2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 hours ago, royiv said:

What the fuck has that man ever said that was even mildly funny? Serious question. He’s the least humorous person I can think of. Has anyone ever seen him laugh?

He had one tweet when Michael Cohen turned state's evidence against him where he said, "If anyone is looking for a good lawyer, I cannot recommend Michael Cohen."  I admit laughing to that one.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

Austin-based, well-known journalist. She didn't specify "non-anecdotal info" but if you trust Beto's info you'll like this.

image.thumb.png.05751f86da4fae8ed261f99a90452aff.png

edit - this is the article that resulted from the interview https://newrepublic.com/article/185896/taylor-swift-beto-orourke-harris

it has an interesting discussion about the TS endorsement and compares it to Beyonce's endorsement of Cruz, which occurred after new voter registration had closed. I'm guessing one of @Js1embeds of Tom Bonier on twitter had similar info as Cruz mentioned.

Beyonce endorsed Ted Cruz?  What the actual fuck?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Add they're taking the geese to they're eating the cats and they're eating the dogs.

When your choices are skyline chili or the neighborhood dogs and cats, I’ll take the pets 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Beyonce endorsed Ted Cruz?  What the actual fuck?

That would be a big about face since she was sporting a Beto hat six years ago and expressly gave her permission to the Harris Walz campaign to use one of her songs as their campaign theme song.

Edited by royiv
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

image.gif.e586dbc265522b63e8fb694b3210fcb9.gif

it has an interesting discussion about the TS endorsement and compares it to Beyonce's endorsement of Cruz, which occurred after new voter registration had closed.

From one of his prior runs based on the part that follows the bold, but surely that's fucking wrong?

From the actual article:

The only candidate in the United States to have received an endorsement from a celebrity as powerful and as well loved as Taylor Swift is Beto O’Rourke, who was treated on Election Day in 2018 to an image of Beyoncé wearing one of his campaign’s signature trucker hats. It was a stamp of approval in his race against the most loathed politician in America, Ted Cruz, from, as he puts it, “perhaps the most famous person to ever emerge from the state of Texas.”

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Not more than 15 minutes ago, conversation, Belterra area (near the Travis / Hays County line):

Him: Turned 21 y.o. 21 days ago.
(I won't get into details about how the conversation started).
"I'm voting Trump, but I don't really pay attention to politics."

• Me: Do you know anything about Trump being found liable for sexual assault in a civil trial?
- Him: Ummm... no.
• Me: Trump's conviction on 34 felony accounts for election / financial fraud?
- Him: No.
• Me: Do you support a woman's right to choose what happens with her own body, especially regarding abortion?
• Him: Yes.
- Me: Then... if so, are you aware that Trump brags about how *HE* nominated Supreme Court justices who overturned Roe v. Wade & it would not have happened without those same Justices.
• Him: No (& as he said that, I sensed he didn't know what R-v-W was).
- Me: Are you aware of something Trump said in private - like what guys might say when nobody else is around & they say what's REALLY on their mind... how Trump bragged about grabbing women "because when you're famous, they let you do it it"?
• Him: No.

- Me: "& You're voting 'Trump'... because why?
• Him: "Because I don't know much about it, but I think he is the better one."
. . . . . . . . .
( s i g h )

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Not more than 15 minutes ago, conversation, Belterra area (near the Travis / Hays County line):

Him:  Turned 21 y.o. 21 days ago.
(I won't get into details about how the conversation started).
"I'm voting Trump, but I don't really pay attention to politics."
•  Me:  Do you know anything about Trump being found liable for sexual assault I n a civil trial?
-  Him:  Ummm... no.
•  Me:  Trump's conviction on 34 felonybaccounts for election / financial fraud?
-  Him:  No.
•  Me:  Do you support a woman's right to choose what happens with her own body, especially regarding abortion?
•  Him:  Yes.
-  Me:  Then... if so, are you aware that Trump brags about how *HE* nominated Supreme Court justices who overturned Roe v. Wade & it would not have happened without those same Justices.
•  Him: No (& as he said that, I sensed he didn't know what R-v-W was).
-  Me:  Are you aware of something Trump said in private - like what guys might say when nobody else is around & they say what's REALLY on their mind... how Trump bragged about grabbing women "because when you're famous, they let you do it it"?
•  Him:  No.
-  Me:  "& You're voting 'Trump'... because why?
•  Him:  "Because I don't know much about it, but I think he is the better one."
 . . . . . . . . .  
( s i g h )

I live out there and this is way too common. My son graduated last year and will vote for the first time this year. He will vote for Harris, but you can hear how the people out here have an effect on his thoughts. I’m glad he feels like he can talk to us about it and ask questions.

So many kids out in Dripping that blindly follow because that is the attitude of the adults out here. Especially west of Belterra.

I will say, I see less of the flags and signs out here for Trump.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

45 minutes ago, Js1 said:

When your choices are skyline chili or the neighborhood dogs and cats, I’ll take the pets 

God that place is weird.  "First time!!? Let me explain our fabulous options.  Lame chili on noodles, in a bowl, with a goat, or in a boat. Add some cheese if you please; doubkr cheese is the bees knees...'

Sonic or JCI destroy that shit, and nobody brags on those options or makes it thier go to dish thier city is famous for.  It's Sbarro for a slice or Bill Miller for a brisket plate.

And I really like Cinci

53 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I was willing to give it a chance until somebody told me they put cinnamon on it.

The chili, not the pets

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

Austin-based, well-known journalist. She didn't specify "non-anecdotal info" but if you trust Beto's info you'll like this.

image.thumb.png.05751f86da4fae8ed261f99a90452aff.png

edit - this is the article that resulted from the interview https://newrepublic.com/article/185896/taylor-swift-beto-orourke-harris

it has an interesting discussion about the TS endorsement and compares it to Beyonce's endorsement of Cruz, which occurred after new voter registration had closed. I'm guessing one of @Js1embeds of Tom Bonier on twitter had similar info as Cruz mentioned.

I said the same thing about a month ago Harris is getting new voters in the game. Trump is shedding voters the polls are gonna be way off because the new voters are not getting counted and the posters are not counting for the people who will stay home  disgusted 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Red Five said:

I said essentially this to a Trumper yesterday and was told "Well Kamala slept her way to the top, so they both have their warts". 

I was talking to my 85ish going blind former teacher step mom yesterday and she asked if I watched the debate. I said “yes” then she hit me with the “she got where she is by spreading her legs” and “I wish we could find two new candidates.”  The bitched about the immigrants. 

• Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I was talking to my 85ish going blind former teacher step mom yesterday and she asked if I watched the debate. I said “yes” then she hit me with the “she got where she is by spreading her legs” and “I wish we could find two new candidates.”  The bitched about the immigrants. 

Did you tell her to shut the fuck up?

• Hook 'Em 3