2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Pentagon confirmed there’s no protocol and VPs can do it if they want or not. Both Biden and Pence were photographed saluting but also sometimes not 

I’m old enough to remember when people lost their shit the first time Reagan gave a salute. 

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

fb026e82-20c6-4719-b50c-c5f182e6ee6c.png

That's ridiculous, that wouldn't happen.

Oh wait.

“For a despicable individual to physically prevent President Trump’s team from accompanying him to this solemn event is a disgrace and does not deserve to represent the hollowed [sic] grounds of Arlington National Cemetery. Whoever this individual is spreading these lies are dishonoring the men and women of our armed forces, and they are disrespecting everyone who paid the price for defending our country,” (Campaign manager Chris) LaCivita continued.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/28/politics/trump-campaign-arlington-national-cemetery-incident/index.html

• Rage+1 3

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

The Harris campaign is planning a Labor Day blitz in nearly every battleground. Harris will start Monday in Detroit, before joining President Biden for a joint campaign event in Pittsburgh. Gov. Tim Walz and Gwen Walz will visit Milwaukee. Doug Emhoff will attend an event in Newport News, Virginia.

I hope Wanda hears my song and plays it one more time.

Yeah, they are freaked out. That Fox poll today was VERY good news for Kamala (and Dems overall). I don't think it's getting enough attention. In April, the Fox pollsters had Trump +6 over Biden in Georgia. Now it's Kamala +2. 

Yes, these results are all within the margin of error, but the momentum is real and still trending up. 

• Hook 'Em 4

13 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Yeah, they are freaked out. That Fox poll today was VERY good news for Kamala (and Dems overall). I don't think it's getting enough attention. In April, the Fox pollsters had Trump +6 over Biden in Georgia. Now it's Kamala +2. 

Yes, these results are all within the margin of error, but the momentum is real and still trending up. 

I mean, Nate Silver is a hacky pundit but he said these polls look like a, currently, Harris +4-5 environment, which means she just matches Biden and wins easily in the EC. If it even goes up another point nationally, then you start talking about NC flipping (100 EV win) and FL getting dicey

A late Wednesday night press release to bitch about Fox News polls screams “our internals suck, the public polls suck, please don’t give up on us and stop sending us money”

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

47 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

That's ridiculous, that wouldn't happen.

Oh wait.

“For a despicable individual to physically prevent President Trump’s team from accompanying him to this solemn event is a disgrace and does not deserve to represent the hollowed [sic] grounds of Arlington National Cemetery. Whoever this individual is spreading these lies are dishonoring the men and women of our armed forces, and they are disrespecting everyone who paid the price for defending our country,” (Campaign manager Chris) LaCivita continued.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/28/politics/trump-campaign-arlington-national-cemetery-incident/index.html

"...hollowed grounds..." 😆

Definitely, the best and the brightest.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Polls are looking good. Soon it will be time to hand out the shillelaghs and round up MAGATS.

GIF_20240828_223503_863.gif.7932677ad420be3ff1049328792c94ec.gif

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Haha hey yall we were kinda fucking around with that whole “ uncommitted” thing haha

Bluff called, there was zero upside to letting them speak and it was obvious. Their entire strategy was idiotic as most here realized. They have an important viewpoint that should be heard but they played themselves. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s losers looking for a community that embraces them without question.  The Maga usually just say hell yeah brother when he does that shit. 

Oooh, you may be on to something.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

I mean, Nate Silver is a hacky pundit but he said these polls look like a, currently, Harris +4-5 environment, which means she just matches Biden and wins easily in the EC. If it even goes up another point nationally, then you start talking about NC flipping (100 EV win) and FL getting dicey

A late Wednesday night press release to bitch about Fox News polls screams “our internals suck, the public polls suck, please don’t give up on us and stop sending us money”

I realize what you’re saying here, but there was nothing “comfortable” about Biden EC win last time. 

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I realize what you’re saying here, but there was nothing “comfortable” about Biden EC win last time. 

This.  Though admittedly, I felt good enough about it that I offered to buy the first bottle of champagne at Le Bernardin at dinner the night before it was called on Saturday and the party broke out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I will never forget the moment the NYT needle pivoted to Biden being the favorite in Georgia. The night had been filled with a deep feeling of doom prior to that. Also I think Fox News calling Arizona early is an underrated “saving democracy” moment.
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

2020 was definitely induced some butthole puckering until you started to see the swing states and Georgia come in....it took way longer than normal as well for that to happen which IMO added to how puckered the butthole was.

I'm not saying this one is over or won't be close but leading into November as of right now it feels like it may be an easier path to presidency for democrats, especially since there isn't an incumbent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

2020 was definitely induced some butthole puckering until you started to see the swing states and Georgia come in....it took way longer than normal as well for that to happen which IMO added to how puckered the butthole was.

I'm not saying this one is over or won't be close but leading into November as of right now it feels like it may be an easier path to presidency for democrats, especially since there isn't an incumbent. 

I doubt there are many 18-22 year old trump voters also.  He has no room to grow his vote, he can only drum up enthusiasm among his existing cult who haven’t died in the last 4 years.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

I doubt there are many 18-22 year old trump voters also.  He has no room to grow his vote, he can only drum up enthusiasm among his existing cult who haven’t died in the last 4 years.

You would be surprised. You think 18-22 year olds with 40 -45 year old parents who are fox news brainwashed don't exist? Lots and lots and lots of them do. The hope is the ones that do like Trump just won't show up to vote. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1