2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, NWBuck said:

They're undecided about how they plan to milk their 15 minutes of 'fame'. Most others are only undecided about how they're going to rationalize voting for Trump and if they're going to tell anyone what they did.

They love being courted. Some of them, I do actually believe, have convinced themselves there's a possibility they won't support Trump (even though they've historically agreed with all of his positions and weren't deterred by his character) but then when they see the alternative they predictably return to Trump (because they're ideologically in near-perfect alignment with MAGA).

Technically those people are "undecided" but give me a fucking break. These news outlets should know these people aren't truly representative of undecided voters.

The play with these people is to try and boost the Libertarian candidate (Chase Oliver) to peel a few "undecided" conservatives away in the swing states. The problem for Chase Oliver is he's not an immigration-phobe or overtly racist. But I do think there exist some "undecided" conservatives who are Never-Dem, not in love with Trump, and not into RFK's brand of crazy.

If they feel like Kamala has the momentum and their vote won't matter, they can be persuaded to "send a message" to the GOP by showing up for Oliver.

• Hook 'Em 2

The play is to get them to stay home or leave the topline blank.

I'm going to totally scrub my social media and start spouting how I'm undecided and see if CNN or NYT contacts me.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I would like that, but these people don't strike me as the type to sit out elections or leave the topline blank.

They need to feel special. RFK was good at attracting crackpots and he's trying to herd them over to Trump. Oliver can get some Never-Trump RFK guys but he can also get some of the non-racist "undecided" conservatives. A small demographic, but every little bit helps.

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I could handle that someone is undecided if they follow zero politics and consume non serious news. But if you watch that debate, no one undecided could be with Trump over Harris. I also don’t think this hypothetical undecided could remain undecided after watching.

and in fairness, that the same undecided person, watching the first debate, would never vote for Biden.

I think you also may be predisposed to not like her because shit you've read on Facebook or Twitter, you don't think a woman can be President (not exclusive to undecided men), or you don't want another black President. How anyone can think he won that debate is beyond me unless you just held her to too high a standard and him basically no standards. If you wanted to hear her speak on specifics, I guess. But you think "I have a concept of a plan" and evading on answers is better? 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I'm going to totally scrub my social media and start spouting how I'm undecided and see if CNN or NYT contacts me.  

demanding do it GIF

the key is to leave up trump/maga stuff, and declare yourself as undecided 

MU Law poll of Wisconsin

Harris 48, Trump 43, Kennedy 6, Stein/Oliver 2 (Harris +5)
Harris 52, Trump 48 in the H2H (+4)

WI is one of the states where RFK is going to remain on the ballot

Edited by Js1
Was Harris +1 in their last poll. Nate in shambles
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yup, her walking up to him and making him shake her hand set the tone....dude walked in like a pussy ass bitch.

yeah, I liked that she didn't wait in the middle. she met him on his side of the stage. powerful. can't wait to vote 3 times for her.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Chopper said:

He brought a 9/11 truther to the 9/11 commemoration may be as easy of an entry point to snark on your relatives as the dog eating thing.

image.png.ca482c5348aff0151c02d68d88db47b0.png

We all collectively forgot the Arlington National Cemetery scandal from the halcyon days of . . . 17 days ago

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Totals. Trump spoke for about five minutes more and spoke a lot more often. Five minutes is kind of significant when they’re often given 1 minute to speak and Kamala got cut off multiple times. Trump has no basis for complaining that the moderators were unfair. They fact-checked him 3 times. He lied WAY more than that.

The biggest issue was he always was allowed to get the last word in, every single fucking time. Seems totally fair.

image.png.cbece83ab7ee05342f4b46b6e93b291c.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 5

5 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

The biggest issue was he always was allowed to get the last word in, every single fucking time. Seems totally fair.

And then hard closing KH on the very few occasions she ASKED for it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

And the one time she asked to respond to something he said which would’ve given her the final word, they shut her down. 

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

MU Law poll of Wisconsin

Harris 48, Trump 43, Kennedy 6, Stein/Oliver 2 (Harris +5)
Harris 52, Trump 48 in the H2H (+4)

WI is one of the states where RFK is going to remain on the ballot

gave dumbass and dumbass a 5 min listen on the way to the golf course. they had a polling ‘expert’ on …..

the polls showing harris up, are over polling old liberal dems 

zero issues in areas/polls where trump had a slight lead 

trump could win a blow out, the polls are biased towards dems. except the one that show a trump edge

uneducated dumb whites need to show up, traditionally they disappear on the election day 

3 million new citizens / immigrants will be a huge problem if they show up and vote  

• Rage+1 1

Just now, Red Five said:

I caught that live, and thought he probably meant it like "she put it out there that she is black". But who knows. 

That's exactly what I thought when I heard it. He just got his words and phrases out of order, which happens all the time to people with cognitive issues. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

The Magats I'm related to are all parroting the bullshit about the biased moderation and saying "we didn't learn anything about either candidate." I wanted to list the things we learned about both, but what is the point? It's sad seeing people I love - who were all sane, reasonable and intelligent before Trump - now being incapable of living in reality. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

8 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

It’s not easy.  I call out stupidity 24/7.  But you’d be A Ok in that regard.  PM Derka

I mean, I'm comfortable in my stupidity

7 minutes ago, Foosters said:

BEST case you get to watch OU from a private box. Be careful what you ask for 

I said friends, I didn't say we'd have to attend games together. Tap the brakes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Early Voting has officially begun! Iowa has record 30 "counter ballots" - voters who requested an absentee ballot, but then cast their vote in person at their local county office.

Those 30 ballots were 22 Dems, 6 Republican, 2 not affiliated.  Mostly the olds - one 18-25, twelve 41-65 and seventeen 65+

https://election.lab.ufl.edu/early-vote/2024-early-voting/

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1

22 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

And the one time she asked to respond to something he said which would’ve given her the final word, they shut her down. 

Karma is a bitch: Trump was the one to bring up his assassination attempt and no one else engaged with it at all.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Early Voting has officially begun! Iowa has record 30 "counter ballots" - voters who requested an absentee ballot, but then cast their vote in person at their local county office.

Those 30 ballots were 22 Dems, 6 Republican, 2 not affiliated.  Mostly the olds - one 18-25, twelve 41-65 and seventeen 65+

https://election.lab.ufl.edu/early-vote/2024-early-voting/

ballgame

• Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

He has more than a concept of a plan, but not when it comes to healthcare. It's called Project 2025.

I actually believe him when he says he hasn't read it because A) he can barely read and B) he would never read something that is 900 pages long.  I'm sure he knows the basic concepts and has been briefed on some of it by the Heritage Foundation and others that worked on it.  He will sign off on all of it if he's elected.  They just have to put it in front of him.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

It’s not easy.  I call out stupidity 24/7.  But you’d be A Ok in that regard.  PM Derka

I'd apply, but I like to be in bed by the sensible hour of 9pm and I feel that maybe incompatible