2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

It's not even that, it's the classic "HOW ARE WE UP ONLY 17 BY THE END OF THE FIRST?!!!!!! CHILES SHOULD STARTS!!!!!"

Hey, I may have been one of those drunk idiots screaming PUT IN CHILES in 2007 when we were getting our asses kicked by KSU or down 17-9 against Nebraska in the 4th Q

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And yet the media whines that Harris wasn’t focused on putting out policy 

THIS IS NOT A POLICY ELECTION - good fucking lord 

Trump has never once talked about policy. Making empty promises is not policy. Saying he’s going to repeal Obamacare and replace it with something so much better and it won’t be difficult is not policy. It’s just talk. He never says how he’s going to do anything.

Hillary stood there in the debate and talked policy. She obviously has a command of the issues involved with health care and she paid out her policy objectives. Did anyone care? Fuck no! Because the average voter doesn’t give a fuck about policy and if you actually talk about it they get bored.

It shouldn’t be that way. I want to hear someone who knows what the fuck they’re talking about and what specific things they plan to do to address problems. Donald fucking Trump has never been that guy. “I’m going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it!” “I’m going to bring back the steel industry!” “I’m going to bring back coal jobs!” Pie in the sky promises and he didn’t keep any of them because he’s in real estate and has no fucking clue how to run the government. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

WSJ had a great story some time back about the demographic collapse in the state of West Virginia, due to everyone moving away, low birth rate, and no one moving there.  The state is all olds at this point to the point they can't keep some businesses open five days a week because they don't have young workers.

However, their state ledge was obsessed with immigration at the border.  No ideas about how to get people to move to WV but just keep certain people out.  Meanwhile, the local restaurants can't stay open for dinner anymore.

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Sounds like Ohio. 

Brain drain is real

Sounds like Russia.  When do they invade Kentucky?

3 hours ago, Foosters said:

Dems should have an operative who cranks up the thermostat. Let America see that orange paint drip down his face.

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Detroit?

I was surprised how many houses in Detroit are for sale under $50K.

In my REO days (many years ago), I sold houses in the rust belt for under $5,000 on a regular basis.   Pretty shocking, for a SoCal guy. 

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Trump has never once talked about policy. Making empty promises is not policy. Saying he’s going to repeal Obamacare and replace it with something so much better and it won’t be difficult is not policy. It’s just talk. He never says how he’s going to do anything.

Hillary stood there in the debate and talked policy. She obviously has a command of the issues involved with health care and she paid out her policy objectives. Did anyone care? Fuck no! Because the average voter doesn’t give a fuck about policy and if you actually talk about it they get bored.

It shouldn’t be that way. I want to hear someone who knows what the fuck they’re talking about and what specific things they plan to do to address problems. Donald fucking Trump has never been that guy. “I’m going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it!” “I’m going to bring back the steel industry!” “I’m going to bring back coal jobs!” Pie in the sky promises and he didn’t keep any of them because he’s in real estate and has no fucking clue how to run the government. 

That's why they organized Project 2025 this time, including detailed implementation plans such as drafted presidential orders and legislation. If you think the first 4 years with dotard as president were bad, if there's a next time it will be much, much worse. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Duh. Hence why it was so easy for Russia to get their claws into the right leaning people like Poole

These people aren’t being duped. They know it’s fake, but they also know that repeating it gets clicks 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Duh. Hence why it was so easy for Russia to get their claws into the right leaning people like Poole

These people aren’t being duped. They know it’s fake, but they also know that repeating it gets clicks 

Mack Brown was right... social media will be the downfall of society.  The engagement scores are all that matter.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I though it was Charlie that said that. 

