2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, linux said:

Her audience is insanely MAGA, like literally the only reason they watch the WNBA is to make the woke crowd cry.

Which puts an insane amount of undo pressure on her. She never asked to be their poster child female athlete. But she's so big now that trying to distance herself from them would cause backlash.

2 minutes ago, linux said:

Her audience is insanely MAGA, like literally the only reason they watch the WNBA is to make the woke crowd cry.

Your algorithm may be telling you that and maybe the Clay Travis douchebag's of the world post her clips, but I seriously doubt a bunch of "MAGA" are attending and/or watching a lot of women's basketball LOL.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Which puts an insane amount of undo pressure on her. She never asked to be their poster child female athlete. But she's so big now that trying to distance herself from them would cause backlash.

I know it is a different party and different time and I think MJ backs Harris (although he could do more even Chuck could) but the whole "Republicans buy sneakers too" remark really really gave them orgasms. Pure insecurity squared. They wanted the same from the female Jordan.

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Your algorithm may be telling you that and maybe the Clay Travis douchebag's of the world post her clips, but I seriously doubt a bunch of "MAGA" are attending and/or watching a lot of women's basketball LOL.

Well, of course they aren't actually watching or giving money to the league. But they're HUGE fans nonetheless. linux's post should have read "the only reason they acknowledge the WNBA's existence other than to make the same tired jokes is..."

5 minutes ago, linux said:

I know it is a different party and different time and I think MJ backs Harris (although he could do more even Chuck could) but the whole "Republicans buy sneakers too" remark really really gave them orgasms. Pure insecurity squared. They wanted the same from the female Jordan.

Nah. They only want you to be apolitical if you're a liberal. They want conservative athletes and entertainers to be God, guns, and anti-woke every time they open their mouths. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

It's something I see from every Trumper. "Well Hillary/Biden/Harris whoever once got a parking ticket or something in 1988 so I have no choice but to vote for Trump."

It's fucking insane, obviously. 

And from the mainstream media: "Trump only has the concept of a plan after 8 years of empty promises, but Harris failed to cover how left-handed dentists in Muskogee will use exclusively right-handed drill bits in subsection B, paragraph 3 of her health care plan!"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Nah. They only want you to be apolitical if you're a liberal. They want conservative athletes and entertainers to be God, guns, and anti-woke every time they open their mouths. 

They loved Tim Tebow and didn't love Aaron Rodgers until publicly outed himself as insane

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Willie Nelson said, "There are two kinds of men in this world, those who have a crush on Linda Ronstadt and those who have never heard of her."

LindaRonstadt-Photos-11.jpg?v=1704685370

Yep.

Also, all this talk about Arby's is making me hungry AND horny. Y'all can have all the meatless burger bun pussy lips y'all want. Best pussy I ever fucked or sucked had just big ol meat curtains danglin', and second place was mighty distant and now I can't do anything less.

• Haha 6
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Young women will save us: https://news.gallup.com/poll/649826/exploring-young-women-leftward-expansion.aspx

Record 40% of 18-29 year old women identity as Liberal politically.

Among 18-29 year old women:

74% say that we need stronger restrictions on guns

60% say that abortion should be legal in MOST or ALL circumstances 

80% believe that the US needs to be stronger on the environment.

78% say that the environment is more important then the economy

86% say that climate change is human made.

I would've thought that line would be higher.

• Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I have no experience beyond a lot of UT women's games, but if that's a representative crowd, I'm gonna guess 10% MAGA at most.

• Hook 'Em 4

43 minutes ago, Skipper said:

You “seriously doubt it” because you yourself aren’t watching and paying attention. It was 100% clear maga hopped on the Clark train because “someone who looks and acts like us” was playing and it was the direct opposite of Angel Reese, who they hate because of certain things about her. You even had posters here saying “finally, someone I can relate to” and those posters were overwhelmingly far right/maga Surly posters. 

They aren’t watching a lot of basketball in general—they are just watching (and supporting) Clark.

