2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

putrid carnival barker, draped in one of his ill-fitting suits, is grinning like an idiot as he stands there with his Leaning Tower of Treason posture — and there is it, that patented asinine thumbs-up that says look at me, I’m proudly taking a big smelly shit on all that is sacred.

go hump a flag, you sociopathic fuck.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 6

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

And yeah, you never know who you'll bump into there.

I walked into The Tavern one Sunday and the Stanley Cup was on a table near the door. Nobody near it. Just sitting there. 

• Like 2
  • Drool 2

19 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Dems flipped the Tulsa mayorship - locked out the GOP and 2 Dems advanced to the runoff

It’s actually nonpartisan, but the top 2 candidates both hold elected office as Democrats. The Dem-affiliated candidates combined for nearly 2/3 of the vote, when the GOP incumbent won with 52% four years ago 

Crazy close:
Tulsa's city elections are officially non-partisan races, but Monroe Nichols is a (D) and so is Karen Keith.  VanNorman is a religious right buffoon:

Nichols:       18,729
Keith            18.457
VanNorman 18,019 (take the L, loser)

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeeDubya said:

Crazy close:
Tulsa's city elections are officially non-partisan races, but Monroe Nichols is a (D) and so is Karen Keith.  VanNorman is a religious right buffoon:

Keith            18.457

image.thumb.jpeg.b728d0f2fa150bb79600c5cf3464a736.jpeg

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

California GIF

Seems legit to me.  Instead of all of us voting across the United States we should just let Donald Trump tell us which states he will win based on how many signs he sees or who he thinks really, really likes him.  I bet he would tell us he would win all 50 states plus the country of Wakanda. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

6 million Trump voters in California.  Yes they can make for big crowds. This moron has zero sense of scale or magnitude.  11 million Biden voters also could make big crowds. And are 5 million more in number 

who counted the votes ?

• Haha 2

It won’t land. All the people who understand how shitty this is already fall into one of two camps:
1. Horrified by what Trump means to the military and all other institutions and against him regardless of political inclinations.
2. Completely willing overlook what he means and compartmentalize because they are angry. 

Kamala needs to just register this as “yeah, he’s a weird guy who can’t even visit a cemetery normally.”
Her campaign realizes we are all just about vibes now and the effective line for the masses is “Trump’s vibes are off.” 

I actually disagree here. Using military graves for a photo op, especially against the cemetery’s wishes while assaulting their employee, is the type of simple, ghoulish story that can extend beyond us politics-obsessed weirdos and take root in the “normie” electorate.

I’m not saying Kamala personally needs to bring it up a lot, but if highlighted correctly by the campaign, it is exactly the type of thing that can turn into a “deplorable” or “47%” type of viral moment that helps define an election.
  • Hook 'Em 7

I recently drove from SF through Napa, past Sacramento to Lake Tahoe and back.  A good bit of that drive was through farmland, where I assume there would be a higher concentration of Trump supporters than average.

I never once saw a Trump sign.  I saw a bunch of Biden signs, though.  Purely anecdotal, but I think old Donnie might be mistaken.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I recently drove from SF through Napa, past Sacramento to Lake Tahoe and back.  A good bit of that drive was through farmland, where I assume there would be a higher concentration of Trump supporters than average.

I never once saw a Trump sign.  I saw a bunch of Biden signs, though.  Purely anecdotal, but I think old Donnie might be mistaken.

Wrong part of Cali.  Salinas, Fresno, Bakersfield, and the Central Valley are all pretty trump because of agriculture.  Redding is trumpy as fuck.  Then there’s plenty in the LA area.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Hefeweizen said:

Wrong part of Cali.  Salinas, Fresno, Bakersfield, and the Central Valley are all pretty trump because of agriculture.  Redding is trumpy as fuck.  Then there’s plenty in the LA area.

1.1 million votes for Trump in LA County 

No matter what he does it can’t be taken seriously.  Just roll your eyes and call him the weird fuck he is.  Honestly him getting shot at and everyone blowing it off was a great start to all this.  Gotta keep it up and not get dragged into the mud.  

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

AnYtHiNg fOr SaLiiiNaSSSS.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, safe sex said:

I've been in Austin for about two decades now. I've never eaten at the Tavern 😔

I work a few-ish blocks from there when I'm  in-office M-W, but haven't been in years. Would love to meet up for a happy hour, lunch, or whatever. I wonder if they still have the Mars Attacks pinball game up there. This really used to be my place. Anyway, hit me up for real, if you want:) 

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

, "Oh hi, Mr. Adelelewakaboomboom, could you please please just slow it down a tad, we have baby elephants on their way to school here."

Snort my beer!  I'm dyin'!

45 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

I work a few-ish blocks from there when I'm  in-office M-W, but haven't been in years. Would love to meet up for a happy hour, lunch, or whatever. I wonder if they still have the Mars Attacks pinball game up there. This really used to be my place. Anyway, hit me up for real, if you want:) 

Me too!  @Brisketexan, make it happen!

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, TeeDubya said:

Crazy close:

Keith            18.457

have to get out every vote for nov 5th !!!

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

who counted the votes ?

Hang on... He's been ranting about a wall to keep Jesús out of California, and now he wants to take jobs away from American vote counters as well? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

Central valley is mostly purple and becoming bluer. Biden won LA county with nearly 3/4 of the votes.

7 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I actually disagree here. Using military graves for a photo op, especially against the cemetery’s wishes while assaulting their employee, is the type of simple, ghoulish story that can extend beyond us politics-obsessed weirdos and take root in the “normie” electorate.

I’m not saying Kamala personally needs to bring it up a lot, but if highlighted correctly by the campaign, it is exactly the type of thing that can turn into a “deplorable” or “47%” type of viral moment that helps define an election.

No one but politics-obsessed weirdos knows anything about the incident. 

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

No one but politics-obsessed weirdos knows anything about the incident. 

And that's why you advertise it and force the media to cover it. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Bojack said:

He's saying that Jesus would cheat to make him the winner.

He could bless five votes and turn them into 11,780.

Or, in the case of California, he could turn the five votes into 5,103,822.

• Haha 8

5 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

From that Trae Crowder video I posted:

"Meanwhile you aint even got to do any research to make J.D. look bad. Just turn on the camera and let him exist in front of it. What kind of hillbilly don't know how to bullshit around at a food counter?"

That's great shit.

Vance was a catastrophically bad choice. He's uncomfortable in his own skin and in the age of video, that ain't good. Meanwhile America's dad on the Dem side wants to get a turkey leg and show you his 1969 Scout.

Walz should do rallies in the South with Trae Crowder.  People's heads would spin.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

You hear right, my friend.

And the Tavern is perfectly good bar food.  A solid burger.  Tator tots are available as a side, which is always a plus.  And Monday is all-day happy hour, beers are $4 I think.  It's a solid and reliable option for grub, drinks, and yep, catching a game (I've watched soccer matches, baseball games, NBA finals, and plenty of Longhorn football games there over the past 30+ years).  And yeah, you never know who you'll bump into there.

Agreed