2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

16 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

MAGA dies with Trump. Hopefully whatever follows is not as monstrous. 

I bet Elmo takes up the mantle. He seems like he’d want to be a dictator. (Of course, not for president since he’s ineligible thank God.. But for sure as MAGA puppet master.)

• Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Something, something, Kamala flip flop.

I guess maybe this could have some minor impact on enthusiasm but it’s like when Trump said we should take guns before due process and @fattyflattie voted for him anyway- his voters (and this is especially true with evangelical pro-lifers) don’t care that Trump doesn’t care about policy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

9 hours ago, Okie State said:

Or a wealth tax on net worth over $100MM.

This was me last night. Listening to my broke friend's broke neighbor tell me about taxes. I had to squeeze my nuts to keep from saying, "You do not have enough income to even pay taxes, much less pay taxes on $100M."

Instead I said, "I'm pretty sure none of us make $100M a year, so that is a non issue."

She paused, stammered, realized she was broke and said, "Well, still..."

And that was it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

The damage Trump is doing to himself is playing out in private conversations like this: "We have a really good shot at taking the Senate. Manchin leaving gets us to 50. Tester is toast. That's 51. Between that and the Supreme Court, we can hold off Harris for two years and get more reinforcements then fight in 2028 for the White House. If Trump gets in, we set back the pro-life cause and free markets by a generation at least." You can say that is crazy talk. But that crazy talk is happening more and more. Trump, with Vance as his pick, hurt himself with the economic wing of the GOP. His Florida and IVF remarks hurt him with the pro-life wing. He was already hurt with the natsec wing. He's cutting off all three legs of the stool at the same time hoping "But Harris" saves him. He's got real damage control to do. No amount of bullying "but you're helping Harris" is going to fix this. Only Trump pivoting can.

I can't keep up with this shit.  Do we have video of Trump voicing a lack of support for the Florida 6 week abortion ban and now in favor of it, just days apart?  I have the reach of a hamster but I need all the ammo I can get.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I can't keep up with this shit.  Do we have video of Trump voicing a lack of support for the Florida 6 week abortion ban and now in favor of it, just days apart?  I have the reach of a hamster but I need all the ammo I can get.

• Haha 3

Yet again, Trump talks about people executing babies "after birth". He's been doing this for YEARS. I'm not surprised that this Fox reporter is just nodding along, but has ANY media outlet ever confronted him about this insane statement? If so, I haven't seen it. 

• Rage+1 3

Eh, those clips aren't going to sway anybody.  He's saying 6 weeks is too short but it's the lesser evil compared to 9 months (or the lunacy of "post birth abortion").

His mush brain actually gets him out of so many logical logjams.  

4 hours ago, Chopper said:

The decision to ignore people who said "Trump" and then hung up has to be one of the dumbest pollster decisions of all time. I'm not familiar with the story other than reading it in this thread though I accept it as true. It's so jaw droppingly stupid it seems like a good reason to ignore the pollsters, even the well-rated ones, especially this far out from the election. I believe there's too much focus on the polling/horse race right now, and that there's no magic national vote percentage that would give Harris the electoral vote she needs - gotta go state by state, county by county.

I understand what you're saying, but this is typically what surveyors do with incomplete data. With so many incomplete fields, it would be hard to confirm validity and mitigate risk of bias.

1 minute ago, quigley said:

I understand what you're saying, but this is typically what surveyors do with incomplete data. With so many incomplete fields, it would be hard to confirm validity and mitigate risk of bias.

And that’s why the 2020 polls stunk it up 

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Eh, those clips aren't going to sway anybody.  He's saying 6 weeks is too short but it's the lesser evil compared to 9 months (or the lunacy of "post birth abortion").

Maybe, but it's a clear sign Trump's in trouble. Yesterday he wanted to vote against the 6 week ban because he knows he's losing BIGLY on reproductive rights. But then it looks like he got a call from some very angry and powerful pro-lifers and was told to support the ban or else. 

