2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

And when in doubt, ask a local!

as for Trump banging Loomer, i'm not gonna cast aspersions on Donnie.  when i'm 78, if i'm overweight, wear a diaper, have B.O., and in a loveless marriage, and a 31 year old starts throwing some leg at me, even if she looks like a Sleestak, i can't say i would turn it down.

Not turn it down but at least turn it over. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

WaPo has an article about the Harris/Walz digital rapid response team. https://archive.ph/dX2tg In the Tech section, so has the feel of a feature, and not political.

image.thumb.png.84c87f2051dc753f5569908f800426b0.png

It's interesting all the way through. The conclusion gives me the expectation that not only will they find creatives uses on tiktok and insta to drive turnout, they'll be effective in doing so.

image.thumb.png.b62f77fe14c246e4bf5fe631b1eb364c.png

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

Goddammit. I got shit to do at work. I can't jump into bizarro world sitting here in the parking lot of a warehouse.

The rest of us are going to do that today, so you should just say fuck it and join the party

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, LTbear said:

Look, I'm gonna be honest... I make my chili with a shitload of spice, but it also includes cinnamon, brown sugar, and is slow-cooked in an entire 6 pack of stout beer until the liquid burns off. And it's good as shit. (No beans, obviously). 

Hate me if you must. 

Not hate, just a fact. Cooks used to use spices like cinnamon and clove to mask the flavor of poor quality meats.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bojack said:

Even the most committed ledge dwellers never saw that coming. Anyone that had predicted that 2 months ago would have been dismissed as out of their mind. 

Ahem.  As a senior member of the ledge dwellers' officer corps and glee squad....I predicted that his campaign was only going to go further down the rabbit hole.  Their sole strategy is to motivate and "inspire" the true-believer base.  And to do that...you go even more "true-believer."  Loomer, and more like her, are a stone-cold lock for this campaign.  It's what MAGA is.

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

They're definitely grifters, but it speaks to a larger issue that we're seeing in our society in general. 

There's an epidemic with people that will not will accept or absorb any genuine criticism. They choose to ignore accountability for saying or doing stupid shit and instead gravitate to a group that will fully embrace them. This is how people end up in MAGA as well.

The number of people that hold themselves accountable for their actions is dwindling fast. And it's a fucking disaster. 

PARTY OF PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!  EXCEPT OUR ENTIRE BELIEF SYSTEM IS TO BLAME OTHER PEOPLE FOR EVERYTHING SHITTY IN OUR LIVES!  AND WE'RE INCAPABLE OF EVER ADMITTING WE WERE WRONG ABOUT ANYTHING AND....TAKING ANY RESPONSIBILITY!

If the results and shitshow they've subjected us to wasn't so serious, this would be fucking hysterical.  Every MAGA voter is a walking bowl of runny-shit-speckled cognitive dissonance.  Even the "smartest" among them have a lengthy record of saying "Trump is indeed an insane pile of shit," now topped with their position of "and there is nothing I love doing more than gobbling Trump's crank."  They are pathetic, stupid, and loathsome.  Why we haven't launched a viral campaign of "TRUE PATRIOTS DRINK HEMLOCK!" I just don't understand.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Ahem.  As a senior member of the ledge dwellers' officer corps and glee squad....I predicted that his campaign was only going to go further down the rabbit hole.  Their sole strategy is to motivate and "inspire" the true-believer base.  And to do that...you go even more "true-believer."  Loomer, and more like her, are a stone-cold lock for this campaign.  It's what MAGA is.

If 6 weeks ago, you had predicted that Loomer specifically would've been joining the inner circle of Trump's campaign, helping prepare for the debate, and joining him at events like 9 11 memorials, you'd have been dismissed as a @Helobious sock.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Born to Run said:

Agreed; but it always had an element of darkness.  I'm never going back there.

My favorite Hungary story is from 25 years ago, I was working with a much senior attorney.  He was old, but incredibly smart and well-read.  And for some reason, he went OFF on Hungary.  His closing, most-denigrating remark?  "For pete's sake....THEY DON'T EVEN SPEAK AN INDO-EUROPEAN LANGUAGE!!!"

That just always struck me as a damned funny reason to shit on a country.

