2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

6 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I am banking on 2 years of snow/cold and my wife will be ready to go.

Ha!

When I first got married, my wife told me she never wanted to live anywhere colder than "here".   She's a Florida girl and we live in S. Florida.  I think she's coming around, this summer has been brutally hot.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, G650 said:

Dude the property is crazy cheap. You could retire there easier than any of these places.

Feel free to tell me about your citizenship/passport solution, sir. But my wife won't leave our kiddo that far behind. 

56 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

To be honest we've been looking abroad. There are a lot of places that will basically give you property if you base your business there. Italy is one of them. However, my daughter is a type 1 diabetic or we would be out of here. My wife loves the idea of moving abroad but is terrified to go that far away in case of complications. After the kid got a D1 scholly for vball the wife started looking in the area. Looks like we will be buying property in the NE. We may buy something and hang out for the 1st couple years. Then bounce when she is a Jr and leave her the house.

See above. I'm in the same boat with my wife. 

30 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

There are some pretty places in WV where one could live high on the hog for the rest of my life with little effort.......but not my black ass! There ain't no way I am rolling the dice with the Hatfields being the people I have to lean on.

That's why I need them to die, so normal people can move back in there, my man. 

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Sadly true.  There is so much footage of him getting the craziest most insane stuff and the news will pick the one sane clip.  Baffling.  

They are calling it “sanewashing”.   She needs to leverage the “They are out of their mind” from the convention speech into this debate.  Would love to see that. 

My hope is that she is like fucking Ali rope a doping him with greyrocking, peppering him with little jabs at his ability to do the job then at 10:30 eastern when he is tired, fucking knock his ass out.  Like really walk over there and knock his ass out. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Man it just feels so weird

But if she can move the needle a little with Haley voters to give em cover 

I hope they've hired the best analytics guys and hyper-precise voter information so they know the exact coordinates of these people and focus the Haley/Cheney campaigning to those and ONLY those potential voters.

• Hook 'Em 4

They are calling it “sanewashing”.   She needs to leverage the “They are out of their mind” from the convention speech into this debate.  Would love to see that. 

My hope is that she is like fucking Ali rope a doping him with greyrocking, peppering him with little jabs at his ability to do the job then at 10:30 eastern when he is tired, fucking knock his ass out.  Like really walk over there and knock his ass out. 

How about “America is sick of the hate, sick of the lies, sick of the felonies…. America is sick of you.”

Stuff like that.
  • Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

i think she can win by TKO if she can bait Trump into walking off the stage midway through.  it's possible.  she knows how to push his buttons.  fuck policy.  remind the American people that Trump is a failed businessman.  he's a con-man.  question his intelligence.  "He loves to tell you about his uncle at MIT to make you think he's smart.  But Mr. Trump is not a smart man."  discuss how old Trump is and how he forgets people and events.  talk about the crowd sizes.  "We had 2, 3, even 4 times the size crowds that Mr. Trump had in the same building."  play off of Obama's size joke.  "Mr. Trump wants to remind you that he's taller than me.  But really, he's a very small man." and do the hand thing.

200.webp

and refer to Trump as weird, and give examples.

Trump will be so pissed he'll just take his ball and go home. and that will be a win by TKO.

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

36 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

We were looking on zillow and you can buy a whole house in the town where my daughter is headed for school for under 100k and it isn't in terrible shape. Wild! Pay cash. Fix it up. Have her rent out a couple rooms to pay the utilities. She can rent it out through graduate school, sell, then use that as a DP for her real house. Generational wealth and all that. I am banking on 2 years of snow/cold and my wife will be ready to go.

Detroit?

I was surprised how many houses in Detroit are for sale under $50K.

• Haha 1

I don't think people who are still undecided are the type of people who watch debates. The vast majority of them probably don't even know it's happening and likely aren't even sure when the election will be held. Anyone who doesn't know the difference between these two by now are just not paying attention including that their social media doesn't feed them political information or they just scroll through anything related to the news. I still hope she mops the floor with him so that he cries himself to sleep.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Do we not have a boring real estate thread or something? 

