2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

13 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

My town has a city ordinance that states no campaign signs can be posted until 60 days prior to an election.  Back in 2020 on the first day signs could go up there were at least 15 dotard yard signs in my neighborhood.

Today?  Zero.  There is one house with a big ass Harris-Walz flag and that's it. 

Noticing exact same thing in terms of my non how hood has zero signage out. Same for almost all my friends in other areas too

58 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I joined a bunch of Reddit conservative and Republican forums under a new user name. I wanted to see how these people are thinking now that the evidence is becoming overwhelming that Trump is unfit to be President. 

I’m happy to report that they are not as dumb as before. Unfortunately, they are dumber. For every single crazy thing he said, they’ve posted crazy news stories from propaganda websites that double down on the crazy. I’m sure many of those sources are North Korean, Russian and China sites. 

It depressing as hell that there are so many dumb people. 

Those Reddit accounts are probably Russian bots themselves.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I joined a bunch of Reddit conservative and Republican forums under a new user name. I wanted to see how these people are thinking now that the evidence is becoming overwhelming that Trump is unfit to be President. 

I’m happy to report that they are not as dumb as before. Unfortunately, they are dumber. For every single crazy thing he said, they’ve posted crazy news stories from propaganda websites that double down on the crazy. I’m sure many of those sources are North Korean, Russian and China sites. 

It depressing as hell that there are so many dumb people. 

Wait, are you saying "American Patriot Real 100% Not Fake News" is not a legit Facebook account?? 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

53 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Once again, I'm going to ask the board:

Have you gotten your latest Soros check?  I don't know if it's because I moved recently or what, but where's my money????  You think I'm doing this just because I believe in fact based, low drama, competent governance?  Get real, sheeple. 

Better Off Dead Cash GIF by moodman

you got two dollars? mother fucker only gave me fiddy cents

• Haha 1

We got our Harris Walz sign on debate day.  I put it out front the next morning.  My wife was a bit nervous, and both kids shared the same thought -- there are enough MAGA dipshits in our hood (they were mostly referring to the kind of dipshits they knew from high school) that they're concerned about vandalism.  I said "fucking great.  Trash our sign, I'll buy two more.  Every dollar in damage they do, two more dollars go right to Kamala's campaign."

But yeah, it's not unreasonable to think that putting out a Harris sign makes you a target for violence of some sort, because -- and this really isn't even up for debate anymore -- MAGA is a terrorist movement.  

1 minute ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Wait, are you saying "American Patriot Real 100% Not Fake News" is not a legit Facebook account?? 

The titties of the gal who runs the site (that's absolutely her real profile pic) sure are legit.

Okay, so they're fake.

But really good fakes.

And isn't that what's important?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

35 minutes ago, quigley said:

For you and me, it's catnip. But Harris's restraint was INCREDIBLE.

She had the choice of chasing him down rabbit holes and firing up her converted, or staying focused on the topics she knew would appeal to the voters who she needs to drive to the polls (economy, reproductive rights, etc). It's so hard to maintain disciple but also seem fresh and unscripted. Masterclass.

Probably not hard for her; remember what her profession was? This is what she does: Get the witness/defendant to fuck up to where all the jury sees it.

She just got the felon to admit things in front of a jury of 300 million.

And she doesn't even need a unanimous response this time.

40 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

Living in Tennessee I’ve obviously been living in Trump country. Last election people gave me shit for voting for Biden but this time is different. I’ve been shocked in the last few days how many of the people I would assume would vote Trump have told me fuck no. I was talking to a good friend and she said  her husband isn’t voting for Trump. I said I was kind of shocked since he owns a business and she replied that he also has a wife and a daughter. I thought that was an incredibly powerful response from her. Trump was bad enough but the cringe of Vance has really done it. 

This group has always gotten along and it’s been me and one other person that has went to the left the last 6 years against the other 8. We would always light heartedly give each other shit but we always knew to just not really talk about and have fun. Here lately, it’s almost like they are making a point to let me know what they are doing vote wise. Kind of cool to see honestly. It probably helps these are educated people. 

get out now before it gets any worse

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

I mean.....are the biggest scam of this century and the biggest grifter of this century meant for each other?  Absolutely.  I look forward to more MAGAts getting completely fleeced.

BTW, at a casual bar meeting the other day, a lawyer friend of mine came up to me and another attorney and asked "so do either of you know anything about crypto?"  I said "I know it's a scam."  To which he nodded and said he was trying to find someone who could help someone who got scammed out of.....lots and lots of money in crypto.

I couldn't think of any venture more perfect for Trump to get into.  It's his sweet-spot.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, 'stache said:

World Liberty Financial sounds like every strip mall check cashing place in bad neighborhoods that also shares a storefront with a vape shop. What a fucking joke of a person. 

FIF complete accuracy.  A fucking two-bit scam artist....was the POTUS....and may be again.

