2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

That would be 16 years. That goes back to 2008. Trump ran in 2015. From 2008 until then he was peddling the birther conspiracy theory but he wasn’t running for president. He ran on the Reform Party ticket in 2000 but was never a serious contender and that’s out of the timeframe anyway. 

Yeah, I ‘member Romney having to go kiss the ring in 2012 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That would be 16 years. 

A senior in college would effectively be in 16th grade.  

That’s ten years after 6th grade, so that sounds like it’s in the ballpark.  2015 -> 2024.

Edited by Welch
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Probably posted here somewhere, but Dotard says now he was "set up" by the current administration, at Arlington National Cemetery. 

This is just yet another example of something that would have completely tanked any other campaign in history. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That would be 16 years. That goes back to 2008. Trump ran in 2015. From 2008 until then he was peddling the birther conspiracy theory but he wasn’t running for president. He ran on the Reform Party ticket in 2000 but was never a serious contender and that’s out of the timeframe anyway. 

Huh? 16 years?

its 100% possible for a 6th grader in 2014 to be a college senior right now.

But let’s not derail this…

Just read that IVF costs 15-30k per cycle and is sometimes not successful, necessitating another round.

I just wonder what conservatives who actually favor small government must think of this.  I really don't understand it, to be honest. He's not going to get any women who weren't going to vote for him before to vote for him because of this but he very well might lose some of the traditional small government conservatives who are nauseated by the pandering. 

It offers up an opportunity for Kamala: "Look, these treatments are incredibly costly. They will grow the debt at a time when fiscal responsibility is in order.  Government should not be a nanny state."  

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

10 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

She is going to completely steal this idea within the next 24 hours.

As she should. Anytime turnip says he will do anything that the dems agree with (that they have clearly outlined he was previously against), they should double down and keep pulling the rope. It will pull turnip in a glass corner and she can fuck the shit out him at the debates. 

Edited by HOOKEM4
ousux
  • Hook 'Em 4

7 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

My fear has always been that those people will vote for the abortion referendum and then, thinking that they've protected abortion rights in their state, feel able to vote for Trump for president.

If they are paying attention enough to know that abortion is on the ballot and are concerned enough to support it, they most likely know Vance wants to shut it down nationally and that Trump has flip-flopped on it multiple times.

20 minutes ago, Welch said:

A senior in college would effectively be in 16th grade.  

That’s ten years after 6th grade, so that sounds like it’s in the ballpark.  2015 -> 2024.

Oops. Heh heh. I think after calculating the 16th grade I forgot where I was and that turned into 16 years. Trying to divide my attention between that, the Rutgers game, and the UNC-Minnesota pregame. (Go Gophers!)

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

That tie is 8 feet long 

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Just appears that way because he's got his pants pulled all the way up to his armpits to full cover his FUPA

why-not-both-why-not.gif

57 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Everything sounds great in a Mexican radio announcer's voice. Those motherfuckers love life, every word hitting like fresh rivets from a dude who just found out his 20-year-old mistress is going to name her baby after him and this one will bring him pride, hombre, not like that slacker poet gorducho ese sitting on the sofa at home playing sus bloop bloop bloop videojueguiiiitos to' el pinche día weyyy.

Yeah. So when I taught Spanish, and Tyler and Kendra would mope through their readings, I'd stop them, and ask them to get in touch with their inner Mexican radio announcers. Dunno if it helped, but at least I was less bored.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I waited tables at Convict Hill Restaurant a jillion years ago.  While I was there, they instituted an AYCE fried shrimp night.  In order to have sufficient available fried shrimp to reload plates, they just kept frying batches and dumping them into a big metal bin under a heat lamp where the rest of the food orders would come up.  I'd stand there waiting on my other plates (a steak, meatloaf, whatever).....and pop fried shrimp into my mouth by the dozen.  Seriously, I'd eat probably 40 shrimp a shift every night we ran that special.

I was either never caught, or nobody who saw me gave a shit.

NO RAGRETS.

Also, "Server at Convict Hill Restaurant" hasn't ever been on any of my resumes.  Although maybe it should be.

Beat ya to it.  And it wasn't from my time at Red Lobster (and a fine time that was as well).

Holy shit neighbor.  Born, raised and currently living in Oak Hill. Many memories of the Convict Hill restaurant as a kid. 

6 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

he is the author of the GOP paradigm shift that says you can’t be against the other person on ideas and policy, you have to personally demonize your opponent.   I am not saying that he invented negative campaigning, but he did insist that his contract with America troops start personally attacking Democrats and accusing them of horrific things to gain an electoral advantage.   It was so tremendously effective that it was adopted universally by the GOP.   Karl Rove fine tuned it - in that he discovered inventing bullshit wedge issues - like flag burning laws - allowed the GOP to accuse Democrats of being anti-American…. (Instead of being advocates of protecting constitutionally permissible rights. )

Monday Night Raw Yes GIF by WWE

Can you imagine MAGA freaking out over the idea of Ronald Reagan being good friend Tip O’Neil?

Even when things would get heated between them politically, they were still friends “after 6 o’clock” as O’Neil would say.

Gingrich rising to power as the Clintons came in wrecked all of that.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Just read that IVF costs 15-30k per cycle and is sometimes not successful, necessitating another round.

Wonder if he means to include egg donation in the give away. We had to go to Europe for that because American women and the companies they bank their eggs charge a LOT for them. And in Czechia there are laws in place to limit it.  
So much money in fees built in to take advantage of couples desperate to have a family. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

47 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yes. Insurance costs won’t go up universally to account for this. 

pffft Don't worry that will be paid by the government when they cut school lunches, SNAP, and public school funding!

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

Y'all are never gonna believe this story. (yes that's sarcasm)

image.png.bfea3f97d5fd83270d3144d8229c5011.png

image.thumb.png.baf0f5de6a52d78e6f71d9d361b27b83.png

rest of story from https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-koch-brothers-americans-for-prosperity-florida-black-b2602528.html

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Ironically, being a pageant girl from South Carolina, that woman is very likely a Trump supporter.

Welcome to the face eating leopards party!

• Hook 'Em 7

Turnip is just imitating his hero, Hitler.  In 1933 labor leaders and unions asked to have May 1 as a holiday to celebrate labor.  Hitler approved the holiday for union members, then outlawed labor unions the next day.  Turnip's plan would offer free IVF, then outlaw it.

• Hook 'Em 3