2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Not a single vote in America was impacted by that interview… as any sane human could have predicted. Look forward to the new “here’s what’s hurting Kamala” talking points being developed as we speak.

The panel was pretty much “didn’t move the needle, didn’t advance the ball or fumble it” type of analysis. She was in that interview who she’s been over the past month and that’s about all that she needed to do

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

movies-grown-ups.gif

Yeah...Rex Kramer's 18 year-old  frat bros that sang "there will never be a nigger SAE"...those guys are Trump voters.   I'm willing to wager that the they are still singing that song today.

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I waited tables at Convict Hill Restaurant a jillion years ago.  While I was there, they instituted an AYCE fried shrimp night.  In order to have sufficient available fried shrimp to reload plates, they just kept frying batches and dumping them into a big metal bin under a heat lamp where the rest of the food orders would come up.  I'd stand there waiting on my other plates (a steak, meatloaf, whatever).....and pop fried shrimp into my mouth by the dozen.  Seriously, I'd eat probably 40 shrimp a shift every night we ran that special.

I was either never caught, or nobody who saw me gave a shit.

NO RAGRETS.

Also, "Server at Convict Hill Restaurant" hasn't ever been on any of my resumes.  Although maybe it should be.

Beat ya to it.  And it wasn't from my time at Red Lobster (and a fine time that was as well).

Holy fuck...I ate at that place (assuming it was a single location) in maybe 1984 or '85?   I flew to Austin to visit my dad's uncle and take in the TCU game.  I absolutely remember that they picked me up at the airport on Friday evening, and took me there for dinner.  Was there a cheese soup thing?  Because I vaguely remember a cheese soup.

• Hook 'Em 2

She is going to completely steal this idea within the next 24 hours.

Nah.
I have to think a high percentage of Trump voters hate him but don’t care because they think he will enforce the fiscal policy they want. 8 years ago they voted for him to end Obamacare, now he is pledging to expand it. Shit, four years ago, Medicare 4 All was assumed to be a loser. Now he is talking picking up all costs for an elective procedure.

Maybe it’s not a big deal because no one believes he will do it.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Just read that IVF costs 15-30k per cycle and is sometimes not successful, necessitating another round.

I just wonder what conservatives who actually favor small government must think of this.  I really don't understand it, to be honest. He's not going to get any women who weren't going to vote for him before to vote for him because of this but he very well might lose some of the traditional small government conservatives who are nauseated by the pandering. 

It offers up an opportunity for Kamala: "Look, these treatments are incredibly costly. They will grow the debt at a time when fiscal responsibility is in order.  Government should not be a nanny state."  

It makes no sense. IVF will be almost certainly deemed illegal as soon as the next term of the Court. He's just pandering for votes. He's done it over and over and over. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chopper said:

On JD Vance, Dotard Trump, and a white supremacist patriarchy

image.png.e4119dacc06e373f126522306bd9d4cb.png

image.png.03a0137928cfe8ec0d4f3069c48c41d2.png

image.png.5d4103be16ab2efc326e845a701e5c96.png

image.thumb.png.83547a73ae97245102dd07ffe2f426cf.png

image.thumb.png.ad26425b9eac43e0d4bd808c9df30796.png

Emily is putting 50x the thought into rebutting a stupid tweet than its author did in writing it.  That’s a JD Vance win.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Emily is putting 50x the thought into rebutting a stupid tweet than its author did in writing it.  That’s a JD Vance win.  

Yesterday it was a blowjob meme from Drumpf, today's it's Miss S. Carolina. I found Emily's perspective informative. Obviously it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I am definitely interested to see the reaction her thread would draw on here. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Scott Jennings is a cunt

I had to look him up because I don't watch cable news for, as it turns out, exactly the type of reason you mention Scott Jennings. He's literally an advisor to Mitch McConnell and is working to advance the republikkkan party.

• Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I am definitely interested to see the reaction her thread would draw on here. 

My reaction is that any validity her argument might have is entirely undermined by a masterbatory series of tweets published on a platform unbefitting of the effort or sincerity of intent.  That said, I bet she feels triumphant after all of that so good for her, I guess.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Not a single vote in America was impacted by that interview… as any sane human could have predicted. Look forward to the new “here’s what’s hurting Kamala” talking points being developed as we speak.

I was out after 5 minutes.  Same old shit.

9 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

And she did all of that on BlueSky, where about six people will see it.

I guess she could be on twitter where accounts with 20,000 followers get 3 likes on their tweets, and other accounts, particularly women, get attacked by white supremacists and russian bots. 

Edited by Chopper
typo
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

Also, if you care about fertility options/benefits tell the HR department at your place of business about Progyny/Carrot/Kindbody. Do it because I make money off this

How much do you pay for almost-sober semi-retirees to accost passerby while wearing a sandwich board touting your wares, Sir?

18 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

My reaction is that any validity her argument might have is entirely undermined by a masterbatory series of tweets published on a platform unbefitting of the effort or sincerity of intent.  That said, I bet she feels triumphant after all of that so good for her, I guess.  

How could an argument have validity and also undermine itself? What does the platform she placed it on have to do with your perception that it's "masterbatory?" It's spelled with a "u" by the way. 

The vote of women is what will carry this election. I'm damn glad to see it happening, and jubilant that the racist, misogynist fucks are going to feel triggered.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, I doubt most people list their high school and college jobs on their resumes.  Hell, I had a buddy who spent two months at a truck stop giving blow jobs in the shower stalls.   It was nothing to be ashamed of outside of being labeled as a sex worker or something, but he still told everybody he was cleaning the shower stalls at the truck stop, and I doubt even the story about cleaning the stalls ended up on his resume.

You and @Macklemore go way back! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

How could an argument have validity and also undermine itself? What does the platform she placed it on have to do with your perception that it's "masterbatory?" It's spelled with a "u" by the way. 

The vote of women is what will carry this election. I'm damn glad to see it happening, and jubilant that the racist, misogynist fucks are going to feel triggered.  

Mayhaps he meant it insists upon itself

6 hours ago, Chopper said:

Yesterday it was a blowjob meme from Drumpf, today's it's Miss S. Carolina. I found Emily's perspective informative. Obviously it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I am definitely interested to see the reaction her thread would draw on here. 

She got the point across, but could have done it in one tweet instead of 100.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 hours ago, LCHorn said:

Yeah, she should place her thoughts on somewhere like Surly. But I guess you feel triumphant after your masturbatory post critiquing a woman for daring to have an opinion. 

• Hook 'Em 3