2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

On 8/30/2024 at 9:52 AM, Chopper said:

b) institutions like the NYT are controlled by white men who fail to recognize their own bias. That's one big reason Drumpf and Sofafucker can get away with and skate right past crap like this and a woman in the same situation could not. 

He fucked couches.  Not sofas.

StaaaaaaaaaaHp

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

JD Vance was bought by billionaire Peter Theil through Don Jr. Luckily Theil has bad instincts so far but it's scary.

Wonder how long until Elon Musk is deciding the VP for Republicans.

Theil is a dangerous motherfucker in many ways, but the one saving grace is that he has basically a negative social IQ. He was also responsible for that Blake Masters freak who is widely regarded as maybe the worst  candidate of all time.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Wait, ballots go out in some states in like 1.5 weeks right?

Nervous GIF by Big Brother

Yeah. That’s why NC refused to take off RFK. They’re sending them out extremely soon. Like, the week after the debate soon

Would recommend the AOC / Bernie podcast on Bernies YouTube from 3 months ago if any of yall get bored. Some good discussion about organizing on the grass roots level.

Let's be honest- Trump is a dumbass but he doesn't impact our lives the same way local leaders do. Texas is 42nd in school funding and 43rd in healthcare outcomes? Someone fact check that to make sure.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.axios.com/2024/08/08/kamala-harris-obama-wisconsin-swing-voters

Some Wisconsin swing voters say they are "relieved" or "cautiously optimistic" when they see Vice President Kamala Harris, according to our latest focus group with Engagious/Sago.

Why it matters: These voters, who backed President Biden in 2020 after backing former President Trump in 2016, indicated that Harris injects new energy into the 2024 race.

• "She thinks things out and I like that, when she talks, she does it with a sense of authority and that means a lot," said respondent Dolly A. 
  • "When I hear her talk, she talks eloquently and that makes a big difference to me." 
  • While a focus group is not a statistically significant sample like a poll, the responses show how some voters are thinking and talking about current events.

Driving the news: When asked which of the last three Democratic Party nominees Harris is most similar to, nine of the 12 respondents said former President Obama.

• "To me, I think they're both really high energy speakers, very eloquent with their words and it kind of says to me, leadership," said respondent Jerry M.
  • "I think they bring a new ... intelligence and energy to an outgoing kind of stuffy administration," said Sebastian P. 
  • Nine of the respondents are independent, two are Democrats and one is a Republican.

Between the lines: "Even though Harris serves alongside Biden, and is the same gender as Hillary Clinton, most respondents said that among the last three Democratic nominees, Harris is most similar to Obama," said Rich Thau, President of Engagious, who moderated the focus groups.

Zoom in: 11 of the 12 respondents said, if they had to hypothetically bet $50 on the results of the 2024 election, Harris would win.

• "She's Black, she's a woman. I feel like that is two things that most people are going to focus on her, age, what she looks like ... That's a good push for her, I think a lot of people are just going to vote for that," said respondent Tierra H.
  • "A lot of people of color are going to be like, they want to see someone of color, they want to see someone that looks like them," Tierra H. said. 
  • "I think [Hillary] Clinton would've won if people weren't apathetic last time and I know people are not apathetic now," said John G.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

He really couldn't have made a worse VP selection, barring maybe Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby.

I think he's going to hold it against Donald Jr., who apparently convinced him that Vance should be the choice, for the rest of his life. Because he, Donald Sr., can't make a mistake without it really being somebody else's fault. I'd love to see Trump give all of his money to Ivanka while screwing the rest of the family out of their inheritance. 

• Hook 'Em 2

This week starts the crucial 3 week stretch.

With an assist from media and social media palz Trump is taking the discourse back over.  Harris needs to flood the zone for the next 10 days - events, rallies, announcements, etc. Interviews are fine, but they need to be social media friendly and newsworthy - Roland Martin and Charlamagne would be OK, but weird long form ones with fanatical audiences would be ideal -  Joe Rogan, Theo Von, Lex Fridman, Travis and Jason Kelce.

She also needs to be on offense during the debate and to be as aggressive as possible. Ideally he'll start whining about how unfair it is, and she should make fun of him and ideally laugh at him during the debate.

