2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

4 hours ago, chainsaw said:

If the celebrity gossip industrial complex didn't exist, he would have ended up like Dustin Diamond

There have been times I've cursed the existence of Robin Leach and his Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous for giving us the likes of Donald Trump. Putting the fun movie/music nostalgia aside, the 1980s really was the start of a whole lot of bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

There have been times I've cursed the existence of Robin Leach and his Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous for giving us the likes of Donald Trump. Putting the fun movie/music nostalgia aside, the 1980s really was the start of a whole lot of bullshit.

one day we will look at Reagan like we look at Columbus.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, TexLonghorn said:

Hey, everyone!  Turns out we all misunderstood Mario Lopez when he posted about celebrity obsession and low intelligence!  He actually meant the opposite!  Oopsies!  And this is his true belief, not a reaction to how ratioed he got for the first post.

He got pistolwhipped by his agent, a reminder where his bread is buttered

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Tuco said:

The Loomer thing is definitely entertaining. I’m a little torn on whether to be happy about it.

In the short term, I think she is more damaging than Trumps debate. She is directly attacking Republicans, and viciously so. Openly calling MTG’s infidelity and Ladybug’s sexuality - that is not just politics. And it’s not good politics. For the last 8 years I’ve believed that Trumpism only ends when the Republicans have a civil war and the adults win. She is definitely starting that war.

But, in the long term, she may be the most likely heir to the Trump throne. Everything that was perceived about Trump 8 years ago applies to her. He was too racist, too stupid, too bombastic with other Republicans. She pushes the bar even lower.

but she's an unknown without the charisma to pull it off.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

Should we have a separate October surprise "call your shot" thread?

• JD Vance MeToo allegation
    • Ohio State or Yale days
    • guy or couch with receipts
    • possible infidelity depending on if it was after he was seriously dating Usha
    • will alienate moderates, everyone else already knows he sucks

FIFY

Edited by TexasEd
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

bcd7ab9f-1d95-47a3-a424-facb7668d5aa.png

Yes.  California.  Completely destroyed.

What a hellscape.

Night-view-Laguna-Beach-California.jpg

And I gotta say, my favorite political group of all time is the Marxist Fascists.  They both want to seize the means of production....AND make everyone slaves to corporate masters.  That's some impressive multitasking right there, gotta hand it to 'em.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1