We have an exciting, electric real estate thread, but no, not a boring one. 

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

I don't think people who are still undecided are the type of people who watch debates. The vast majority of them probably don't even know it's happening and likely aren't even sure when the election will be held. Anyone who doesn't know the difference between these two by now are just not paying attention including that their social media doesn't feed them political information or they just scroll through anything related to the news. I still hope she mops the floor with him so that he cries himself to sleep.

I bet there’s .5-.75% that does, and that will matter. 

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Aside from real estate discussion:

GXIm6YoXwAAk1aX?format=jpg&name=medium

Is he uh, under the impression that the federal government shut down would stop democrats doing ANYTHING with voter registrations, which are run entirely by the individual states.

Literally, this motherfucker doesn't even understand the fucking most basic shit a 7th grade history student learns. It's un fucking believable. 

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I hope they've hired the best analytics guys and hyper-precise voter information so they know the exact coordinates of these people and focus the Haley/Cheney campaigning to those and ONLY those potential voters.

When Cheney came out for Harris I thought “nobody gives a shit what a traditional Republican house Rep from Wyoming thinks besides Democrats.”  That said, people like Adam Kinzinger seem to think it’s a big deal so I guess I’ll go with it.  

I’ve tried to search my mind for a Republican that is both popular and not for Trump and can’t think of any now that GHWB and McCain have passed away.  

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Is he uh, under the impression that the federal government shut down would stop democrats doing ANYTHING with voter registrations, which are run entirely by the individual states.

Literally, this motherfucker doesn't even understand the fucking most basic shit a 7th grade history student learns. It's un fucking believable. 

Don’t act so surprised. We already know he doesn’t know shit 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, LCHorn said:

When Cheney came out for Harris I thought “nobody gives a shit what a traditional Republican house Rep from Wyoming thinks besides Democrats.”  That said, people like Adam Kinzinger seem to think it’s a big deal so I guess I’ll go with it.  

I’ve tried to search my mind for a Republican that is both popular and not for Trump and can’t think of any now that GHWB and McCain have passed away.  

The best you'll find are lukewarm Trump-agnostic career politicians with strong regional name recognition like Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins, and Larry Hogan. They don't quite oppose Trump the way Kinziger and Cheney have, but they're not kissing his ass either.

Just now, austingirl said:

The fuck is he talking about?

The media is taking that one poll from the NYT as absolute gospel. You know, the one that was R+3 in the sample and had rural voters at almost 40% of the electorate lol

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, G650 said:

I've always felt Scrooge was an underutilized gif.

I'm actually closing on a house and moving in town in a week and a half, so my ass isn't going anywhere for quite some time unfortunately.

I mean, on the water. With a dock and stuff.

There's a 5 acre lot on the water (Puget Sound) for 495k about a nile down the road from me.

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Womp, womp.

He's not entirely wrong. I don't agree that her losing is a given, but I do agree that there's a reason why she has been losing momentum and the biggest reason is she moved too far to the right (foolishly thinking she could pick up votes from the center).

It’s not that Harris should be out there talking about police abolition, but there is a middle ground that has been abandoned. There is considerable risk that Democrats might ultimately feel resentful that they united to push Biden out of the race only to see him replaced by someone running to the right of John Kerry. As Perry Bacon Jr. wrote recently, “Everyone on the left is unlikely to sit quietly while the Democratic presidential candidate moves right.” The decision to exclude a Palestinian speaker from the DNC, for example, only reinforced the perception that the Harris campaign has decided to treat the party’s left flank as an adversary rather than an ally. Unsurprisingly, Harris’ numbers among young voters have slipped over the past month without any offsetting gains with 2020 Trump voters or independents.