But in Hungary's case, it seems it's deserved.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Bojack said:

If 6 weeks ago, you had predicted that Loomer specifically would've been joining the inner circle of Trump's campaign, helping prepare for the debate, and joining him at events like 9 11 memorials, you'd have been dismissed as a @Helobious sock.

I mean...I think her presence/role is squarely within the Brisket Rules of 1) there is no bottom, and 2) it only gets worse.  She is the living embodiment of those rules, actually.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

They're definitely grifters, but it speaks to a larger issue that we're seeing in our society in general. 

There's an epidemic with people that will not will accept or absorb any genuine criticism. They choose to ignore accountability for saying or doing stupid shit and instead gravitate to a group that will fully embrace them. This is how people end up in MAGA as well.

The number of people that hold themselves accountable for their actions is dwindling fast. And it's a fucking disaster. 

They're always victims.  You know, the real pull yourself up by your bootstrap types.  

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

And he absolutely is banging her, because she is giving him more attention and sending more smiles his way than we've ever seen Melania do in the last 8 years.

How many male politicians/execs/faculty have their arm around another woman's, a failed politician but publicity hound, waist today, in the age of accusations?  She has everything to gain and he has everything to lose.  She loses nothing--she's at ground level.  But here it is, for all to see, an idiot and a soon to be publicity wealthy idiot.  

• Hook 'Em 4

13 minutes ago, Pancho said:

This week Vance also appeared on a podcast and called this election an extension of the Civil War, and said he was running on the side of the Confederacy. You'd think that might make the news, too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 7

Just now, Chopper said:

This week Vance also appeared on a podcast and called this election an extension of the Civil War, and said he was running on the side of the Confederacy. You'd think that might make the news, too.

I mean, at this point every media outlet in the country doesn't have the collective capacity to keep up with the idiotic-to-infuriating things that come out of that weirdo's mounth

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, TexasEd said:

MAGA does not travel to Europe in any large numbers but I hear Hungary is nice.

LOL funny enough, my MAGA mom just landed in Rome - first time.  "Oh my god, it's filthy.  And congested! Waited my whole life to come here and it's gross"

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

• Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2024/09/13/congress/house-centrists-vow-to-certify-2024-election-00178945

Assuming these 6 stay on board, MAGA reps would be unable to block the certification of the election given the current numbers in the House of Representatives.

More than 30 House members, including a half-dozen Republicans, have signed a bipartisan pledge to uphold the results of the 2024 election amid an increased focus on Congress' role in certifying the tally next January.

A pair of House centrists, Reps. Josh Gottheimer (D-N.J.) and Don Bacon (R-Neb.), have worked for months to organize what they’re calling a “unity commitment” — an agreement to “safeguard the fairness and integrity” of this fall’s presidential election.

Five other Republicans also signed on: Reps. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.), Mike Lawler (R-N.Y.), Lori Chavez-DeRemer (R-Ore.), Nick LaLota (R-N.Y.) and Anthony D’Esposito (R-N.Y.).

None of the six Republicans who signed the pledge voted against certifying the 2020 election on Jan. 6, 2021. (Several of them were not yet in office.) A total of 139 House Republicans did vote against certifying President Joe Biden's victory.

In addition to vowing to certify the election and attend the inauguration ceremony in person, the lawmakers will also speak up as “a voice for calm and reconciliation" and speak out "against those who endorse or engage in violence.”

“In America we respect election results especially once the courts and appeals work through the process,” Bacon said in a statement. “We fight hard to win during campaigns and then respect the results when the votes are counted.”

Spoiler

In his third presidential run, former President Donald Trump has continued to insist that he did not lose the election in 2020 — stoking fear that he may again encourage his supporters to block certification of the election next January if he loses for a second time. Trump and his allies have also continued to raise unfounded alarms about voter fraud that could impact the election.

But some Republicans have also pointed to comments from Democrats such as Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.), who has questioned whether Trump would be legally qualified even if he did win the election under the Constitution. Raskin has pointed to the Fourteenth Amendment, which bars people who have “engaged in insurrection or rebellion” from holding office — though the Supreme Court ruled earlier this year that enforcing that clause lies solely with Congress.

