2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Just now, Pancho said:

Is there a scenario where Harris loses PA and UGA but still wins?

I mean, if you're including scenarios like she flips texas or florida, sure. Otherwise, lol no. 

Seriously, if she loses PA and GA, she has to win AZ and NV and NC. That's the only path. 

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'd like to see the evidence that Harris is shedding younger voters.

I’m skeptical of this, as well.  I think most of the disgusted far left has had their tantrum over Gaza, the border, whatever, and are back in the tent.  Kamala is wisely making populist economic issues her campaign focus because that’s the persuadable voter remaining in the swing states.  

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, if you're including scenarios like she flips texas or florida, sure. Otherwise, lol no. 

Seriously, if she loses PA and GA, she has to win AZ and NV and NC. That's the only path. 

I mean, it's quite unlikely that PA/MI/WI do not vote the same way.  AZ/NV voted differently from each other in 2016 and NC/GA in 2020. 

The last time PA/MI/WI did not all vote the same way - 1988.  Bush Sr. won PA/MI but lost WI

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

Same here. I know Marist cross tabs show her having about -2 unfavorable (which is improved from August) among the 18 to 29

I find it unlikely. The polling for anyone under 40 is so fucking broken. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Is he uh, under the impression that the federal government shut down would stop democrats doing ANYTHING with voter registrations, which are run entirely by the individual states.

Literally, this motherfucker doesn't even understand the fucking most basic shit a 7th grade history student learns. It's un fucking believable. 

It's all simply posturing for the 2nd attempt to steal an election. Money in the coffers. Whip the people into a frenzy beforehand. All going according to plan.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

She has to be perfect. Meanwhile, Trump can blather on about whatever nonsense he wants and can tell 100 lies and it won’t matter.

If she is not perfect NYT: "Kamala comes across as mean and bossy"

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

Depends who is writing Constitution 2.0. If they win out and write it, everyone is going to be given an F-350 to drive. No bike lanes, no EVs, just gas guzzlers for life 

The right of the people to roll coal shall not be infringed.

5 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I got home from the game late last night. Girlfriend is a UM grad and grew up in rural Michigan about 45 minutes NE of Lansing. We spent a couple extra days on the trip so she could visit some family and such. Man, rural and small town Michigan is more enthusiastically MAGA than any place I've ever been. Tons of MAGA flags and Trump Vance campaign signs in every yard.  We met a couple of her cousins for dinner Friday night in the slightly larger town next to where she grew up and their entire "town square" area looked like the 4th of July, except the flags were all Trump and FJB flags. If you just glanced at it, it looked like "Patriotic Small Town USA"...but it was 100% MAGA

Cults and Fascism

Creed Bratton quote: I've been involved in a number of cults both as...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I find it unlikely. The polling for anyone under 40 is so fucking broken. 

I can believe it. The left doesn't love her and men under 30 get radicalized by Andrew Tate and his orbiters, if not their own parents on whom they will be financially dependent for life.

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I mean, it's quite unlikely that PA/MI/WI do not vote the same way.  AZ/NV voted differently from each other in 2016 and NC/GA in 2020. 

The last time PA/MI/WI did not all vote the same way - 1988.  Bush Sr. won PA/MI but lost WI

That's less than 40 years ago. For all the marbles of democracy. Yeah man, I'm sweating it. 

21 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Redfield Wilton, which is a UK firm that leans to the right in their polling.  Also has NC with a Harris lead (+1) after two yesterday showing +3.

She's also leading in WI and MI.  

Have you just replied STOP? because that works for me. 

So does "gobble my crank you malignant shit funnel."

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's less than 40 years ago. For all the marbles of democracy. Yeah man, I'm sweating it. 

Well I understand your angst, if they didn't deviate from each other in 2000 (closest election of our lifetime), 2016 or 2020, why will they now?

And to further my point - in the modern political campaign era (defined as elections since 1952), the only times WI/MI/PA voted differently were 1988, 1976, 1968, 1960.  4 out of 17 times and not once since the turn of the century. 

Edited by Js1

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

He must have been left off Ivanka's birthday party invite list.

Silver now has Harris ahead in PA, NC, MI, WI, NV.  That's an EC win right there.

It must have really hurt him to put her ahead in PA.  I'm guessing Thiel is going to be very angry today.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Well I understand your angst, if they didn't deviate from each other in 2000 (closest election of our lifetime), 2016 or 2020, why will they now?

And to further my point - in the modern political campaign era (defined as elections since 1952), the only times WI/MI/PA voted differently were 1988, 1976, 1968, 1960.  4 out of 17 times and not once since the turn of the century. 

You realize 4/17 is almost 25% right? You think those numbers should make us feel more confident? They make me feel less confident than I was 10 minutes ago, and I wasn't exactly feeling all that great then, either. You're talking about those kinds of #s when the margins for victory were what? 80k votes across 4-5 states last time? for something like 70 electoral votes? Fucking hell, man. 

Russian Roulette is better fucking odds than 23%. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

14 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

That would piss me off if I were running a Chik Fil A. Most of the people running them probably don't care, though.

Most of the Chick Fil A owners I've come across are actually pretty good and conscientious people

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Silver now has Harris ahead in PA, NC, MI, WI, NV.  That's an EC win right there.

It must have really hurt him to put her ahead in PA.  I'm guessing Thiel is going to be very angry today.

He's just playing for his betting models. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

You realize 4/17 is almost 25% right? You think those numbers should make us feel more confident? They make me feel less confident than I was 10 minutes ago, and I wasn't exactly feeling all that great then, either. 

Bro, if you need a tampon, go ask Tim Walz.

It's not my job to hold your hand while you menstruate on September 10

• Haha 3

Just now, G650 said:

Most of the Chick Fil A owners I've come across are actually pretty good and conscientious people

That's because most of them actually do work the lines and don't just sit on their fat ass and "manage."

How often do you see the manager filling bags or taking orders? All the time.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Bro, if you need a tampon, go ask Tim Walz.

It's not my job to hold your hand while you menstruate on September 10

if I need a tampon, I'm going to ask a Trump Supporter for their ear prop. 

It's not your job to hold my hand, but it's going to bleed all over you regardless. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Slate doing its best “didn’t score on the first drive of the game, so going to lose” surly impression 

It's not even that, it's the classic "HOW ARE WE UP ONLY 17 BY THE END OF THE FIRST?!!!!!! CHILES SHOULD STARTS!!!!!"

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And in today's episode of "The GQP is doing everything it can to lose women's votes"

"GQP IS AGAINST EATING PUSSY!"

One of my maxims since I was a fresh faced young man is 'Never trust a man that doesn't eat pussy'

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1