2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Very few times in life are situations a straightforward good vs evil choice, but this election is clearly one of them.

And the evil side is REALLY leaning into the whole evil thing. They really want everyone to know how evil they are.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

I was just telling [mention=656]Ghost of LL[/mention] that it feels a whole lot more like a game against North Texas, and folks are getting giddy that the odds look good for us to win by a FG.
A win is nice.  But for fuck's sake, let's put on our "let's see the whole world as it is" glasses.  Trump and Trumpism are fucking horrible.  Any one thing about them (being rapists, being convicted felons, shitting on CMOH recipients, getting in a fight with staff at Arlington, and LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF OTHER THINGS) is totally disqualifying in any other world/political climate.  This is a candidate and movement that should lose the EV in all 50 states.  We should trounce them 60-10 (I give 'em the late TD, because we put in scrubs in the 4th Q).  Yet we're here working our asses off and having to play through the whistle HOPING that we can pull off a 3 pt win.
What the fucking fuck?  WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCKING FUCK?

Do you spend any time in public? Sit in an airport for 2 hours and people watch. This joint is lousy with terrible people. That's why this is and always will be a coin flip.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I recall the recent video of the Ole Miss student from Dallas Plano who was dancing and making noise like a gorilla in front of the black student. This was in the middle of a school day. I can't imagine how they would act on a Saturday night after a day of drinking.

fify

I'll begrudgingly accept Richardson as part of Dallas, but anything along the US-75 corridor north of that is S. Oklahoma in my mind.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

I am also particularly vexed by that whole event. I’m surprised at the depth of my feelings.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.voanews.com/amp/us-european-commission-affirm-commitment-to-deter-putin/6501272.html

That young man in the photo rising from his chair to greet the COC is my son, and this photo was taken within 24 hours of my own father’s military funeral. In fact, I was at the dias glancing at the back of the sanctuary until the last possible minute, hoping that the CG of the 82nd had approved his request for emergency leave and that he would appear just in time for the ceremony. 2 weeks ago at Ft. Liberty (Bragg) I pinned railroad tracks to his headgear in front of his colleagues and the brigade commander.

You can see the kid’s resemblance to his grandfather at 5:50 of this video.

Fuck J.D. Vance and tfg.

Has anyone else already started mentally scripting their reaction and relief when orange man is finally gone?

I’m thinking of taking a break from the internet.

Fireworks,  lots of fireworks and whiskey drinking has been mentioned.

• Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Dotard threatened in print to have Zuckerberg arrested. I have mixed feeling about it tbh. My first inclination is for Biden to order them both "neutralized." https://www.politico.com/news/2024/08/28/trump-zuckerberg-election-book-00176639

image.thumb.png.df34626f3620998b5b4590fb376114f1.png

Reveal hidden contents

Mark Zuckerberg earlier this week wrote that the Biden administration had tried to “pressure” Meta to downplay certain content about Covid-19. | Andrew Harnik/AP

By Alex Isenstadt

08/28/2024 04:57 PM EDT

Former President Donald Trump writes in a new book set to be published next week that Mark Zuckerberg plotted against him during the 2020 election and said the Meta chief executive would “spend the rest of his life in prison” if he did it again.

It represents Trump’s most recent attack on Zuckerberg, who he has repeatedly accused of intervening in the last presidential election. And it comes as Meta has taken steps to assure conservatives it will not influence this year’s campaign.

“Save America,” a Trump-authored coffee table book being released Sept. 3, includes an undated photograph of Trump meeting with Zuckerberg in the White House. Under the photo, Trump writes that Zuckerberg “would come to the Oval Office to see me. He would bring his very nice wife to dinners, be as nice as anyone could be, while always plotting to install shameful Lock Boxes in a true PLOT AGAINST THE PRESIDENT,” Trump added, referring to a $420 million contribution Zuckerberg and his wife, Priscilla Chan, made during the 2020 election to fund election infrastructure.

“He told me there was nobody like Trump on Facebook. But at the same time, and for whatever reason, steered it against me,” Trump continues. “We are watching him closely, and if he does anything illegal this time he will spend the rest of his life in prison — as will others who cheat in the 2024 Presidential Election.”

Trump has made similar remarks about Zuckerberg before. Trump wrote in a July post on Truth Social that if elected he would pursue “ELECTION FRAUDSTERS at levels never seen before, and they will be sent to prison for long periods of time. We already know who you are. DON’T DO IT! ZUCKERBUCKS, be careful!”
Donald Trump speaks while gesturing with his hands.