Saturate paid media for 10 days or so following the debate, and minds are made up. It's GOTV from that point forward. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Interviews are fine, but they need to be social media friendly and newsworthy - Roland Martin and Charlamagne would be OK, b

No GIF by NETFLIX

There are better Black podcasters out there with more significant audiences and who aren’t hated by the community.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

With an assist from media and social media palz Trump is taking the discourse back over.  Harris needs to flood the zone for the next 10 days - events, rallies, announcements, etc. Interviews are fine, but they need to be social media friendly and newsworthy - Roland Martin and Charlamagne would be OK, but weird long form ones with fanatical audiences would be ideal -  Joe Rogan, Theo Von, Lex Fridman, Travis and Jason Kelce.

She also needs to be on offense during the debate and to be as aggressive as possible. Ideally he'll start whining about how unfair it is, and she should make fun of him and ideally laugh at him during the debate.

Saturate paid media for 10 days or so following the debate, and minds are made up. It's GOTV from that point forward. 

I read that in 2016 the media, CNN, MSNBC, FoxNews, would show Trump at his rallies for a full 2 hours and every program would spend most of their time reporting and talking about him. It was estimated to be 3-4 billion dollars worth of free advertising and it's what got him elected. That can't happen again and I'm hoping they've learned from what they did.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

what got him elected

That, but also

• The Comey Letter
  • Hillary herself (decades of being defined as shrill, conniving, complicit in a bunch of suspicious murders, and responsible for Benghazi)
  • Hillary's campaign (neglecting Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania)
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

I read that in 2016 the media, CNN, MSNBC, FoxNews, would show Trump at his rallies for a full 2 hours and every program would spend most of their time reporting and talking about him. It was estimated to be 3-4 billion dollars worth of free advertising and it's what got him elected. That can't happen again and I'm hoping they've learned from what they did.  

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

She can point to already being VP, so fuck all this.  And it just as well could happen when Trump sells the government like pieces of his suit to bidders.  

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

In the meantime, she should publicly ask during media interviews don't you think it's weird that Trump's tax returns still haven't gone public after 8 years and what happened to the IRS on these matters, how is his rape appeal going, when does he expect his other cases to get settled and how many are they up to, when will he finally provide his evidence of election fraud, especially since this sets the foundation for further claims of election fraud--which is entirely unfounded,  how do they get to determine that election fraud only happens in Democrat won counties, how does he determine which musical artists songs his campaign will steal next, with all the lawsuits team trump is now juggling, how does this not compromise any values they claim to represent, much less not make them targets for blackmail, where's Melania, really weird we never see her anymore--force him to defend her accusations at every public appearance.  

The media won't ask on their own, but if these become her messages, then they have to ask somebody and these accusations will make every station coast to coast.  They can't say these concerns aren't valid. Repeat again and again so the public asks these questions in their regular conversations.  If nothing else, they have say she makes up good points...

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

No GIF by NETFLIX

There are better Black podcasters out there with more significant audiences and who aren’t hated by the community.

No doubt, but the point isn’t really the audience for the interview, the point is the newsworthiness of the event. For better or worse, mainstream white women are sort of aware of Charlemagne and Roland Martin. 🤷

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

7 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

No doubt, but the point isn’t really the audience for the interview, the point is the newsworthiness of the event. For better or worse, mainstream white women are sort of aware of Charlemagne and Roland Martin. 🤷

umno no GIF by YoungerTV

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brandywine said:

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

That, but also

• The Comey Letter
  • Hillary herself (decades of being defined as shrill, conniving, complicit in a bunch of suspicious murders, and responsible for Benghazi)
  • Hillary's campaign (neglecting Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania)

The good new is that these days, anytime Trump gets any major, sustained attention from the mews media (and social media), it’s usually because he or Vance royally fucked up, whether it’s the Medal of Honor thing, or Arlington, or the donut shop, or the firefighters Union, or Vance mocking some beauty pageant Queen (who happens to ironically be MAGA), or Trump flip-flopping on abortion, or IVF, or the NABJ fiasco , or whatever.

Shit, we are just a few months removed from the shooting, and he doesn’t talk about it and nobody seems to care., and when it seems to bubble up,it’s because some MAGA dipshit thinks it was staged,

Meanwhile, we see stuff go viral for Harris/Walz in a positive light, and we don’t see fuckups from them being blasted across the media, because they aren’t fucking up and are able to interact with humans normally.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1