2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Politics is about making unlikely coalitions to win. Don’t we make fun of the far left who demand only pure voting blocs and that’s why they lose? 

Bingo.

The phrase "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" exists for a reason -- it is BEST applied in situations of fighting an existential threat, which Trumpism definitely is.  You wanna get on the wall and defend it against the MAGA assault?  Step right up, here's your weapon.  We'll deal with the rest of our differences after we've repelled the assault.

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

I do celebrate the crossover voter, call a Cheney or Michael Hayden or Olivia Troye what you want- at least it was an ethos that guided their actions. Happy to welcome them with their convictions, even though I’m still horrified by many of the things they’ve been involved in. I agree - give a small number of conservatives a permission framework to break from their party.

Gonzales, on the other hand, is a career yes man who dishonored the United States and legitimized torture for the sake of expediency and client service, in addition to lying to congress and a host of other crimes of low integrity. His vote for Harris is welcome, but I can’t imagine he’ll bring anyone along and it does nothing to rehabilitate his well-deserved ignominy. 

It's very easy to tie a direct line from pretty much anyone in the Bush administration to Trump and Trumpism, but the US attorney scandal Gonzales oversaw definitely shouldn't be forgotten. That was the GOP's first real attempt to use the powers of the state to wage their political propaganda campaign about voter fraud.  That propaganda campaign has undermined the very foundations of American democracy in a way that may not be reparable.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, Da Fino said:

I never thought this would happen, but he’s losing dudes between 35-45. The guys at my country club are openly arguing about it. It’s fascinating to watch from the sidelines. 

Don’t let anyone totally off the hook.  Lambaste even those who left.  ‘Wtf took you so long?’ God damn morons.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Don’t let anyone totally off the hook.  Lambaste even those who left.  ‘Wtf took you so long?’ God damn morons.  

Don’t get overly aggressive with them. Then they feel attacked and be forced to vote for Trump again. 

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It doesn’t make up for the damage they caused but we’ll take it. Dubya too if he’s got the stones and isn’t too busy with his “art.”

IMG_4718.thumb.jpeg.652e5702ee93beeff3fb913da2149008.jpeg

Hide contents

I got that one from Colbert. I’m pretty sure it’s shopped. We should hope so, anyway.)

A cat man?  Progressive as all hell.  

Haven’t checked the CC thread on this board in a while, so not sure what surly CC fans feel. It was clear some where supporting here just because they considered her the one athlete who was White, right wing/turnip leaning so they could root for her

• Haha 3

On 9/10/2024 at 10:10 PM, Surly Bevo said:

But he's got HULK HOGAN and that one old country chick whose name I can't remember at the moment.

Watching the news last night they were discussing the issue of celebrity endorsements following Taylor Swift's post.  They commented that the Democrats have Swift but Republicans have their own celebrities and, indeed, they used Hulk Hogan and Kid Rock as their examples.  

Sealteam GIF by Paramount+

• Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Haven’t checked the CC thread on this board in a while, so not sure what surly CC fans feel. It was clear some where supporting here just because they considered her the one athlete who was White, right wing/turnip leaning so they could root for her

White people who only like Clark because she's also white are upset.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Never got the sense she was maga or maga adjacent. Speculation because she's from Iowa? Pretty sure nearly 100% of the misogonists who constantly feel the need to mock her and the WNBA are maga types. Like Swift, no loss of fandom, because there is no overlap.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Pancho said:

At least they're not threatening to rape her or kill her family/ Art Acevedo

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Never got the sense she was maga or maga adjacent. Speculation because she's from Iowa? Pretty sure nearly 100% of the misogonists who constantly feel the need to mock her and the WNBA are maga types. Like Swift, no loss of fandom, because there is no overlap.

Because she's white and from Iowa. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Because she's white and from Iowa. 

And occasionally mentions God. For MAGA, that's good enough to throw all of their hopes and dreams of a Trumper real celebrity onto her. Aaron Rodgers isn't good enough at his sport anymore.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, aggie08 said:

And occasionally mentions God. For MAGA, that's good enough to throw all of their hopes and dreams of a Trumper real celebrity onto her. Aaron Rodgers isn't good enough at his sport anymore.

It's no different than Swift pre-2018 - correct demographic, right part of the country; therefore, she's one of us!

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, G650 said:

Leo is one of the most psychotic motherfuckers of all time

He's every bit the villain they claim Soros is. And for every Leo or Tim Dunn there's another 100 of these ghouls that we've never heard of who are bankrolling Christian nationalist zealots.

• Hook 'Em 6

This potential shutdown is literally so stupid by the GOP - 

You really want to shut down the government and put people out of work/ on furlough right when EV opens in a lot of states? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This potential shutdown is literally so stupid by the GOP - 

You really want to shut down the government and put people out of work/ on furlough right when EV opens in a lot of states? 

It has backfired every time they've done it, but I'm sure this time will be different!

47 minutes ago, 'stache said:

This.  It never crossed my mind that anything about CC was "MAGA".  Agreed a massive stretch that she is losing any material chunk of her fanbase.  Not to mention her interview after liking the tweet was the typical athlete PC response that doesn't want to get drug into the political nonsense (which I completely respect)

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Politics is about making unlikely coalitions to win. Don’t we make fun of the far left who demand only pure voting blocs and that’s why they lose? 

I mean, I get it. I'll gladly take Dick's daughter. I'll welcome W is he ever grew a pair. But, before Trump, the answer to the question, "Who is the most reprehensible politician in recent memory?" was Dick Cheney. And then Dick Cheney a second time. I want to meet the person who's still defending that administration in 2024 that needs Dick Cheney's permission to jump over to the Democratic ticket for a black female. 

But I admittedly know shit about fuck, so the more the merrier.

Edited by aggie08
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Reuters/IPSOS

Harris 47, Trump 42. +1 from their late August poll 

Won the debate by a 53-24 margin 

23% of people watched the debate and were like, "hmm, feels like a tie"?

Edited by aggie08
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Just slap em on the back and complement them for coming around.  

After some serious ribbing.  

I mean I have an MAGA acquaintence and he is so far gone that I only call him an idiot/moron 30 times a day without bothering to read the drivel, if he ever turned to the light I would legit freak out and question myself, because he is that stupid, Laura Loomer level of stupid.

50 minutes ago, Skipper said:

This.  It never crossed my mind that anything about CC was "MAGA".  Agreed a massive stretch that she is losing any material chunk of her fanbase.  Not to mention her interview after liking the tweet was the typical athlete PC response that doesn't want to get drug into the political nonsense (which I completely respect)

Her audience is insanely MAGA, like literally the only reason they watch the WNBA is to make the woke crowd cry.

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

• Hook 'Em 1