Former President Donald Trump has repeatedly accused Zuckerberg of intervening in the last presidential election. | Carolyn Kaster/AP

A Meta spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Republicans have criticized Meta for suppressing content that would have damaged President Joe Biden in 2020, most notably reporting about the then-candidate’s son, Hunter. At the time, the FBI warned the coverage may have been part of a Russian-orchestrated effort to influence the election.

Zuckerberg sent a letter on Monday to the Republican-controlled House Judiciary Committee acknowledging it was a mistake to have suppressed the story, saying it has “since been made clear that the reporting was not Russian disinformation, and in retrospect, we shouldn’t have demoted the story,”

In the same letter, Zuckerberg wrote that the Biden administration had tried to “pressure” Meta to downplay certain content about Covid-19, which he said was “wrong” for the White House to have done. Zuckerberg also said he would not make similar contributions to fund election infrastructure ahead of this year’s election, though he also stressed that the funding was not intended to appear partisan in nature.

“Save America” is being released by Winning Team Publishing, which was co-founded by Donald Trump Jr. and Sergio Gor, a Trump ally.

At this moment Dotard benefactor Elmo Mosk is raging on twitter about the arrest of Pavel Durov.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

maybe this will help people make up their minds.

Workshopping her slogan:  Vote for the Fox

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

The only way I can solve that is by going back in time and killing Newt Gingrich before he became Speaker.

he is the author of the GOP paradigm shift that says you can’t be against the other person on ideas and policy, you have to personally demonize your opponent.   I am not saying that he invented negative campaigning, but he did insist that his contract with America troops start personally attacking Democrats and accusing them of horrific things to gain an electoral advantage.   It was so tremendously effective that it was adopted universally by the GOP.   Karl Rove fine tuned it - in that he discovered inventing bullshit wedge issues - like flag burning laws - allowed the GOP to accuse Democrats of being anti-American…. (Instead of being advocates of protecting constitutionally permissible rights. )

Newt was the Godfather of the current lack of congeniality.  He also coordinated with Rush Limbaugh and others to make sure that the talking points were spewed all over America on the regular. 

Could you get Rush at the same time?  Might make it so many of us could have normal conversations with our parents again.

• Hook 'Em 3

History about the Electoral College I didn't know:

After the close 1968 election, the House voted 339-70 to amend the Constitution & abolish the Electoral College. Despite bipartisan Senate support, and  President Nixon's backing, segregationist southern Democrats & small-state Republicans blocked it. Required 2/3 majority.

image.thumb.png.a1ad1d4f88efcf199ffc1e0d6565f673.png

via Stephen Wolf of The Downballot

• Hook 'Em 2

Not sure where this should go or if it’s already been discussed on here, but  there has been all this talk by Republicans that keep saying that Biden and Harris’s economic policies are the reason groceries are so high.  I wonder why the Kroger executives saying they priced stuff higher above inflation just to make more money isn’t being used by Harris at this point or maybe it is.  Seems to back what she has been saying and helps the whole communist price fixing the right keeps scaring people about. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

"That firefighter union can *dramatic pause* go to hell!" - JD Vance, probably

My step brother is a IFA rep from Denver.  He is probably there, I should ask him about it.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Kamala not running from the border issue at all in her new Spanish language spot

This was perfect.  Very clear message even to this spanglish speaker.  My favorite part was the closing, "Trump habla mentieras y Harris lucha!"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Looks like Corey is in his ear. Not the one that was nearly blown off, according to Eric. The good ear:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/28/us/politics/trump-truth-social-posts.html

Former President Donald J. Trump used his social-media website on Wednesday to amplify a crude remark about Vice President Kamala Harris that suggested Ms. Harris traded sexual favors to help her political career.

The post, by another user on Truth Social, was an image of Ms. Harris and Hillary Clinton, Mr. Trump’s opponent in 2016. The text read: “Funny how blowjobs impacted both their careers differently…”

The remark was a reference to Mrs. Clinton’s husband, former President Bill Clinton, and the Monica Lewinsky scandal, and a right-wing contention that Ms. Harris’s romantic relationship with Willie Brown, the former mayor of San Francisco whom she dated in the mid-1990s while he was speaker of the California State Assembly, fueled her political rise.

Mr. Trump’s repost was the second time in 10 days that the former president shared content from his personal account making sexually oriented attacks on Ms. Harris. Though he has a history of making crass insults about his opponents, the reposts signal Mr. Trump’s willingness to continue to shatter longstanding norms of political speech

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2

6 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Looks like Corey is in his ear. Not the one that was nearly blown off, according to Eric. The good ear:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/28/us/politics/trump-truth-social-posts.html

Former President Donald J. Trump used his social-media website on Wednesday to amplify a crude remark about Vice President Kamala Harris that suggested Ms. Harris traded sexual favors to help her political career.

