2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

23 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

And sells supplements or something.  I never made it through one of his infomercials 

The dude that tells me which hot movies and stars I need to watch when I turn on my TV in a hotel room lecturing people about celebrity obsession.

1 minute ago, Bojack said:

Also, I'm shocked at the number of these people that start as know it all contrarian both sidesers and end up getting addicted to the right wing adulation that they get from criticizing democrats and the left. RFK Jr, Jill Stein (don't ever have dinner with Vlad Putin, you fucking idiot!), Russell Brand, Tulsi Gabbard, Lara Logan, Leon Musk, Marianne Williamson, and the list is almost endless. Of that list, just how many are literally insane and how many gain a greater platform despite or because of that insanity. 

They're grifters.  Plain and simple. 

• Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Wouldn’t surprise me since Vance is bought and paid for by thiel

47 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Remember that Thiel and Musk had Junior convince Trump to pick Vance.

I've thought for some time that the plan was to use MAGA to get Trump elected then the REAL coup occurs.

If you're the Harris campaign what do you do as far as publicizing this?

If you say a vote for Trump is a vote for Vance what happens?  Does it energize MAGA, Confuse them, piss them off?  I don't think the Harris campaign should do anything but I know I might use it to tweak my MAGA relatives.

20 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Maybe this will make Republicans boycott all travel now which would be great for making crowds smaller for the rest of us. 

From your lips to gods ears

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Js1 said:

As a traveler, I'm both a proud American and a citizen of the world — and I've got a few thoughts on this coming election. This election is deeper than partisanship. It's far more than Republican versus Democrat. In the future, big challenges like pandemics, refugees, and climate change will be blind to borders. They'll be everyone's problem and only solved by working together as a family of nations. The world needs not American isolation, but American leadership. Not the chaos of Trump, but the stability of @KamalaHarris

. Of course, how you vote is your choice. But if you believe, as I do, in the importance of nations working together constructively, the stakes are really high...and the best candidate is clear. Register to vote today at http://vote.gov — and encourage your travelin’ friends to do the same!

“And remember, be sure to ask a local, unless you’re anywhere in the south, outside of a city…”

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Js1 said:

As a traveler, I'm both a proud American and a citizen of the world — and I've got a few thoughts on this coming election. This election is deeper than partisanship. It's far more than Republican versus Democrat. In the future, big challenges like pandemics, refugees, and climate change will be blind to borders. They'll be everyone's problem and only solved by working together as a family of nations. The world needs not American isolation, but American leadership. Not the chaos of Trump, but the stability of @KamalaHarris

. Of course, how you vote is your choice. But if you believe, as I do, in the importance of nations working together constructively, the stakes are really high...and the best candidate is clear. Register to vote today at http://vote.gov — and encourage your travelin’ friends to do the same!

Ballgame

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

They're grifters.  Plain and simple. 

They're definitely grifters, but it speaks to a larger issue that we're seeing in our society in general. 

There's an epidemic with people that will not will accept or absorb any genuine criticism. They choose to ignore accountability for saying or doing stupid shit and instead gravitate to a group that will fully embrace them. This is how people end up in MAGA as well.

The number of people that hold themselves accountable for their actions is dwindling fast. And it's a fucking disaster. 

• Hook 'Em 5

32 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Maybe this will make Republicans boycott all travel now which would be great for making crowds smaller for the rest of us. 

It'd also immediately improve our global standing.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

15 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

If you say a vote for Trump is a vote for Vance what happens?  Does it energize MAGA, Confuse them, piss them off?  I don't think the Harris campaign should do anything but I know I might use it to tweak my MAGA relatives.

That's a good question and I think this is a great opportunity for rat fucking on the part of the Harris campaign. It's definitely something that MAGA would buy - these people live on conspiracy theories. 

It would at least make Trump paranoid as hell and want to dump Vance. 

It wouldn't get MAGA to switch but maybe just stay home.

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 3

34 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

14 minutes ago, G650 said:

From your lips to gods ears

Are you going to Branson, Vegas or Orlando?

