2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Trump being asked about Loomer got very close to saying "I don't know Laura Loomer". 

He also said that all the polls had him winning the debate and that he was up six in the first election poll released post-debate. I listened for probably 15 seconds and got that amount of absolute horseshit. 

• Haha 1

I'd love for a Trump/Loomer affair to break a couple weeks before the election.  Not that I think that's going to be the final straw for the Trump worshipers, or cause of of the "undecideds" to vote for Trump.  But I'd love for there to be more and more evidence of his complete piece of shit human existence in his final days, and if this race still might at all be close in October, maybe it'll cause enough Trumpers to stay home with the thought of "oh well, he can't win now with this latest edition of fake news."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

WaPo has an article about the Harris/Walz digital rapid response team. https://archive.ph/dX2tg In the Tech section, so has the feel of a feature, and not political.

image.thumb.png.84c87f2051dc753f5569908f800426b0.png

It's interesting all the way through. The conclusion gives me the expectation that not only will they find creatives uses on tiktok and insta to drive turnout, they'll be effective in doing so.

image.thumb.png.b62f77fe14c246e4bf5fe631b1eb364c.png

My 18 year old daughter was asking me if I knew about project 2025 because she saw a video on TikTok.

58 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

This is a good one. 

STRAIGHT INTO MY VEINS

39 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

infuriating

Do they have a bar and grill like at Doral and does it share a menu?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

My 18 year old daughter was asking me if I knew about project 2025 because she saw a video on TikTok.

STRAIGHT INTO MY VEINS

Do they have a bar and grill like at Doral and does it share a menu?

do-it.gif

• Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

39 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

“this woman is your typical catholic-protestant, sunni-shiite, evangelical-atheist, and she’s coming for your pet minotaurs and jackelopes. i saw it on tv.”

Edited by Derka
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Derka said:

i would love it if this became a mega viral trend, just gen z going wild with the snapchat filters, if for nothing else than what it would do to trump’s mental health, as well as the truth social posts that it would spawn:

Someone earlier today had a story about the Tiktok crew for Kamala and Walz. I think feral was used as a descriptor.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

This is a good one. 

Small clarification as the tweet is misleading. Those ads aren’t produced by the campaign. They are ads produced and paid for by a PAC supportive of Harris. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I know the name but not the significance or demographics 

Nothing super significant. But it was a pretty big Biden area, just SW of Scranton. Need to keep up the turnout in those places + Philly/Pittsburgh to win PA

• Hook 'Em 4

The Loomer thing is definitely entertaining. I’m a little torn on whether to be happy about it.

In the short term, I think she is more damaging than Trumps debate. She is directly attacking Republicans, and viciously so. Openly calling MTG’s infidelity and Ladybug’s sexuality - that is not just politics. And it’s not good politics. For the last 8 years I’ve believed that Trumpism only ends when the Republicans have a civil war and the adults win. She is definitely starting that war.

But, in the long term, she may be the most likely heir to the Trump throne. Everything that was perceived about Trump 8 years ago applies to her. He was too racist, too stupid, too bombastic with other Republicans. She pushes the bar even lower.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 minutes ago, Tuco said:

She pushes the bar even lower.

Yes, but she has never been a celebrity and has never claimed to be a billionaire. Loomers are a dime a dozen in MAGA world. There's a reason she couldn't even come within 20 points in a heavy R congressional district in FL. She don't got it.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Tuco said:

The Loomer thing is definitely entertaining. I’m a little torn on whether to be happy about it.

In the short term, I think she is more damaging than Trumps debate. She is directly attacking Republicans, and viciously so. Openly calling MTG’s infidelity and Ladybug’s sexuality - that is not just politics. And it’s not good politics. For the last 8 years I’ve believed that Trumpism only ends when the Republicans have a civil war and the adults win. She is definitely starting that war.

But, in the long term, she may be the most likely heir to the Trump throne. Everything that was perceived about Trump 8 years ago applies to her. He was too racist, too stupid, too bombastic with other Republicans. She pushes the bar even lower.

I haven't seen anyone who will take up that role.  Trump has some kind of regard charisma that I haven't seen in any other public MAGA figure.  It's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

And when in doubt, ask a local!

as for Trump banging Loomer, i'm not gonna cast aspersions on Donnie.  when i'm 78, if i'm overweight, wear a diaper, have B.O., and in a loveless marriage, and a 31 year old starts throwing some leg at me, even if she looks like a Sleestak, i can't say i would turn it down.

What does a sleestack look like in the dark?

Exactly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I just hope and pray that she's causing some republicans to stay home. 

Yeah, that’s why MTG, Lady G, Tillis, etc. are openly calling out Loomer.  It’s a plea to Trump to stop banging her.  This may actually hurt him.  Obviously, hardcore MAGA won’t be turned off by it if it becomes public that they’re banging. Hell, it might turn them on.

But if it causes 100,000 thousand people out of the 74 million previous Trump voters to stay home, that would make a difference in certain states.  We’re dealing with the thinnest of margins.  Trump having an affair with a certified nut job 47 years his junior *could* be enough to make a not insubstantial number of Republicans to just say fuck, I’m done with him. I’m staying home.  Not just Trump cheating on Melania (we know he cheats) but with all the shit Loomer has said.  Sick, vile, disgusting, racist, homophobic crap. *could*

• Hook 'Em 5

Should we have a separate October surprise "call your shot" thread?

Here are some ideas I've been kicking around

• Secret Service "leak" or "statement" about Butler with a new overstated claim about some lapse that was somehow Biden's or Kamala's fault
    • (a "Comey letter" redux attempt)
  • Trump is hospitalized
    • Flu, COVID, household injury, sex injury while banging Loomer
    • a sympathy play
  • Melania serves divorce papers
    • Loomer vs Melania gossip sucks up all the media attention
    • All the kids including Barron side with Trump out of fear
    • Harris takes the high road on it, surrogates do all the dirty work
  • GWB dies, Laura Bush endorses Trump or Harris
    • funeral taking a few 24 hour news cycles
    • endorsement of course doesn't make a shit
  • Walz mistress allegation
    • some poorly-sourced story about his time away from home in National Guard
    • accuser with Larry Sinclair-level credibility, no receipts
    • time spent addressing/debunking hurts the campaign
  • Kamala drunk video
    • nothingburger where she's having a good time somewhere
    • slight hit to her presidential image
  • Charlie Kirk J6 indictment
    • his organization, Turning Point, was responsible for bussing "patriots" to DC
    • Project 2025 people indicted or implicated too
    • "they're not after me they're after you I'm just in their way" messaging from Trump
  • JD Vance MeToo allegation
    • Ohio State or Yale days
    • girl with receipts
    • possible infidelity depending on if it was after he was seriously dating Usha
    • will alienate moderates, everyone else already knows he sucks

• Haha 3