But let’s get this thread back on track…

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The beautiful part of this Loomer situation is: 

1. If Trump keeps her around, it will be very bad for his campaign. Her rhetoric is horrific even by MAGA standards and I'm sure there is plenty of oppo if journalists are willing to dig. She is the ultimate flying monkey for a narcissist like Trump, so I can see him sticking with her. 

2. If Trump dumps Loomer, that is very risky as well. She is clearly a psychopath and a total wild card. She could air all his dirty laundry if she feels like she got fucked over. 

Neither of those will have an ounce of impact on his voters

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

1. If Trump keeps her around, it will be very bad for his campaign. Her rhetoric is horrific even by MAGA standards and I'm sure there is plenty of oppo if journalists are willing to dig. She is the ultimate flying monkey for a narcissist like Trump, so I can see him sticking with her. 

2. If Trump dumps Loomer, that is very risky as well. She is clearly a psychopath and a total wild card. She could air all his dirty laundry if she feels like she got fucked over. 

Lady Bug is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous of Loomer

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

EDIT: @Js1 had these I think

It's paywalled, but you can see the topline trend before the paywall kicks in:

Pre-debate day, it was 49-46 Harris
Post-debate, it was 50-46
Day after that, 50-45

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

I joined a bunch of Reddit conservative and Republican forums under a new user name. I wanted to see how these people are thinking now that the evidence is becoming overwhelming that Trump is unfit to be President. 

I’m happy to report that they are not as dumb as before. Unfortunately, they are dumber. For every single crazy thing he said, they’ve posted crazy news stories from propaganda websites that double down on the crazy. I’m sure many of those sources are North Korean, Russian and China sites. 

It depressing as hell that there are so many dumb people. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

30 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Nobody is going to believe anything Loomer says, even if it's about Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

The only reason they showed up early was to collect overtime.

Once again, I'm going to ask the board:

Have you gotten your latest Soros check?  I don't know if it's because I moved recently or what, but where's my money????  You think I'm doing this just because I believe in fact based, low drama, competent governance?  Get real, sheeple. 

Better Off Dead Cash GIF by moodman

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Have you gotten your latest Soros check?  I don't know if it's because I moved recently or what, but where's my money???? 

I still haven't gotten my damn Obama phone.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Is it even a question that Trump is a useful idiot?

The Guardian article that it links to says the quote is in a podcast. Expect the audio to be in the ad that includes the other national security dudes.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Have you gotten your latest Soros check?  I don't know if it's because I moved recently or what, but where's my money????  You think I'm doing this just because I believe in fact based, low drama, competent governance?  Get real, sheeple. 

Better Off Dead Cash GIF by moodman

We spend our checks at Comet Pizza

• Drool 1

20 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I joined a bunch of Reddit conservative and Republican forums under a new user name. I wanted to see how these people are thinking now that the evidence is becoming overwhelming that Trump is unfit to be President. 

I’m happy to report that they are not as dumb as before. Unfortunately, they are dumber. For every single crazy thing he said, they’ve posted crazy news stories from propaganda websites that double down on the crazy. I’m sure many of those sources are North Korean, Russian and China sites. 

It depressing as hell that there are so many dumb people. 

Half of them are paid trolls

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

The cats and dogs and crowd size stuff is funny because it’s pathetic but why isn’t his response to world leaders thinking he’s a laughing stock not getting more play? “Well Orban likes me.” What the actual fuck?

How about when he said that every democrat wanted to get rid of Roe but no one thought it was possible.

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The cats and dogs and crowd size stuff is funny because it’s pathetic but why isn’t his response to world leaders thinking he’s a laughing stock not getting more play? “Well Orban likes me.” What the actual fuck?

Bc the average voter is like “who tf is Orban? The popcorn guy”

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

For you and me, it's catnip. But Harris's restraint was INCREDIBLE.

She had the choice of chasing him down rabbit holes and firing up her converted, or staying focused on the topics she knew would appeal to the voters who she needs to drive to the polls (economy, reproductive rights, etc). It's so hard to maintain disciple but also seem fresh and unscripted. Masterclass.

• Hook 'Em 8