2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

It makes perfect sense, because…and follow me here…local law enforcement in the US is a criminal enterprise. They act solely in their own interest. They act as if laws do not apply to them (and they’re mostly right). Contempt for the rule of law and for their fellow Americans? The FOP and Trump are cut from the same cloth.

That and the orange turd said he wants to make all cops immune to prosecution while on the clock. No more pesky internal investigations over dead minorities with bullet holes in their backs.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

It makes perfect sense, because…and follow me here…local law enforcement in the US is a criminal enterprise. They act solely in their own interest. They act as if laws do not apply to them (and they’re mostly right). Contempt for the rule of law and for their fellow Americans? The FOP and Trump are cut from the same cloth.

Go watch Telemarketers on HBO and it explains everything. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Grande Mart said:

Had a friend at UT that started working for one of those call centers in Austin in the 90’s. He eventually dropped out of school because he was actually making what seemed like a good amount for a 19 year old kid at the time. 

I’ve said it multiple times on this board, but i worked for the newer version of one of these companies in Dallas for a hot minute. Basically a fraudulent web advertising company. Same concept. See my comment above.  Infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I’ve said it multiple times on this board, but i worked for the newer version of one of these companies in Dallas for a hot minute. Basically a fraudulent web advertising company. Same concept. See my comment above.  Infuriating. 

Yeah, another example of an enterprise with zero redeeming value or benefit for society 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

DIck Cheney is the monstrous war criminal of our times who  in any just society would have had his head chopped off by now.   If Kissinger had been capable of blushing Cheney would have made it happen.

Cheney is an evil, genocidal fuck, but Kissinger is not far behind.  Henry was a classic 19th Century Imperial colonialist.  

Edited by TeeDubya
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It's more than they are just a band of criminals in their own right, they are collectively scared for their jobs, as they should be.  I looked it up the other day, and in the county were I live, population around 300k, between the Sheriff's department, and all the individual cities with their own departments, we have at least 4,000 cops.  Mind you this isn't Texas with huge counties or anything like that, it's not even a large county by Georgia standards.  4,000!  Mind you, crime here is pretty low, mainly the garden variety DUI, some shoplifting, and drug arrests.  

We have our own SWAT team, with tanks and bullshit it's fucking ridiculous.  A few months ago, a guy in a neighborhood across the street had a mental health breakdown, the SWAT showed up, and the end result was that the SWAT team burned the house down  They of course, were hailed as heroes that saved the day by the local  media.  Those of us nearby were baffled.  They came in like cowboys on tank, shot explosive tear gas into a house, and of course it burned to the ground.  I'm sure that was a big fucking help to the guy in the midst of mental health crisis.  

I can't wait for us to legalize drugs and ditch most of these idiots.  Right now I would encourage anyone to just do a quick search in your own county to figure out just how many cops you have, I think you will be surprised.  I know I more or less live in a police state, and I'm betting you do as well.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

It's more than they are just a band of criminals in their own right, they are collectively scared for their jobs, as they should be.  I looked it up the other day, and in the county were I live, population around 300k, between the Sheriff's department, and all the individual cities with their own departments, we have at least 4,000 cops.  Mind you this isn't Texas with huge counties or anything like that, it's not even a large county by Georgia standards.  4,000!  Mind you, crime here is pretty low, mainly the garden variety DUI, some shoplifting, and drug arrests.  

We have our own SWAT team, with tanks and bullshit it's fucking ridiculous.  A few months ago, a guy in a neighborhood across the street had a mental health breakdown, the SWAT showed up, and the end result was that the SWAT team burned the house down  They of course, were hailed as heroes that saved the day by the local  media.  Those of us nearby were baffled.  They came in like cowboys on tank, shot explosive tear gas into a house, and of course it burned to the ground.  I'm sure that was a big fucking help to the guy in the midst of mental health crisis.  

I can't wait for us to legalize drugs and ditch most of these idiots.  Right now I would encourage anyone to just do a quick search in your own county to figure out just how many cops you have, I think you will be surprised.  I know I more or less live in a police state, and I'm betting you do as well.  

I wish there was a “fucking hopeless” reaction for this.  Damn

3 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Cities are slowly fixing this.  At least in blue states.  Rural America will end up even more of a shithole than it is now.  Sorry for those of you who can’t escape.  But fuck the vast majority of those backwards ass MF’s.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

finally ….

Related to this, it always bugs the hell out of me how rare it is for anyone to call don Old a fucking liar. The news never does and can't remember any of the 3 dem campaigns or candidates calling it to his fat fucking face.  All of them always say demonstrably false, untruthful, false or misleading claim, falsehoods, misstatements, etc. It's like they can't use the one vernacular word that even the dumbest low iq voter will understand. Dotard uses it all the time and it is ceding an easy win to that skidmark. Stop using "big" words and call the chump a liar.

Edited by achooloco
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Pancho said:

If Texas is a toss-up, a bunch of those other "toss-up" states aren't. 

Wait I just noticed that Virginia is also called a toss-up. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Edited by Red Five
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

My cousin's husband is a cop in North Carolina.  I'm afraid to ask her where he stands on Trump.

Let us know if you find the one non Trumper cop in the country. Kinda like seeing a unicorn.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Can we never go back to the "classy and civil" Democratic Party ever again?

I disagree. Nothing they have done so far IMO has been uncivil or lacking in class. It’s all lighthearted and accurate which IMO is more devastating to  MAGA and doesn’t turn off the disinterested folks that reflexively vote republican 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I disagree. Nothing they have done so far IMO has been uncivil or lacking in class. It’s all lighthearted and accurate which IMO is more devastating to  MAGA and doesn’t turn off the disinterested folks that reflexively vote republican 

Yup, half the stuff they are doing is just reposting the dumb and weird shit that dotard and Vance say.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Essentially this, which will all get behind:
image.png.445f304917e4674cd6412b58f8feac3b.png
Why should we have to harden schools? The problem isn't with the schools, it's with the shooters and the ease with which they can access massively lethal weapons. 

From the local news in Beaumont a while back.

c6c186ffb13c6f6e376305d582af4166.png
  • Haha 3