He's flailing. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

No.  His idiotic followers who refuse to hold him accountable for anything he says or does is what gets him out of so many logical logjams.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

They haven't succeeded in doing that so far. They are all weird. And frankly, getting fucking weirder. See

• Ron DeSantis
  • JD Vance
  • Matt Gaetz
  • Lauren Boebert (although, frankly, this may be there closest one)
  • Kari Lake
  • Majorie Taylor Greene
  • Josh Hawley
  • Vivek Ramaswamy

You're leaving out Robert F Kennedy Jr in that field.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

No.  His idiotic followers who refuse to hold him accountable for anything he says or does is what gets him out of so many logical logjams.

And the complicit media. Dana Bash probably won’t ask about his one day flip flop. Probably more about his “brave decision” or some shit

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Maybe, but it's a clear sign Trump's in trouble. Yesterday he wanted to vote against the 6 week ban because he knows he's losing BIGLY on reproductive rights. But then it looks like he got a call from some very angry and powerful pro-lifers and was told to support the ban or else. 

He's flailing. 

This is where not having a coherent campaign manager/strategist like Karl Rove is torpedoing Trump's campaign - there's a reason George W. Bush called Rove "The Architect".

Trump bouncing around like this is not only makes him look even more incompetent than usual and it's not getting new people out to vote for him. It's killing the enthusiasm of Republicans as well.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

My grandmother would simultaneously suggest I'm not eating enough, eating too much, and need to become strong like her (which little kid me did think she was freakishly strong). Maybe that comes from escaping machine gun fire from the Japanese and then the communists, and then pretending to be boy to hitch a boat to India and then the US all before the age of 14. I don't know. 

I never knew you were a real life Chinaman. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

They haven't succeeded in doing that so far. They are all weird. And frankly, getting fucking weirder. See

• Ron DeSantis
  • JD Vance
  • Matt Gaetz
  • Lauren Boebert (although, frankly, this may be there closest one)
  • Kari Lake
  • Majorie Taylor Greene
  • Josh Hawley
  • Vivek Ramaswamy

You forgot Mike Johnson.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Watching college football on multiversity on yttv and the only ads I have seen are trading Kamala on the border. Worst border crisis ever. Fucking really? Show me. Prove it. Just saying it doesn't make it real. So maddening 

SAN FRANCISCO LIBERAL!

<drink>

33 minutes ago, quigley said:

I was explaining the rationale, not defending the rationale.

Right, but pretend you were the pollster in charge, and you got a couple back to back workers asking you which box to classify the mad person who yelled, "I'm voting for -dipshit!- and then hung up. It's inconceivable to me that in a political poll anyone would mark down the angry people saying they're going to vote for the angry candidate as "incomplete" and ignore it. It may be routine in other scenarios, like obtaining data about a film that just came out. But in the A or B scenario they're telling you the only thing you need to know, and the certainty of their feelings/intention to vote can easily be inferred. Info like attitudes about the economy or whatever are absolutely secondary in that scenario. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Watching college football on multiversity on yttv and the only ads I have seen are trading Kamala on the border. Worst border crisis ever. Fucking really? Show me. Prove it. Just saying it doesn't make it real. So maddening 

I just saw one for some type of “patriots” prepper 72 hour meal survival kit lol buy one get two free!!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Media is completely broken. 

JFC

"Trump said the moon is made of Swiss cheese. What do you have to say about that?"

"(rolls eyes) Let's just move on."

HARRIS REFUSES TO ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE MOON!! WHAT ELSE IS SHE HIDING!!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Yet again, Trump talks about people executing babies "after birth". He's been doing this for YEARS. I'm not surprised that this Fox reporter is just nodding along, but has ANY media outlet ever confronted him about this insane statement? If so, I haven't seen it. 

The black journalists did.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is where not having a coherent campaign manager/strategist like Karl Rove is torpedoing Trump's campaign - there's a reason George W. Bush called Rove "The Architect".

Aka “Turd Blossom.”