2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

I was on the phone with my father-in-law earlier this week, and I was absolutely flabbergasted by how he spoke of Trump and his supporters.  His comment in summation was, "I just don't understand how people can be that stupid."  And that's shocking for two reasons: 1) his brother (whom he very much loves) is a huge MAGAt, and 2) I'm reasonably certain he voted for Trump in 2016.

I'm not exactly sure what happened along the way.  Maybe it was the disparagement of the military--my FIL was a Ranger in Vietnam.  Maybe it was the mishandling of COVID; he and my MIL did everything right during the pandemic.  But whatever it was, I'm happy for it.

Even happier for the fact that he lives in North motherfucking Carolina.

He and I were probably a lot alike minus me being younger ( 43). I thought Trump was a little funny during campaign and I thought it would end and he would be serious when he won election. I was a little concerned when he made fun of McCain and nothing happened but figured surely he would stop.  When everyone with a brain started leaving his staff I became really concerned and then the George Floyd stuff was my final straw. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Clintonaldo said:

He and I were probably a lot alike minus me being younger ( 43). I thought Trump was a little funny during campaign and I thought it would end and he would be serious when he won election. I was a little concerned when he made fun of McCain and nothing happened but figured surely he would stop.  When everyone with a brain started leaving his staff I became really concerned and then the George Floyd stuff was my final straw. 

What the fuck has that man ever said that was even mildly funny? Serious question. He’s the least humorous person I can think of. Has anyone ever seen him laugh?

• Hook 'Em 2

Do I love the kinda background humorous cultural jab about our future first black female president holding a rally in North Carolina at an arena named after fried chicken?  You're goddamned right I do.
Also, I really need to try Bojangles, I hear good things.

Bojangles is delicious. There is one south of Dallas on 35. Someone told me recently that there is one in San Antonio as well.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

52 minutes ago, royiv said:

What the fuck has that man ever said that was even mildly funny? Serious question. He’s the least humorous person I can think of. Has anyone ever seen him laugh?

I can think of exactly one time I've seen him laugh:

Jeffrey Epstein Trump GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Carol : You get that tape of Sam Stone finishing off his wife, and that man will give us anything we want for the rest of his life!

Earl Mott : Yeah! Then we're off to Haiti.

Carol : Not Haiti, Tahiti!

Earl Mott : Oh... I knew that.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Austin-based, well-known journalist. She didn't specify "non-anecdotal info" but if you trust Beto's info you'll like this.

image.thumb.png.05751f86da4fae8ed261f99a90452aff.png

edit - this is the article that resulted from the interview https://newrepublic.com/article/185896/taylor-swift-beto-orourke-harris

it has an interesting discussion about the TS endorsement and compares it to Beyonce's endorsement of Cruz, which occurred after new voter registration had closed. I'm guessing one of @Js1embeds of Tom Bonier on twitter had similar info as Cruz Beto (oops) mentioned.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I agree.  Golden Chick is much better, as are several other chicken joints, imo. 

1) I am pleased that we have a "talk about tasty chicken places" threadjack

2) goddammit, now I want some tasty chicken

3) need to do a side-by-side taste test on multiple joints at once.  I am a willing test subject

• Haha 1
  • Drool 2

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I have a neighbor a couple of blocks over with a rock/cactus garden that comes right up to the sidewalk.  A few weeks ago they put up a big Trump flag a few feet from the sidewalk.

Every morning as I'm walking my dogs past their house I hock a loogie on the flag.  It's a good way to start the day. 

+1 for the correct spelling of hock.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zonahorn said:

AZ Fed Of Republican Women with a nasty op-ed

Evangelicals be normal challenge level: IMPOSSIBLE

You know what.  Maybe I’m unfair to JD and I’m only hearing negative stuff because of my sources.  Let’s see what someone that likes him has to say. 

In a world where men are beating women in sports and teachers have become more obsessed with gender than basic math,

Ok. That’s plenty
image.gif.1ac80318250554ea8f26079725db0ce1.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Do I love the kinda background humorous cultural jab about our future first black female president holding a rally in North Carolina at an arena named after fried chicken?  You're goddamned right I do.

The biscuits are healthy (I kid) and delicious.  I'm a big fan of the cajun chicken biscuit, get a Cherwine to go with it, quite good.  

• Drool 1

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I was on the phone with my father-in-law earlier this week, and I was absolutely flabbergasted by how he spoke of Trump and his supporters.  His comment in summation was, "I just don't understand how people can be that stupid."  And that's shocking for two reasons: 1) his brother (whom he very much loves) is a huge MAGAt, and 2) I'm reasonably certain he voted for Trump in 2016.

I'm not exactly sure what happened along the way.  Maybe it was the disparagement of the military--my FIL was a Ranger in Vietnam.  Maybe it was the mishandling of COVID; he and my MIL did everything right during the pandemic.  But whatever it was, I'm happy for it.

Even happier for the fact that he lives in North motherfucking Carolina.

I know your example is anecdotal, but think about your fil and realize he represents thousands of likeminded boomer men that polls try to sample accurately. Now extrapolate his change in attitude to the population he represents. Even if it’s 10% of that subset, and even if they only abstain, that’s a huge shift. 

shit like this is why, despite what polls show, I think Harris is up bigly. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

How the fuck have you never had Bojangles?  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1