The post, by another user on Truth Social, was an image of Ms. Harris and Hillary Clinton, Mr. Trump’s opponent in 2016. The text read: “Funny how blowjobs impacted both their careers differently…”

The remark was a reference to Mrs. Clinton’s husband, former President Bill Clinton, and the Monica Lewinsky scandal, and a right-wing contention that Ms. Harris’s romantic relationship with Willie Brown, the former mayor of San Francisco whom she dated in the mid-1990s while he was speaker of the California State Assembly, fueled her political rise.

Mr. Trump’s repost was the second time in 10 days that the former president shared content from his personal account making sexually oriented attacks on Ms. Harris. Though he has a history of making crass insults about his opponents, the reposts signal Mr. Trump’s willingness to continue to shatter longstanding norms of political speech

Again, let him do it. Surely, there are no women out there who have ever had rumors about their success in business or elsewhere be because they "slept their way to the top" and would be upset about him insinuating that is why Kamala is where she is due to that. 

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I meant the point of the tweet.

If you're not with them (in any capacity), you are the enemy.  It's how he has always operated. The Army said he shouldn't have pulled that stunt at Arlington, so he's gonna tell them to fuck off.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"We're having issues with women. What can we do to improve that?"

"Well Vance can tell Harris to go to hell and Trump can call her a slut?"

"Perfect!" 

They don't care.

Their goal is - muddy up the election, depress Democratic enthusiasm and try to win a low turnout election.  The problem:

• Biden isn't on the ticket anymore; therefore, Dems are super excited and enthused.  More so than the GOP.  In November 2016, GOP had the voter enthusiasm advantage, 51-48.  In October 2020, it was 70-63 in the Dems' favor. 
  • Voter engagement is the highest Gallup has ever recorded it for August of the election year.  And since Gallup has been recording it, it always increases between August and November.  Likely on pace to shatter 2004 or 2008 (84%, 81%). 
  • 8 in 10 voters have already made up their minds.  There not a lot of "new" voters for Trump to win. 
  • PA VBM requests have made it likely that 2024 is going to be on par with 2020, or even exceed it.  Also this isn't 2016 - Jill Stein isn't going to siphon off votes from Kamala at the level she did for Hillary, or RFK was doing to Biden before he dropped out. 

At this point, I think his goals are:

1. Keep the grift going.  Keep getting donations, keep siphoning off enough for future legal bills, etc.  Make as much as he can before he loses his second straight election. 

2. Hope and pray Biden or Harris takes pity on his old ass and pardons him (HA). 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

I want to fight him.

Back when I was living in bars, the Freddy Frats would use "fight" to mean "boxing match." My bouncer friend used "fight" to mean "I agree to a boxing match, and when you turn to walk outside, I smash a bottle on the back of your head."

Bars were fun.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Bloomberg/Morning Consult:

WI: Harris 52-44

PA: Harris 51-47

NV: Harris 49-45

MI: Harris 49-46

GA: Harris 49-47

NC: Harris 49-47

Arizona: 48-48

with bounce

image.png.0d6c170c048036418278e48ab47af643.png

Edited by Chopper
formatting
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

But Kamala doesn’t have any policies. She never talks about them. 

This is Trump’s speech on the economy. 

Fox was airing this and cut away mid sentence for Kamala’s rally lol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Everyone's clowning on the idiots who are trying to make this a thing.

I waited tables at Convict Hill Restaurant a jillion years ago.  While I was there, they instituted an AYCE fried shrimp night.  In order to have sufficient available fried shrimp to reload plates, they just kept frying batches and dumping them into a big metal bin under a heat lamp where the rest of the food orders would come up.  I'd stand there waiting on my other plates (a steak, meatloaf, whatever).....and pop fried shrimp into my mouth by the dozen.  Seriously, I'd eat probably 40 shrimp a shift every night we ran that special.

I was either never caught, or nobody who saw me gave a shit.

NO RAGRETS.

Also, "Server at Convict Hill Restaurant" hasn't ever been on any of my resumes.  Although maybe it should be.

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

Hey, @Brisketexan--anything you want to tell the people about your time as an employee of the Red Lobster Corporation, Inc?

Beat ya to it.  And it wasn't from my time at Red Lobster (and a fine time that was as well).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

If you're not with them (in any capacity), you are the enemy.  It's how he has always operated. The Army said he shouldn't have pulled that stunt at Arlington, so he's gonna tell them to fuck off.  

I am pretty comfortable with a former coup-plotter further alienating the Army.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1