MAGA does not travel to Europe in any large numbers but I hear Hungary is nice.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Dog said:

That's a good question and I think this is a great opportunity for rat fucking on the part of the Harris campaign. It's definitely something that MAGA would buy - these people live on conspiracy theories. 

It would at least make Trump paranoid as hell and want to dump Vance. 

It wouldn't get MAGA to switch but maybe just stay home.

This is a job for Q or RFK Jr.  He'll pick up on it and start shouting it out.

1 minute ago, TexasEd said:

MAGA does not travel to Europe in any large numbers but I hear Hungary is nice

Sadly, Hungary was nice. I hate what's happened to it. Budapest is a wonderful city.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, G650 said:

Sadly, Hungary was nice. I hate what's happened to it. Budapest is a wonderful city.

And now I'm laughing thinking of the typical MAGA spelling and pronouncing it Hungry  -  I want some of that manly European food. 

Spoiler

Hungry-Man-Salisbury-Steak-Frozen-Dinner-16-oz-Frozen_a06f07cb-e8a0-434d-ab3b-4b86a0d134dd.63c57f1d476a76868446b90fede62113.jpeg

Edited by TexasEd
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

This is a job for Q or RFK Jr.  He'll pick up on it and start shouting it out.

hell, just start "VANCE COUP" trending on twitter or something.

get the Streisand Effect going somehow. "VANCE DENIES THAT HE'LL PUSH TO 25TH TRUMP"

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

Great Article:

Far-right activist Laura Loomer's access to Trump reveals a crisis in his campaign

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/far-right-activist-laura-loomer-access-trump-crisis-campaign-rcna170915

No one can keep former President Donald Trump away from Laura Loomer.

Throughout his third presidential campaign, aides and advisers have done their best to shield him from Loomer, a far-right social media influencer, and similar figures who stroke his ego and stoke his basest political instincts.

They lost that battle this week, as Loomer traveled on Trump’s jet to his debate with Vice President Kamala Harris on Tuesday and to Sept. 11 memorial services Wednesday. Her presence at the latter infuriated some Democrats and Republicans because one of the many conspiracy theories she has promoted is the false notion that the terrorist assault on the U.S. was an “inside job.” It wasn’t.

Loomer’s return to Trump’s side is pitting key figures in his coalition against one another, testing the strength of a campaign already reeling from his subpar debate performance Tuesday and Democrats’ resurgence in the wake of their July candidate switch. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., and Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., major Trump allies in Congress who represent opposite ends of the Republican ideological spectrum, are publicly pressing him to ditch her. Loomer fired back Thursday with a string of invective about Graham.

Moreover, her presence reflects Trump’s loss of faith in his campaign aides and their concomitant fear of upsetting him in a time of crisis, according to people familiar with the situation. Last month, he tapped his 2016 campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, to be an adviser to his top advisers — a move widely viewed as a rebuke of the existing leadership crew. 

A senior official from Trump’s 2020 campaign team said that helps explain why Loomer is no longer being kept at arm’s length.

“The people that have the authority to stop it are hanging on to their jobs,” the former official said. “So are you going to pick that fight with him?”

Loomer didn’t respond to a request for comment Thursday, but fighting is a big part of her allure for Trump. She advocates as fiercely for him as she does for theories on the political fringe, like the baseless claim that Haitian immigrants are eating cats and dogs in Springfield, Ohio. Trump promoted that during Tuesday’s debate, creating an unwelcome distraction from his substantive differences with Harris, according to many Republicans. Graham and Greene portray her as a counterproductive influence on Trump when he is locked in a tight battle with Harris for the presidency.

Graham said Thursday that Loomer is “really toxic” and shouldn’t be in Trump’s circle. Loomer clapped back on X with a schoolyard taunt. 

“Senator Graham is working tirelessly day and night to help re-elect President Trump,” Graham communications director Taylor Reidy responded in a statement to NBC News. “This race is very much ours to lose. Ms. Loomer is a stain on society. There should be no place of prominence in this country for her vile, mean-spirited, destructive, racist rhetoric and views."

A Republican senator who is also a Trump ally said Trump is “often drawn to people who like and promote him.”

