2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

So all their attempts to make out Harris as "too liberal" is not working, compared to Trump.  More voters seem to see him as very conservative and less moderate, compared to Harris being seen as very liberal and more moderate than Trump. 

Marquette (WI) - Harris is seen as very liberal by 52% and moderate by 16%.  Trump is 53% very conservative and only 10% moderate.  It's even funnier for the VPs - while 45% see Walz as very liberal and 21% moderate, JD Vance is seen as very conservative by 61% (!) and only 10% moderate

Cygnal, another right wing pollster, has Harris up 2 in the H2H and 2 in the full ballot.  Cygnal has Harris 46% very liberal, 17% moderate and Trump 45% very conservative and only 10% moderate. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I always knew the implosion would cause the most delicious MAGA meltdown tears and now here we are and it's just the beginning.  After he was shot and Biden was still herpy derping his way around, they were assured of victory.  But here we are just 8 week (?) later and they're resigned to defeat.  We have another 8 weeks to go until the finality of election night which will produce a squirting gusher of MAGA tears and MAGA tears make the best lube.

I am very gruntled.    

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Imagine being a MAGA parent and having to tell your teenage daughter that you aren't going to take her to the Eras tour because she supports Kamala. This ought to make quite a few Democrats for life out of some Swifties. 

• Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 5

4 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I always knew the implosion would cause the most delicious MAGA meltdown tears and now here we are and it's just the beginning.  After he was shot and Biden was still herpy derping his way around, they were assured of victory.  But here we are just 8 week (?) later and they're resigned to defeat.  We have another 8 weeks to go until the finality of election night which will produce a squirting gusher of MAGA tears and MAGA tears make the best lube.

I am very gruntled.    

Play through the whistle. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

So I don’t know if it got talked about last night, but Abby Philips on CNN (who is, btw, the smartest and most concise pundit on cable news) brought up the Harris campaign’s weakness with young men.  

Thought exercise-this is probably heavily demographically based (as in she doesn’t underperform when adjusted for education or household income), but is there something her campaign should be doing to chip away at Trump’s advantage there?

For example, would it be worthwhile for her to go on Rogan, or is his audience going to see anyone that pro-institution as unfriendly?

2 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

So I don’t know if it got talked about last night, but Abby Philips on CNN (who is, btw, the smartest and most concise pundit on cable news) brought up the Harris campaign’s weakness with young men.  

Thought exercise-this is probably heavily demographically based (as in she doesn’t underperform when adjusted for education or household income), but is there something her campaign should be doing to chip away at Trump’s advantage there?

For example, would it be worthwhile for her to go on Rogan, or is his audience going to see anyone that pro-institution as unfriendly?

She probably needs to not be a woman. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

yes

I don't thik you know what average means.

Search Labs | AI Overview
Learn more

The average American woman is 5'4" (63.5 in) and weighs 170.8 lbs (77.5 kg). However, the average weight of American women is increasing faster than their height. 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/sarahhan/average-american-woman-2018

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

She probably needs to not be a woman

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

Some men you just can't reach

Maybe, but pretend Soros says “here’s some money, go after them anyway”.  What’s your message?

OK... I got it.

The original Kamala Harris was Kamala the Ugandan Giant, (aka James Harris.)

Kamala was a wild savage that spoke no English.  He once ate a live, caged "pet" chicken on WWE.

Well, there are no Ugandans in Ohio, but there are Haitians. 

220 / 221. 

If we elect Kamala, we should expect our pets to be eaten by wild savages that speak no English. 

This analysis secures my (electoral) vote for Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LCHorn said:

Maybe, but pretend Soros says “here’s some money, go after them anyway”.  What’s your message?

"You're less likely to be an angry repulsive incel and actually hook up with chicks or dudes (whichever you prefer) if you stop following that guy and his cult around"

I mean there are more serious answers as young men do face a lot of concerning issues these days.  Rapidly declining levels of education, particularly higher education, a society that expects people to have it all figured out by 18-22 years old when a lot of  the science shows that the male brain just generally doesn't develop at a rate where many of them are going to be able to do that, less chances to make amends for typical young male stupidity because now instead of a few friends knowing about it, the entire world knows about it, and on and on.  BUT I'm not an expert in how you unbrainwash people and so addressing these points with policy and promises seems like it wouldn't get one very far.  

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

First Phillips doesn’t come across to me as being very insightful and second, I don’t expect that anyone who is a Joe Rogan fan is going to be persuaded by Harris.  I don’t get the impression that the intelligence quotient for his audience is very high. All those people are too far gone. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

We need to have this doom discussion after the election its dire. But for now just keep hitting them on economics,loan forgiveness and home ownership.

Also cut with the nonsense about "role models" its best to not even bring it up.

3 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

I wondered why Dems would oppose it when it sounds like it changes nothing. Well, it turns out that the bill isn't just about banning the already rare crime of illegal voting, it's designed to make it harder to register and vote. 

Once again these people reveal that ratfucking, obstructing democratic processes, and gaslighting are their only talents and all they care to accomplish.

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

Because it's performative nonsense and they want to tack it onto a bill when it shouldn't be there. You don't negotiate with terrorists. 

Just like the abortion after birth nonsense, if Donnie and the GOP had proof if illegals showing up by the thousands to vote, they'd have video and photos and Fox News would be running it 24/7.

Instead, all they can do is talk about how they heard it on TV.  Or the socials.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Trump clearly has a record of only hiring the best people. What could go wrong hiring Laura Loomer for debate prep?

it's wild how they all get put through the trashy stepford wives machine and come out looking the same. Kim guilfoyle fell down a similarly unfortunate hole.

It's like they develop body dysmorphia or something, it beggars belief

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don't thik you know what average means.

Search Labs | AI Overview
Learn more

The average American woman is 5'4" (63.5 in) and weighs 170.8 lbs (77.5 kg). However, the average weight of American women is increasing faster than their height. 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/sarahhan/average-american-woman-2018

Average?  The woman's a goblin.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

20 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Just like the abortion after birth nonsense, if Donnie and the GOP had proof if illegals showing up by the thousands to vote, they'd have video and photos and Fox News would be running it 24/7.

Instead, all they can do is talk about how they heard it on TV.  Or the socials.

People are saying...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Two interesting notes - 

• Gwen Walz is going to Bangor and Portland, Maine to campaign.   Portland is in ME-01 (safe Dem), but Bangor is in ME-02.  There's been *some* polling shows Harris either slightly leading or competitive here (Trump won it in 2020 and it's probably around +5.5 for him after they re-drew it) and Dem Jared Golden has represented ME-02 since 2018. 
  • A poll shows Harris and Trump tied 45-45 in Oklahoma County. Oklahoma County (OKC) is one of the the largest population counties in the U.S. that Trump won (was 49.2-48.1 in 2020, 4k vote margin) - mostly interesting for @'stache https://chs-inc.com/oklahoma-county-in-2024/

The article mentions Collin County and Tarrant County, but Tarrant County was won by Biden by 2k votes (49.3 to 49.1). Collin was won by Trump by 22k votes (51.4-47.1) and Suffolk County, NY was a 232 vote margin (49.4-49.4)

• Hook 'Em 4