had made some money from his book.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

From today’s NY Times “here’s what we would ask Kamala if she weren’t too scared to sit for an interview” piece:

“What do you think is secretly super special about Trump that appeals to so many totally not racist true Americans? And a follow up? Can you convince us that you don’t totally suck shit being that you’re an uppity black woman who can’t connect with middle America?”

Nyt proves the point. “We will ask you about Trump and that’s it”

• Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

She can't give the real answer, which is that they're bad people and completely irredeemable trash.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

She can't give the real answer, which is that they're bad people and completely irredeemable trash.

"Well Dana, they are bad people and irredeemable trash, combined with ignorance and stupidity, combined with decades of misinformation and propaganda from Fox News and Rush."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

"Well Dana, they are bad people and irredeemable trash, combined with ignorance and stupidity, combined with decades of misinformation and propaganda from Fox News and Rush."

ghosts side GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

JD Vance is the "you think you hate it now, wait until you drive it!" of politicians. 

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

can they replace him at this point? I sincerely don't know how that would work

JD Vance ever since RFK Jr and Tulsi joined Team Trump

Ifc Hello Darkness My Old Friend GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Gabbard replaces Vance on Trump's ticket

Trump dies

Russian asset Tulsi Gabbard becomes President

Hard to imagine Russia would get a better destabilizing agent with a US President that's literally on their payroll than they already do simply with Donald Trump being Donald Trump.

• Hook 'Em 3

50 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I heard on the radio this morning that Ohio is honoring his request and removing him from the ballot. No surprise there. 

Meanwhile, Ohio was going to make Dems jump through all kinds of hoops to beat their deadline to put the Dem candidate ON the ballot.

43 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

I've seen old photos of JD and I think it's safe to say that he probably didn't get laid until he had made some money from his book.

We talking guys or girls?