“It’s really dumb,” the senator added. 

Loomer’s willingness to hit below the belt and her influence within the Make America Great Again movement’s most aggressive elements are reasons enough for many of her critics to keep their mouths shut publicly. Few elected Republicans want to stick their necks out. But many lawmakers and donors back Greene’s posture toward Loomer, according to a source familiar with the situation, and some of them are reminding people in Trump’s orbit that Loomer lost two campaigns for Congress.

Greene’s beef with Loomer, which dates back a long time, was rekindled this week when Loomer wrote on X that a win by Harris, who is Indian American and Black, would mean “the White House will smell like curry & White House speeches will be facilitated via a call center.” 

The remark yielded rare agreement from Greene and President Joe Biden’s White House about what constitutes racism: Loomer’s words.

Trump advisers are trying to distance themselves from her without drawing his ire, making it clear that she doesn’t speak for his operation. Loomer is “not a member of our staff,” said a Trump campaign aide, who asked to remain anonymous.

When NBC News asked for comment this week, Loomer similarly said by text: “Why do you want to speak to me? I don’t work for President Trump.” 

Last year, she said she would "gladly" serve as press secretary in a Trump White House.

Democrats hammered Trump on Thursday for inviting Loomer to join him at the 9/11 memorial service.

“It was shocking and irresponsible and offensive to the thousands of people who lost their lives on Sept. 11, including hundreds of brave first responders, members of the NYPD, FDNY and others who raced toward the danger in order to help people escape the danger and lost their lives as a result of it,” House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y., told reporters. 

“Donald Trump is a conspiracy theory-peddling racial arsonist and pathological liar,” he added. “And the fact that on Sept. 11, this sacred day, he would bring a 9/11 conspiracy theorist to participate in events during this solemn commemoration should shock the conscience of all decent Americans, and I believe that it does just that.”

A Trump campaign official said Wednesday that the memorial service wasn’t about politics.

“President Trump put politics aside and stood beside Kamala Harris and Joe Biden to honor those who lost their lives during the worst terrorist attack in our nation’s history,” the official said in a statement. “The day wasn’t about anyone other than the souls who are no longer with us, their families, and the heroes who courageously stepped up to save their fellow Americans on that fateful day.”

A Republican senator, speaking on the condition of anonymity to avoid angering his party’s nominee, said Trump is endangering his chances of winning — and so are the staff members who aren’t playing gatekeeper.

“Everybody’s stunned that he would bring her down on his plane to the debate but even more stunned that she would be riding with him on the 9/11 anniversary. That kind of stuff will create a distraction you can’t overcome,” the senator said.

Asked whether Trump aides are enabling Loomer for fear of losing their jobs, the senator said, “There’s a lot of that in almost every campaign, but definitely this campaign.”

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 5

57 minutes ago, Bojack said:

Now, a former president of the United States and a candidate in a tight race for the same less than 2 months away is saying "I'll hit that" or at least he's completely unconcerned with that perception. Meanwhile, his wife, the former first lady, is never seen in his company as he campaigns.  Things are so fucked, that you won't hear a bleep about it anywhere but Surly and lefty YouTube or whatever.

I'm sending the two videos I've seen of them being handsy with each other to a lot of MAGA folks I know, and basically sending variations of "I don't like Trump, but I'm glad that at 78 years old he's found somebody who makes him happy to spend the rest of his life with and is living his best life, away from that Eastern European harpy."

They all know he cheats constantly.  They'll see how hands-on he is with her. Just one more thing to bug them as they vote for him.

And he absolutely is banging her, because she is giving him more attention and sending more smiles his way than we've ever seen Melania do in the last 8 years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, 1978horn said:

Bojangles is delicious. There is one south of Dallas on 35. Someone told me recently that there is one in San Antonio as well.

The biscuit with country ham is fucking legit. With a side of Mac and Chee. 

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

as for Trump banging Loomer, i'm not gonna cast aspersions on Donnie.  when i'm 78, if i'm overweight, wear a diaper, have B.O., and in a loveless marriage, and a 31 year old starts throwing some leg at me, even if she looks like a Sleestak, i can't say i would turn it down.