What a fucking country.

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean.....are the biggest scam of this century and the biggest grifter of this century meant for each other?  Absolutely.  I look forward to more MAGAts getting completely fleeced.

BTW, at a casual bar meeting the other day, a lawyer friend of mine came up to me and another attorney and asked "so do either of you know anything about crypto?"  I said "I know it's a scam."  To which he nodded and said he was trying to find someone who could help someone who got scammed out of.....lots and lots of money in crypto.

I couldn't think of any venture more perfect for Trump to get into.  It's his sweet-spot.

Well he can't use $DJT anymore this was the predictable move

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

It's paywalled, but you can see the topline trend before the paywall kicks in:

Pre-debate day, it was 49-46 Harris
Post-debate, it was 50-46
Day after that, 50-45

On 9/10/2024 at 11:02 PM, Huckleberry said:

That debate moved the national popular vote 1.5-2% in Harris's favor.

That number might be completely pulled out of my ass but whatevs.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Some of it was from us.  Sitting in the living room, watching the post-debate discussion, wife pulls out her phone and says "I'm on ActBlue, how much this time?"  I told her.  I have no idea how much we're up to, but it's likely more than we've ever given any other candidate for any office.

That is badass, but don't forget local and state.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

That is badass, but don't forget local and state.

Not forgetting.....but there are only so many local and state races where we can really make an impact this time around (wish Allred would actually decide to, you know, RUN for that seat).  

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Saw Trump land in Tucson, I was flipping him the bird. And for later when crowd size gets brought up:

Can’t even fill up Tucson Arena in the same damn complex. Also, doesn’t he still owe Tucson money from 4 years ago?

• Hook 'Em 1

If we're going off of the yard sign anecdotes, my neighborhood is full of smaller (1,600-1,900 sqft) houses built in the last 10 years with about 40 houses total. Most of our residents are retired and downsized after the kids moved out. You know the type, white dudes who walk around looking for HOA violations with their dog unleashed at 5AM. There are 5 Trump signs, 3 Trump flags, 0 Harris signs, 0 Harris flags, and one Cthulhu yard sign. Texas is still MAGA.

• Drool 1

Some of it was from us.  Sitting in the living room, watching the post-debate discussion, wife pulls out her phone and says "I'm on ActBlue, how much this time?"  I told her.  I have no idea how much we're up to, but it's likely more than we've ever given any other candidate for any office.

$6,600 is the max per couple. $3,300 per individual.
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Not forgetting.....but there are only so many local and state races where we can really make an impact this time around (wish Allred would actually decide to, you know, RUN for that seat).  

But there are some races in other states where your money can be impactful. I started donating to out of state races in the last election cycle.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Zonahorn said:

I’ve heard he paid up front this time, which is why he was allowed back

he's been having to do that with all of his rallies lately. nobody will book him without payment in advance due to his campaign stiffing everyone.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, royiv said:

But there are some races in other states where your money can be impactful. I started donating to out of state races in the last election cycle.

We also have some OOS races we've donated to this cycle and the last.  But truly, in terms of setting a tone for the nation that permeates to every level, this POTUS race is as important as it gets.  We have to fucking beat down MAGA.  It has to start at the top.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

I’m glad cities are getting wise and making him pay up front. Probably also explains why he’s using the Music Hall instead of the Arena. He knows he can’t fill it up and I’m sure the rental fee on the Arena is substantially higher.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Something tells me the arena got paid, but not from him. Probably fleeced some sucker in AZ 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

She did make that $25m down ballot transfer. Bet she will do another one soon

Honestly, I'm awaiting the day where Trump whines about being "outraised" by the Democrats.  Yeah, we all know that the RNC is now a pro-Trump grifting machine and whatever it raises is is sending about 90% to Trump. 

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Something tells me the arena got paid, but not from him. Probably fleeced some sucker in AZ 

Probably Charlie Kirk and Turning Point. They’ve been setting a lot of money on fire in southern Arizona for trump and Ciscomani in AZ-6. I hope they keep doing it.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

She did make that $25m down ballot transfer. Bet she will do another one soon

That goes the other direction for the Republicans - down ballot candidates have to pay Trump to use his image. Bet they have to also pay him when he comes down there to campaign - pretty sure I read a while back that any donations from a Trump visit only go to him.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

7 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Probably Charlie Kirk and Turning Point. They’ve been setting a lot of money on fire in southern Arizona for trump and Ciscomani in AZ-6. I hope they keep doing it.

probably one of the associated PACs because the Trump family is skimming the shit out of the GOP.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Meanwhile in Charlotte 

Do I love the kinda background humorous cultural jab about our future first black female president holding a rally in North Carolina at an arena named after fried chicken?  You're goddamned right I do.

Also, I really need to try Bojangles, I hear good things.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1