2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

The response to the cemetery thing is so crazy to me, because it's so objectively wrong. Like if someone caught Trump and Vance going 120 mph in a school zone. And their response was "Hey fuck off! Shut up loser. Blow me." 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's amazing watching a human spiral in real-time.

I’m honestly surprised the campaign still lets this chud out in public. Every appearance is a new embarrassing soundbite.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, royiv said:

I’m honestly surprised the campaign still lets this chud out in public. Every appearance is a new embarrassing soundbite.

They have to.  They have to at least appear to be trying, and Trump isn't going to do these appearances. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Oh that? That's just locker room talk!

Just as they excused the Entertainment Tonight interview from being the election. Except that was a work interview related to his TV job and not a locker room. Even Melania excused it as how men talk in a locker room.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

SHE IS SO FUCKING STUPID

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

meghan mccain is top 5 most punchable cunt in the US 

her dad would be ashamed of what she’s turned into 

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

It pisses me off. I didn’t agree with her dad on a lot of things, but he served his country with honor and dignity. He had and still has my respect for that. His daughter is an embarrassment to his memory.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  Blah blah blah, all that's right.  Yet I still cut her some slack.  Why?  

I have my reasons.

health-fitness-blogs-vitamin-g-1020-mega

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

My first thought exactly. If beat reporters with integrity and any guys still existed, this would be a question at Vance's next availability: 

"Senator, after Vice President Harris rebuked your campaign for the incident at Arlington National Cemetery you said she can go to hell. The United States Army has now rebuked your campaign for the same incident. Is there anywhere you think the US Army should go?"

And THAT is how the press should ask fucking questions.  Fuck yes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

6 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

That gives her a 56% chance of winning at least one of them. Seems a little too optimistic to me.

As BrickHorn points out, you have to remember that math like this assumes they are independent, like dice rolls.  These very very much are not independent.  If the one in three hits on Texas, 95% chance it hits on FL too. 

So there's a 1 in three she gets either of them.  There's pretty close to a 1 in three she gets both of them as well. 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Looking forward to JD Vance telling the US Army to go to hell.

There are no couches in hell.

2 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

As BrickHorn points out, you have to remember that math like this assumes they are independent, like dice rolls.  These very very much are not independent.  If the one in three hits on Texas, 95% chance it hits on FL too. 

So there's a 1 in three she gets either of them.  There's pretty close to a 1 in three she gets both of them as well. 

Yeah, good point.

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

So about this, wrt KH:  Where the fuck is this coming from? Is it just made up out of whole cloth because she is an attractive woman?  That one relationship with Willy Brown?  Is that it? Is there anything else?

Fact is, it doesn't matter especially given Trump's actual documented numerous moral failings. (Cheated on all wives, civil rape conviction, acess Hollywood, pagent complaints, Epstein island trips, weird daughter shit).

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Those Fox News polls have abortion amendments passing in AZ and NV by 73-23 and 75-21, respectively.  

Yes, there will be some Trump-abortion referendum crossovers, but it does feel more....obvious (?) that Harris has a higher ceiling in both those states, based on a) having voted Dem in 2020 and b) having such high support for abortion. 

My fear has always been that those people will vote for the abortion referendum and then, thinking that they've protected abortion rights in their state, feel able to vote for Trump for president.

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If they haven’t left him by now, they will never ever leave him. 

I don't agree with that.

For you, an outrage that occurs in March 2023 is the same as an outrage that occurs in September 2024.  But you are . . . and I say this with love . . . a huge fucking nerd.  You pay attention to Trump and politics, as evidenced by your posts on this board.  But most of the world doesn't.  Most of the world in March 2023 was watching the last season of Succession or going on Spring Break or doing any number of other things that normal people do that have absolutely nothing to do with Donald Trump.  And to the extent they were aware of it at all, it was just background noise.  It blended in with all the other things that they think they hate about politics or politicians.

But as we get close to a presidential election, people who don't ordinarily care about politics or politicians start to pay attention.  So things that would otherwise be relatively minor take on an outsized importance.  

Had this happened in March 2023, I'd completely agree with you.  Nobody in March 2023 was weighing how they'll vote in two months.  But today, it weighs on a decision that is imminent.  And that gives it a whole different character.

You are right that a significant majority of Trump's supporters are irredeemable.  They'll not be convinced by anything.  But there are some--and maybe not even very many, but some--for whom this is going to be meaningful and will impact whether they vote and, if they do vote, for whom.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

They have nothing lol

Hell, I didn't even list all of my college jobs.  No one needs to know that I was so desperate that I took a job cleaning shower stalls at a truck stop for 2 months.

Edited by TexasHooch
Shit. Now ya'll know.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Wiler77 said:

In May I attended my niece's HS graduation in Houston.  It's a private school, and one of the speakers was a girl from the senior class.  I don't think it was the Valedictorian speech--it was something stupid like speaking on memories from her time at the school because she was one of the few that had been attending since 1st grade.