Or just move to The Villages.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Skipper said:

Your algorithm may be telling you that and maybe the Clay Travis douchebag's of the world post her clips, but I seriously doubt a bunch of "MAGA" are attending and/or watching a lot of women's basketball LOL.

Well, I think Clark has some extra appeal in that she is a white girl and ostensibly heterosexual.  They like that she's putting it on all those nasty brown lesbos.

• Hook 'Em 3

Another one:

How Donald Trump Got Loomered

Spoiler

Skip to contentSkip to footer

Politics / September 13, 2024

Laura Loomer’s strange journey from stalker to unofficial Trump confidant.

Jeet Heer

Laura Loomer, a right wing pundit and supporter of former U.S. President Donald Trump gathers outside the Wilkie D. Ferguson Jr. United States Federal where Trump is scheduled to be arraigned on June 13, 2023 in Miami, Florida.(Stephanie Keith / Getty Images)

On April 3, at a fundraiser at Mar-a-Lago, Donald Trump spotted in the audience a woman his aides were desperate to keep away from him: the far-right provocateur and failed congressional candidate Laura Loomer. Even in MAGA circles, Loomer is regarded as a loose cannon who loves to get attention from inflammatory comments that undermine the Republican party. But Trump doesn’t share the squeamishness of conventional politicians. In fact he gave a shout out to Loomer, saluting her as “a woman with courage.” Trump added an important caution: 

You don’t want to be Loomered. If you’re Loomered, you’re in big trouble. It’s the end of your career, in a sense!

Yet despite this wise warning, Trump is allowing himself to be Loomered. In the face of considerable opposition from Trump’s other advisors, Loomer has emerged as an important advisor to the former president. She flew with Trump down to Philadelphia when he debated Kamala Harris. Loomer was part of the small entourage that accompanied Trump to an event in New York memorializing the 9/11 terrorist attack. Trump’s attendance at the commemoration raised eyebrows, since he had previously argued 9/11 was an “inside job.”

Trump’s coinage “Loomered” is a curious word. It seems to mean something like “being made a pariah for provocative speech.” That is something Loomer herself has often experienced. In 2017, she responded to the statement that 2,000 migrants had died crossing the Mediterranean that year by quipping, “Good. 👏 Here is to 2,000 more.” That same year she appeared on a podcast called Nationalist Public Radio and affirmed that she was “pro-white nationalism,” adding:

But there’s a difference between white nationalism and white supremacy. Right? And a lot of liberals and left-wing globalist Marxist Jews don’t understand that…So this country really was built as the white Judeo-Christian ethnostate, essentially. Over time, immigration and all these calls for diversity, it’s starting to destroy this country.

Because of her bigoted comments, she’s been banned on various occasions from a wide variety of platforms, financial services and transportation companies including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, PayPal, Venmo, GoFundMe, Lyft and Uber. Loomer’s persona non grata status with the last two companies arose out of her demand that she be served by non-Muslim drivers.

Presidential candidates usually stay away from avid white nationalists, but Trump clearly sees such open racists as an important part of his coalition. This is why in November 2022 Trump dined with Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes and the antisemitic musician Kanye West.

Trump had actually proposed hiring Loomer to join his staff in the spring of 2023. As The New York Times reported on April 7, 2023:

Some of Mr. Trump’s aides were said to have concerns that such a hire would cause a backlash, given her history of inflammatory statements and her embrace of the Republican Party’s fringes.

That proved to be correct: The New York Times’s report on the potential hire ignited a firestorm among some of Mr. Trump’s most vocal conservative supporters, and by late Friday, a high-ranking campaign official said Ms. Loomer was no longer going to be hired.

