2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Are you familiar with the punch line to how many smu students does it take to change a light bulb?

What's the punchline?

Q: How many Austinites does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: 3. One to change the lightbulb. Two to talk about how great the old lightbulb was.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bojack said:

What's the punchline?

Q: How many Austinites does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: 3. One to change the lightbulb. Two to talk about how great the old lightbulb was.

3.  Two to mix the drinks and one to call his daddy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

19 minutes ago, Js1 said:

@Tuco

I want to believe.   But, reading the link, it includes internet opt-in panels (rather than randomly selected), so big grain of salt.  Although the fact that the Senate and House race seem wild while the state-wide presidential race seems reasonable givex you some hope.  And Fischer is terrible.  I think she's been there 12 years and hasn't had a public event in Omaha.  She absolutely feeds into that rural vs. urban division.    

29 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I'd think the former Commander in Chief not knowing the "rules" at Arlington National Cemetery prohibit using it as a political prop would be a red flag.

But, here we are 

Even kindergartners know the first rule is to listen to the teacher.  Trump can't claim they didn't know the rules when Arlington staff tried to shut it down.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Trump blames families, Biden administration for Arlington National Cemetery disaster.

Who's going to explain to the "tough on crime" candidate that ignorance of the law is not an affirmative defense?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Do feel like a live in a different reality when I randomly read the comments from MAGA world. Are millions of Americans that fear that Kamala will drive us into communist bread lines. And think it's perfectly okay to say Kamala giving blowjobs was how she became the VP. Or because she didn't have kids it makes her lesser somehow.

Feel a mostly straight white community that are deathly afraid of becoming the minority.

• Hook 'Em 4

23 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This is exactly right. 

If mad scientists in a lab tried to engineer a candidate that would piss off as many women as possible, I'm not sure they could do a better job than this fucking guy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

2 minutes ago, LTbear said:

What's the story behind this? Ben tried to prove he's a man by buying a single board? And weirdly putting it in a bag?

That and he was showing support to the company because it did or said something anti-woke, so it was performative owning of the Libs

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Do feel like a live in a different reality when I randomly read the comments from MAGA world. Are millions of Americans that fear that Kamala will drive us into communist bread lines.

They thought the same thing about Barrack Hussein Obama. And sorta Biden.

The fact that Trump and MAGA are so angry about Biden being out speaks volumes - they know a lot of people aren’t buying what they are selling.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Shit, we should just challenge these choads to a “basic manhood test” competition.

Change a tire
Check and add oil
Load, fire, and break down a bolt-action rifle and a pump shotgun.
Install a ceiling fan
Retrieve something caught in a drain trap
Cook a steak
Hold a door open for someone else (will they do it?)
Bait a hook and cast a bait caster
Bring a woman to orgasm (that last part may be PPV, but for them, it should be aired on Comedy Central)

Change "install ceiling fan" to "perform interpretive dance in East German cabaret," and I've got that list locked down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Change "install ceiling fan" to "perform interpretive dance in East German cabaret," and I've got that list locked down.

Yeah, install a ceiling fan? Fuck it, the fascists can win at that point.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 hours ago, chainsaw said:

That and he was showing support to the company because it did or said something anti-woke, so it was performative owning of the Libs

A 1”x36” common board from HD costs like $3. Way to show your support Ben. The plastic bag probably cut significantly into their profit margin on that purchase.

13 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

They thought the same thing about Barrack Hussein Obama. And sorta Biden.

The fact that Trump and MAGA are so angry about Biden being out speaks volumes - they know a lot of people aren’t buying what they are selling.

What's sort of ironic is that POTUS, under most conventional conceptions of the office, lacks the power to do any such thing, even if s/he were inclined to do so.

It is, however, conservatives that want to gridlock Congress and give the power to do such a thing to the Executive.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, cactusflinthead said:

Thought about that too. Has to be people that are holding their nose and voting for Diaper Don. Double haters that are breaking his way.

the non-MAGA GOP will hold their nose to vote for tax cuts.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"Donald Trump (-25%)

33% favorable 58% unfavorable"

How can this be a close race with those kinds of numbers for Dotard?

The electoral college, America. Everyone fucking hates this dude, but it's important that Iowa gets to decide the Presidency.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2