On immigration

The Harris campaign’s searing rhetoric about immigration also leaves the U.S. with two major parties that seem to want to do the same thing: close the border and deport as many people as possible who have immigrated illegally. Judging from campaign talking points, the parties differ only in how humanely they plan to achieve these goals. The new Harris–Walz issue page gestures at comprehensive immigration reform, but it reads like an afterthought. The section consists mostly of a promise to sign the scuttled 2024 bipartisan border-security bill, which itself was a near-total capitulation for Democrats. This strategy also leaves Harris and down-ballot Democrats bereft of a positive policy agenda about the issue or the ability to explain immigration’s many benefits—that it is crucial to the economy, gives the U.S. a huge advantage over competitors, and is vital to maintaining the kind of age balance in the population that our peer countries are struggling with.

On messaging

It’s OK for her to walk back or fine-tune some positions she adopted in 2019. That’s politics. But her ballyhooed CNN interview with Dana Bash showcased a candidate who wasn’t willing to even narrate the shift in her thinking on issues like fracking. She could have said, “I remain committed to moving away from dependence on fossil fuels, but after listening to Pennsylvanians as vice president, I became convinced that fracking has to remain part of our energy portfolio for the foreseeable future.” That would be much more convincing than saying, repeatedly, “My values haven’t changed.”

I agree she needs to purge the losers from her campaign team

One source of change is freely available: Harris could jettison some of the overcautious, out-of-touch campaign staffers that she inherited from the abysmal Biden reelection campaign and replace them with outside-the-box thinkers committed to a bolder vision. After all, Tuesday night’s debate might be one of Harris’ last opportunities to regain her momentum by tapping into Americans’ desire for a new direction. If not, the “context of all in which you live and what came before you” will forever include another four years of Donald Trump.

Shitty headline but I guess Slate wants to clickbait people.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

He's not entirely wrong. I don't agree that her losing is a given, but I do agree that there's a reason why she has been losing momentum and the biggest reason is she moved too far to the right (foolishly thinking she could pick up votes from the center).

On immigration

On messaging

The for profit media complex is exhausting.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

36 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Womp, womp.

Weird, it says left, but I think they must have hired MC Fresh Breath to be editor.

image.png.99caa75b79712fb9f94e52e50b92af54.png

31 minutes ago, austingirl said:

The fuck is he talking about?

I've read the article it's shit. He's just pandering to the far, far left and not reality. 

21 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

On immigration

On messaging

See? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, I may be starting to lean against voting for Kamala.  Why?

Because today I have been getting texts at the rate of 1 every 10-15 minutes of "THE DEBATE IS HAPPENING TONIGHT!  DONATE NOW TO HELP KAMALA SEND TRUMP TO THE TRASH HEAP!" (or any of literally DOZENS of variations of that message of "debate's tonight, send money").  My fucking phone is lighting up.  "Delete and Report Junk" does absolutely nothing.

Fucking seriously.  Just fucking stop.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Because today I have been getting texts at the rate of 1 every 10-15 minutes of "THE DEBATE IS HAPPENING TONIGHT!  DONATE NOW TO HELP KAMALA SEND TRUMP TO THE TRASH HEAP!" (or any of literally DOZENS of variations of that message of "debate's tonight, send money").  My fucking phone is lighting up.  "Delete and Report Junk" does absolutely nothing.

You feed the bears, the bears come back with greater frequency and in greater numbers.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Someone needs to run for office on a pledge to make this shit illegal. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Sometimes I doubt your committment to sparkle motion. Just admit you want the fat orange fascist to win, you fucking dick. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Redfield Wilton, which is a UK firm that leans to the right in their polling.  Also has NC with a Harris lead (+1) after two yesterday showing +3.

She's also leading in WI and MI.  

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Have you just replied STOP? because that works for me. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Aside from real estate discussion:

GXIm6YoXwAAk1aX?format=jpg&name=medium

He's already sowing the seeds to claim election fraud when and if he loses.  And his horde of morons doesn't have the basic civics education to see the glaring problem with this propaganda.

Shit's gonna get ugly no matter who wins this election.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2