But Loomer has the indefatigable energy and go-getting spirit of the true fanatic—or perhaps the true self-promoter. Even as Trump’s aides worked to keep her at bay, she was able to use her connections with other far-right allies in Trump’s circle to keep herself in the eyes of a former president. In the classic Anita Loos novel Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1925) the gold-digging flapper Lorelei Lee (played by Marilyn Monroe in the 1953 film adaptation) has a preternatural skill for capturing the eyes of wealthy men. Although Loomer is interested (it seems) in political conquests rather than romantic ones, she and Loos’s heroine have a similar set of tactics.  Loomer may not be a blonde (she has ink-black hair, enlivened by red highlights) but she could teach Lorelei Lee a thing or two.

In a superb profile of Loomer published in The Washington Post on May 3, reporter Kara Voght made clear that Loomer’s behavior shaded into that of a stalker. As Voght recounts:

It would be easy enough for Laura Loomer to prove how much she means to Donald Trump. She just needed a way for us to bump into him.

The plan: Leave Vero Beach at 9 a.m. on Wednesday morning. That would give us enough time to swing by Starbucks — “I’m not one of those conservatives who hates Starbucks,” Loomer said — and hit Interstate 95 southbound as rush hour waned. Arrive at Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach around 11:30 a.m.; her name would be on the list, as a guest of a club member who routinely plays golf with the former president. Head to the oak-paneled dining room, or maybe the veranda, for lunch. Trump would finish his round of golf not long after that. If he came by the dining area — though he often came by the dining area — he would say hello.

That plan didn’t come off, but on other occasions Loomer was able to get Trump’s attention.  Loomer’s success in worming her way into Trump’s court is due to a psychological quirk of the former president. Trump, found by a court to be liable for sexual assault, is often rough on women but has no desire for reciprocal treatment. Quite the reverse: he loves to be pampered by women and has created a harem of handmaidens tasked with soothing him. In the past, the role of Trump-pamperer has been held by figures such as Kellyanne Conway and Hope Hicks. Loomer was smart enough to realize there was an opening for a new handmaiden.

Normally politicians and celebrities don’t seek out the company of their stalkers, but Trump remains unique. As a part of Trump’s inner circle, Loomer is already causing divisions, since her racism is too overt even for many MAGA politicians who themselves are seen as incendiary. Last Sunday, Loomer posted a picture of the young Kamala Harris with her family. Loomer commented:

If @KamalaHarris wins, the White House will smell like curry & White House speeches will be facilitated via a call center and the American people will only be able to convey their feedback through a customer satisfaction survey at the end of the call that nobody will understand.

Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene, hardly an emblem of woke culture, denounced this post as “appalling and extremely racist. It does not represent who we are as Republicans or MAGA. This does not represent President Trump.”

Loomer then counter-attacked by claiming Greene herself was a racist who liked to use the n-word. Loomer also brought up Greene’s comments about Jewish space lasers and for good measure accused Greene of adultery and having an intimate relationship with former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy.

Responding to criticism from South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham, Loomer characterized the lawmaker as a closeted gay man.

Loomer’s ability to create rifts in the GOP is wonderful news for Democrats. As the famous meme from a Godzilla movie says, “let them fight.”

The fact that Trump has taken Loomer into his fold as an ad-hoc advisor is proof of how central racism and xenophobia are to his presidential bid. But Loomer’s lack of control and propensity for inter-party squabbling could hurt the former president. Trump has Loomered himself—and we should hope the Loomering continues.

ETA an article from last year: Marjorie Taylor Greene warns Trump against hiring Laura Loomer (The Hill from April 2023)

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 1

Not 100% on either of these polls but Indiana - Trump +10 and Arkansas Trump +15

52-42 Indiana (Trump won it 57-41 and 2012 was 54-44 Romney)

55-40 Arkansas (Trump won it 62-35 and no Dem has gotten 40% there since Kerry, 54-45 loss to Bush)

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Another one:

Hide contents

Skip to contentSkip to footer

Politics / September 13, 2024

Laura Loomer’s strange journey from stalker to unofficial Trump confidant.