She got to 5th grade, and her favorite memory was watching Trump's Presidential Inauguration, "or what they call in my family 'the best day EVER!'"  Half the room applauded.  My sister rolled her eyes at me and I said "you're the one who paid to send your daughter here."

Let's face it, most of us are influenced by our parents beliefs at an early age.  So I'm sure she was excited for the inauguration at age 11 because her dipshit parents were excited.  What I don't understand is the inability of people to think independently as they age to understand who has your best interests at stake.

I was told there'd be no math but wouldn't she have been just 3 yo at the poorly attended Dotard inauguration? Which would've been before school. I'd guess your sibling told her to say that so she could own the libs?

8 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

So about this, wrt KH:  Where the fuck is this coming from? Is it just made up out of whole cloth because she is an attractive woman?  That one relationship with Willy Brown?  Is that it? Is there anything else?

Fact is, it doesn't matter especially given Trump's actual documented numerous moral failings. (Cheated on all wives, civil rape conviction, acess Hollywood, pagent complaints, Epstein island trips, weird daughter shit).

Tale as old as time - every Dem woman has attainted their positions via being a whore or nepotism, while GOP women earned their positions 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I was told there'd be no math but wouldn't she have been just 3 yo at the poorly attended Dotard inauguration? Which would've been before school. I'd guess your sibling told her to say that so she could own the libs?

Maybe count again

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

My first thought exactly. If beat reporters with integrity and any guts still existed, this would be a question at Vance's next availability: 

"Senator, after Vice President Harris rebuked your campaign for the incident at Arlington National Cemetery you said she can go to hell. The United States Army has now rebuked your campaign for the same incident. Is there anywhere you think the US Army should go?"

The U.S. Army is a bunch of DEI losers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

My fear has always been that those people will vote for the abortion referendum and then, thinking that they've protected abortion rights in their state, feel able to vote for Trump for president.

1. That can't be a large cohort. 
  2. How would they know the result of the referendum at the time of voting?  They would have no way of knowing abortion rights were "protected" until after the election.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, locodos said:
  1. That can't be a large cohort. 
  2. How would they know the result of the referendum at the time of voting?  They would have no way of knowing abortion rights were "protected" until after the election.

Also Donald Trump isn't going to respect some referendum when he's doing a national abortion ban via EO and SCOTUS says "yup, that's fine, no abortion, period" 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I can't stand the insufferable douchebag but that's not his worst performance by any stretch.  Why does he say sempre fi, though?  

Hey guys, let's talk about WOOOOOO PIG SOOOEEY the unrealized capital gains

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

She's a woman. That is literally it

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I apparently botched the story, or you can't read.

This was a high school graduation. I assume the girl was 18.  She is not my niece.  I was there because my niece graduated in the same class.

The speaker was reminiscing about a vivid memory from the past.  I think it was 5th grade.  Maybe it was 6th.   220, 221.

My sister rolled her eyes at the comment and at the audience reaction.

It was a anecdote to support the notion that young people many times just parrot their parents and don't think for themselves.  It wasn't even that good of a story.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Gotta post them, even though it’s Emerson and they’re terrible 

AZ: Trump +3

GA/NV: Harris +1

MI: Harris +3

NC/WI: Trump +1

PA: tie 

At face value those aren't a good sign, but if you believe that's about the best dotard could ever hope for then it's fine.  Tell Shapiro to do his fucking job and bring home PA and it's over.

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

The model is giving her the entire Blue wall (WI 62%, MI 63%, PA 57%), NV (57%), AZ (54%), NE-02 (75%) - which is 287

GA (49%) and NC (47%) are the others that go to Trump.  In this scenario, she wins 287-251.   The model gives her a 1 in 3 chance in both TX and FL 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

1bnvx1.gif

IMG_3285.gif.fcf78ff907be9ec051400c302ea35e97.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

I am probably in the minority, but I think that Trump‘s statements on the military and deceased military - and McCain specifically- and his failure to attend the hundredth anniversary of the end of World War I because of rain - and the recent Arlington lawbreaking will have a small effect on his followers.  I’m not saying there is mass defections. But I am saying more independents will go Democrat and more old school VFW GOP supporters will stay home.

What I am saying is, I think it will be a small difference in turnout that will prove to be a huge difference in close electoral college results.  . 

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If they haven’t left him by now, they will never ever leave him. 

I'm hopeful of the first, but fully convinced of the second. They've already decided it was Biden's "woke" Army and he is making it political, i.e., "Election Interference!!" If shitting on McCain and the Medal of Honor didn't make a dent, nothing will. He could take a dump on the Grave of the Unknown Soldier and they'd say he's fertilizing the lawn. He's still polling in the 40s which is an absolute abomination and slap in the face to those who have died in service to the country which they all know hate and want to see abolished in favor of a Christo-fascist dictatorship. That isn't even hyperbole anymore, they've been saying it out loud.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1