2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

13 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

JD Vance shows up to a whore house....

Hi, I'm JD Vance. I'm going to Yale and writing a book about Ohio.

Ok.

I'd like a whore please.

What kind?

Oh, I don't know. Probably white. Maybe Asian. Whatever makes sense. So how long you been working here?

...maybe an Ottoman. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Think about how stupid the average person it.  

The average voter is probably 10% stupider than that. 

I just had a meeting with our hospital administration because some of the patients at our hospital are confused by some of the big words we use on our standardized consent forms like “chest” and “abdomen”.   In asked what should we say “tummy”?? Without flinching he said “yes”.  Apparently they did a study and our average patient has the mental capacity and vocabulary of a 7th grader.  That is a direct quote.  This country is absolutely fucked.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Meanwhile, Ohio was going to make Dems jump through all kinds of hoops to beat their deadline to put the Dem candidate ON the ballot.

Actually, they passed a bill during a special legislative session that extended the filing deadline to Aug 31 but the Dems chose to stick with the roll call vote to meet the original deadline just to avoid any potential GOP skullduggery. They probably didn’t have to but you can’t blame them. Better safe then sorry and with Ohio Republicans you can never be sure.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-ohio-ballot-48601b3522a42e2680fe40b416d0421d

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

All HELL naw. You gotta go. I loved it so I am shocked that it still exists. Can you still shoot pool in that little upper area?

I hear it’s Air Conditioned

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

33 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

JD Vance shows up to a whore house....

Hi, I'm JD Vance. I'm going to Yale and writing a book about Ohio.

Ok.

I'd like a whore please.

What kind?

Oh, I don't know. Probably white. Maybe Asian. Whatever makes sense. So how long you been working here?

Best I can do is South Asian.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

If I’m coaching Harris:

“You’re asking ME why frustrated people vote for Donald Trump? Because he lies to them. Because he sells them magic beans. 
Seriously, that’s the answer.

And while it’s my job to make a better argument than he does and help them understand how our policies can help, it’s YOUR job to help them separate fact from fiction. And your profession has utterly failed at that, because you’re too focused on horserace bullshit and asking candidates for office  to put each other’s voters on the couch.
So after all the whining about me taking my message straight to the voters and not going through your platform to speak to them, are you going to interview me or what?
You do your job, David, and I’ll do mine.”

I love this answer but she's not allowed to criticize the media. Leave that for Pete and the other surrogates.

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I love this answer but she's not allowed to criticize the media. Leave that for Pete and the other surrogates.

I think the quick and easy answer is "political punditry as to why a candidate might appeal to some part of the electorate is your job, not mine."  And then shift easily to explain why voters should vote for her.

It's a stupid fucking question.  Dismiss it as such.

• Hook 'Em 6

3 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

All HELL naw. You gotta go. I loved it so I am shocked that it still exists. Can you still shoot pool in that little upper area?

I'm pretty sure I've fallen down those stairs a couple of times.  I was drunk, though, so memory fades.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I love this answer but she's not allowed to criticize the media

I wouldn’t make it a habit, but for a big interview, I would absolutely hit that. If she can use this big hyped up initial interview to frame horserace discourse and access journalism as part of what frustrates voters, without antagonizing the media she actually needs, it’s a winner. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I think the quick and easy answer is "political punditry as to why a candidate might appeal to some part of the electorate is your job, not mine."  And then shift easily to explain why voters should vote for her.

It's a stupid fucking question.  Dismiss it as such.

*24 hours later:

New York Times:

"Why Kamala Misunderstand Politics and the American People"

- Guest Essay by Glenn Beck 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 4

4 minutes ago, Foosters said:

*24 hours later:

New York Times:

"Why Kamala Misunderstand Politics and the American People"

- Guest Essay by Glenn Beck 

NYT headline: Kamala Harris is the enemy of the press

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

She can always pepper her response with “of course Dana, I’m not referring to you.  CNN would never engage in such disreputable practices, I’m sure.”

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

I just had a meeting with our hospital administration because some of the patients at our hospital are confused by some of the big words we use on our standardized consent forms like “chest” and “abdomen”.   In asked what should we say “tummy”?? Without flinching he said “yes”.  Apparently they did a study and our average patient has the mental capacity and vocabulary of a 7th grader.  That is a direct quote.  This country is absolutely fucked.

If people don't know what a chest or abdomen is, y'all's policy should be to let Darwin's laws take their course.

Edited by jw4381
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

To be fair, do you work at a children’s hospital?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Superhero said:

When is couch fucker’s term up?

Would he still hold on to his senate seat if his term was ending?

2028. So probably, unless Trump turns on him and he gets primaried. Vivek Ramaslamadingdong has been hinting at an OH-GOV run in 2026, but maybe….

Edited by Js1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

This would be a huge never-ending scandal for Kamala

Obama saluted with a coffee cup in hand, which meant he hates the troops and all the dead ones too. But this? This is fine. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

This would be a huge never-ending scandal for Kamala

It would probably already be the biggest story in the country. "Why won't Kamala answer questions about what happened at Arlington National Cemetery?? Can someone like that really be trusted to be president?"

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Chris Pratt Oh Snap GIF

Stage-side floor seat tickets to the Eras Tour at Toronto's Rogers Centre on 11/23/24. Each winner can bring 1 guest. Fan Out will chip in up to $3000 per winner for travel/hotel. Winner must have a US passport to travel to Canada. Not affiliated w/ or endorsed by Taylor Swift or Universal Music.

10 entries for each low-frequency voter or unregistered friend who checks their registration and 10 more when they create a voting plan;

1 entry for each high-frequency voter who checks their registration and 1 more when they create a voting plan;

2 additional entries for every friend, regardless of status, who lives in a battleground state

1 entry for checking your own registration

Gonna need a source for this. It looks like social media engagement bait

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Nyt proves the point. “We will ask you about Trump and that’s it”

That’s a garbage question and it requires her to either insult voters (because they are bad or dumb and believe lies) or concede that Trump has a point.  I think all candidate should sit for hard interviews— about their policies, records, qualifications, etc. Not “please amateur psychoanalyze your opponent’s voters.” 

Can we also move past this little tick of “including people of color?” Embedded within that is an assumption that non-whites must have legitimate reasons for believing lies or wanting to take apart democracy. 

• Hook 'Em 1