Jeet Heer

Laura Loomer, a right wing pundit and supporter of former U.S. President Donald Trump gathers outside the Wilkie D. Ferguson Jr. United States Federal where Trump is scheduled to be arraigned on June 13, 2023 in Miami, Florida.(Stephanie Keith / Getty Images)

On April 3, at a fundraiser at Mar-a-Lago, Donald Trump spotted in the audience a woman his aides were desperate to keep away from him: the far-right provocateur and failed congressional candidate Laura Loomer. Even in MAGA circles, Loomer is regarded as a loose cannon who loves to get attention from inflammatory comments that undermine the Republican party. But Trump doesn’t share the squeamishness of conventional politicians. In fact he gave a shout out to Loomer, saluting her as “a woman with courage.” Trump added an important caution: 

You don’t want to be Loomered. If you’re Loomered, you’re in big trouble. It’s the end of your career, in a sense!

Yet despite this wise warning, Trump is allowing himself to be Loomered. In the face of considerable opposition from Trump’s other advisors, Loomer has emerged as an important advisor to the former president. She flew with Trump down to Philadelphia when he debated Kamala Harris. Loomer was part of the small entourage that accompanied Trump to an event in New York memorializing the 9/11 terrorist attack. Trump’s attendance at the commemoration raised eyebrows, since he had previously argued 9/11 was an “inside job.”

Trump’s coinage “Loomered” is a curious word. It seems to mean something like “being made a pariah for provocative speech.” That is something Loomer herself has often experienced. In 2017, she responded to the statement that 2,000 migrants had died crossing the Mediterranean that year by quipping, “Good. 👏 Here is to 2,000 more.” That same year she appeared on a podcast called Nationalist Public Radio and affirmed that she was “pro-white nationalism,” adding:

But there’s a difference between white nationalism and white supremacy. Right? And a lot of liberals and left-wing globalist Marxist Jews don’t understand that…So this country really was built as the white Judeo-Christian ethnostate, essentially. Over time, immigration and all these calls for diversity, it’s starting to destroy this country.

Because of her bigoted comments, she’s been banned on various occasions from a wide variety of platforms, financial services and transportation companies including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, PayPal, Venmo, GoFundMe, Lyft and Uber. Loomer’s persona non grata status with the last two companies arose out of her demand that she be served by non-Muslim drivers.

Presidential candidates usually stay away from avid white nationalists, but Trump clearly sees such open racists as an important part of his coalition. This is why in November 2022 Trump dined with Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes and the antisemitic musician Kanye West.

Trump had actually proposed hiring Loomer to join his staff in the spring of 2023. As The New York Times reported on April 7, 2023:

Some of Mr. Trump’s aides were said to have concerns that such a hire would cause a backlash, given her history of inflammatory statements and her embrace of the Republican Party’s fringes.

That proved to be correct: The New York Times’s report on the potential hire ignited a firestorm among some of Mr. Trump’s most vocal conservative supporters, and by late Friday, a high-ranking campaign official said Ms. Loomer was no longer going to be hired.

But Loomer has the indefatigable energy and go-getting spirit of the true fanatic—or perhaps the true self-promoter. Even as Trump’s aides worked to keep her at bay, she was able to use her connections with other far-right allies in Trump’s circle to keep herself in the eyes of a former president. In the classic Anita Loos novel Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1925) the gold-digging flapper Lorelei Lee (played by Marilyn Monroe in the 1953 film adaptation) has a preternatural skill for capturing the eyes of wealthy men. Although Loomer is interested (it seems) in political conquests rather than romantic ones, she and Loos’s heroine have a similar set of tactics.  Loomer may not be a blonde (she has ink-black hair, enlivened by red highlights) but she could teach Lorelei Lee a thing or two.

In a superb profile of Loomer published in The Washington Post on May 3, reporter Kara Voght made clear that Loomer’s behavior shaded into that of a stalker. As Voght recounts:

It would be easy enough for Laura Loomer to prove how much she means to Donald Trump. She just needed a way for us to bump into him.

The plan: Leave Vero Beach at 9 a.m. on Wednesday morning. That would give us enough time to swing by Starbucks — “I’m not one of those conservatives who hates Starbucks,” Loomer said — and hit Interstate 95 southbound as rush hour waned. Arrive at Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach around 11:30 a.m.; her name would be on the list, as a guest of a club member who routinely plays golf with the former president. Head to the oak-paneled dining room, or maybe the veranda, for lunch. Trump would finish his round of golf not long after that. If he came by the dining area — though he often came by the dining area — he would say hello.