Does it matter?  If I say it enough people will believe me.  Maybe saying MB said it has more credibility than CS.  The fact that you quoted me amplified the message, right or wrong and that's all these influencers are doing is trying to get engagement.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln per Lara Trump and probably Michael Scott.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Chopper said:

SIAP

image.thumb.png.cd631693e571ff886aa1f0527299cf81.png

These recent GQP shenanigans to try to get these measures taken off the ballot, or to take steps that arguably might give them a pretext to do so, tells you something: their internal polling says that turnout and the actual favorability with respect to those ballot measures is going to hurt them across the ballot in other races.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 4

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

These recent GQP shenanigans to try to get these measures taken off the ballot, or to take steps that arguably might give them a pretext to do so, tells you something: their internal polling says that turnout and the actual favorability with respect to those ballot measures is going to hurt them across the ballot in other races.

(cough) FLORIDA (cough)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That’s cool. I didn’t know there was one or that it had been removed. 

There was. The judge who threw it out said some stupid shit like the opposition didn’t have enough chance to “make their case” against it, despite it getting more than enough signatures. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I love the infighting already 

"kitchen table issues" is quaint. barely any families eat together anymore and if they do they're all putzing around on their phones, probably sharing Venezuelan gang and Haitian cat eater stories

• Hook 'Em 2

Now, these are legal immigrants that they made up the cat stories about right? And their pitch is to vote for Trump…. why exactly? Will he make legal immigration illegal? Or would he just be tougher on these entirely fictional cat crimes.

Per usual, none of this makes sense and it’s really weird.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Now, these are legal immigrants that they made up the cat stories about right? And their pitch is to vote for Trump…. why exactly? Will he make legal immigration illegal? Or would he just be tougher on these entirely fictional cat crimes.

The people don't exist. I don't think the cat, duck, and goose eating villains they make up are going to be here legally.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, I may be starting to lean against voting for Kamala.  Why?

Because today I have been getting texts at the rate of 1 every 10-15 minutes of "THE DEBATE IS HAPPENING TONIGHT!  DONATE NOW TO HELP KAMALA SEND TRUMP TO THE TRASH HEAP!" (or any of literally DOZENS of variations of that message of "debate's tonight, send money").  My fucking phone is lighting up.  "Delete and Report Junk" does absolutely nothing.

Fucking seriously.  Just fucking stop.

I’ve gotten zero. Of course I’ve been texting Stop to about 3 texts a day since I donated to her in July. So maybe I did it enough to get off most of the lists. 

8 hours ago, texasdago said:

To be honest, US history is really pretty shitty if you're not white.  Its pretty factual based on slavery, Native American extermination, eradication of the buffalo (to subdue the Native Americans), Jim Crow, etc etc.  Lots of bad history.   Some people want us to pretend it never happened.  Shoot... I just saw a documentary on the endangered ocelots of Texas and they shoed how the government funded wholesale slaughter of jaguars, pumas, wolves, etc in Texas.  Had no idea we once had jaguars in Texas.  Well, we killed every single one.  At least there are more people today looking to learn from our mistakes and make some decisions to not repeat history.  Are they the majority?  Maybe.  Hopefully those people can vote to bring Harris over the line.    

That's just it. One would think this is a slam dunk. "We are not going back" was an accident. It wasn't supposed to have real meaning, but it does, because we might. 

It's crazy.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This along with voter registration trends are the wildcards IMHO. 

45 minutes ago, Red Five said:

They intend to deport legal immigrants with dark skin. 

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Red Five said:

But heaven forbid we should make fun of JV for fucking a couch. 

17 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I'm just wondering what the cognitive dissonance will make Trump say or do once he realizes he's getting his ass kicked on national TV tonight.

I think he really might call her a bitch or something?

It's why the Harris people wanted the mikes on.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

There was. The judge who threw it out said some stupid shit like the opposition didn’t have enough chance to “make their case” against it, despite it getting more than enough signatures. 

That would be Judge Limbaugh, first cousin of former human Rush. Shocking that he got it wrong. 

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You nailed it!!!!!  He’s not a debater, and he only gives pie in the sky promises. And he weaves saying 7 different statements that has zero to do with the question that was asked. 

• Hook 'Em 1