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2024/09/13/congress/house-centrists-vow-to-certify-2024-election-00178945

Assuming these 6 stay on board, MAGA reps would be unable to block the certification of the election given the current numbers in the House of Representatives.

Reveal hidden contents

In his third presidential run, former President Donald Trump has continued to insist that he did not lose the election in 2020 — stoking fear that he may again encourage his supporters to block certification of the election next January if he loses for a second time. Trump and his allies have also continued to raise unfounded alarms about voter fraud that could impact the election.

But some Republicans have also pointed to comments from Democrats such as Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.), who has questioned whether Trump would be legally qualified even if he did win the election under the Constitution. Raskin has pointed to the Fourteenth Amendment, which bars people who have “engaged in insurrection or rebellion” from holding office — though the Supreme Court ruled earlier this year that enforcing that clause lies solely with Congress.

They'll bail.  All GQP are MAGA.  All. Of. Them. If they are in office still as GQP, they will come home to do what MAGAs do.

Never trust a Republican to do the right thing.  On anything.  Ever.  After what has happened to that party, after all that they know now, there is no painting it any other way: if you are still a Republican, you cannot be trusted.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Foosters said:

Isn't Mario Lopez's "job" being a host of a TV show that talks about what celebrities are doing?

13 hours ago, mdmost said:

This asshole has worked for over a decade for Access Hollywood. He works for a show that obsesses over celebrities and sells to the masses that they should also be obsessed with celebrities.

there's a reason he was cast as the airhead jock on SBtB and not much after that.

4 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Well yeah, but you only need 87 House members to challenge a state's electoral votes (and 20 Senators). 

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean...I think her presence/role is squarely within the Brisket Rules of 1) there is no bottom, and 2) it only gets worse.  She is the living embodiment of those rules, actually.

And here we can insert the puppy killer governor from West Dakota - in Pennsylvania with Trump today.   Because nothing produces more positive energy among Pennsylvanians than shooting your puppy.

Yins agree?

42 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

My favorite Hungary story is from 25 years ago, I was working with a much senior attorney.  He was old, but incredibly smart and well-read.  And for some reason, he went OFF on Hungary.  His closing, most-denigrating remark?  "For pete's sake....THEY DON'T EVEN SPEAK AN INDO-EUROPEAN LANGUAGE!!!"

That just always struck me as a damned funny reason to shit on a country.

But in Hungary's case, it seems it's deserved.

Sounds like he was a cunning linguist.

31 minutes ago, Js1 said:

LOL funny enough, my MAGA mom just landed in Rome - first time.  "Oh my god, it's filthy.  And congested! Waited my whole life to come here and it's gross"

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Tell her it's because of the mafia.

She would prefer Northern Italy for its cleanliness thanks to it not being controlled by the mafia, but instead by-  /dramatic pause/

the illuminati.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

My 6am thoughts: JD Vance was the plan for President by the #HeritageFoundation all along. It was NEVER about Trump. Please realize that the Republicans are good at one thing — besides greed, racism and hatred — and it’s the long game for ultimate power. I couldn’t figure out WHY that weirdo was SO cocky with his hatefulness. It’s because he KNOWS HE will be President a month after a Trump inauguration. 25th Amendment, baby. Also: The corrupt and bought Supreme Court created immunity for VANCE, not Trump. What Vance and Thiel and the Heritage Foundation have planned will need it. All Trump needs is a broad pardon that will keep him out of jail. Staying out of jail was his only goal in running. He’s already got the secrets to sell to get more money. Y’all better realize what’s actually happening and get everybody you know to vote #HarrisWalz! You think a Trump Presidency is bad. Take 40 years off him and add more malevolent evil. Vance also isn’t dumb. He’s arrogant, unscrupulous & charm-free. But he’s not dumb. Which makes Vance WAY more dangerous. His whole life he’s shape-shifted to fit the agenda & his goals. His look, his name…even his preferences & proclivities are mutable. HE’s the snake. THINK, people. Make sure you and your friends are registered and vote like your life and the freedoms you love depend on it. They DO ! Let’s go!

• Like 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

Not hate, just a fact. Cooks used to use spices like cinnamon and clove to mask the flavor of poor quality meats.

Sure. And when added (in moderation) to really good meat, makes a helluva interesting taste. 

• Haha 1