That plan didn’t come off, but on other occasions Loomer was able to get Trump’s attention.  Loomer’s success in worming her way into Trump’s court is due to a psychological quirk of the former president. Trump, found by a court to be liable for sexual assault, is often rough on women but has no desire for reciprocal treatment. Quite the reverse: he loves to be pampered by women and has created a harem of handmaidens tasked with soothing him. In the past, the role of Trump-pamperer has been held by figures such as Kellyanne Conway and Hope Hicks. Loomer was smart enough to realize there was an opening for a new handmaiden.

Normally politicians and celebrities don’t seek out the company of their stalkers, but Trump remains unique. As a part of Trump’s inner circle, Loomer is already causing divisions, since her racism is too overt even for many MAGA politicians who themselves are seen as incendiary. Last Sunday, Loomer posted a picture of the young Kamala Harris with her family. Loomer commented:

If @KamalaHarris wins, the White House will smell like curry & White House speeches will be facilitated via a call center and the American people will only be able to convey their feedback through a customer satisfaction survey at the end of the call that nobody will understand.

Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene, hardly an emblem of woke culture, denounced this post as “appalling and extremely racist. It does not represent who we are as Republicans or MAGA. This does not represent President Trump.”

Loomer then counter-attacked by claiming Greene herself was a racist who liked to use the n-word. Loomer also brought up Greene’s comments about Jewish space lasers and for good measure accused Greene of adultery and having an intimate relationship with former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy.

Responding to criticism from South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham, Loomer characterized the lawmaker as a closeted gay man.

Loomer’s ability to create rifts in the GOP is wonderful news for Democrats. As the famous meme from a Godzilla movie says, “let them fight.”

The fact that Trump has taken Loomer into his fold as an ad-hoc advisor is proof of how central racism and xenophobia are to his presidential bid. But Loomer’s lack of control and propensity for inter-party squabbling could hurt the former president. Trump has Loomered himself—and we should hope the Loomering continues.

From Hope Hicks to Laura Loomer is quite a fall

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

Another data point, pointed out to me by a woman, of course: He's not wearing a wedding ring. And you can tell by the hat the image isn't flipped.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not sure he's ever worn a wedding ring.

2 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Honestly, I'd leave things as they are. The way things are going, Harris is in a comfortable position. Could be a lot of "Never Trumpers" or others who are very squeamish about pulling the lever for Trump that might not have as hard a time if they thought JD was going to take over in short order. These people don't do a deep enough dive to know how big of an uninspiring punchbowl turd that JD is. They just see a fresh, young face who is racist AF just like they are.

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Wait Loomer is 31 years old?

Unbelievable isn't it?

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

LOL

Simply amazing.

Last year, (Loomer) said she would "gladly" serve as press secretary in a Trump White House.

If Trump wins, and the ship's going down anyways, yeah, sure, why not? I'd be down for that. Daily press conferences would be absolutely bonkers.

Edited by C-Man
edited the quote to better ID that crazy Jigsaw-resembling bitch is who it was about
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

From Hope Hicks to Laura Loomer is quite a fall

Hicks wasn't letting that dirty old fucker get anywhere near her naughty parts.

She was saving herself for (checks notes) ... Corey Lewandowski. What was the question again?

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Hey Mario…that’s what we’ve been saying. For damned near a decade now. About all the fools who are in the thrall of a game show host with numerous photo spreads of his gold furniture and crap. Jesus, every accusation really IS a confession for these abject morons.

If the celebrity gossip industrial complex didn't exist, he would have ended up like Dustin Diamond

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

And when in doubt, ask a local!

as for Trump banging Loomer, i'm not gonna cast aspersions on Donnie.  when i'm 78, if i'm overweight, wear a diaper, have B.O., and in a loveless marriage, and a 31 year old starts throwing some leg at me, even if she looks like a Sleestak, i can't say i would turn it down.

Not turn it down but at least turn it over. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1