2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 hours ago, Slacks said:

So... Are the Republicans going to split from MAGA?

Have to, right?

The Republicans ARE MAGA now. Once Trump had a crony in charge of funding, everyone in it is a loyalist - or out.

My prediction, which I've been saying for years, is that the "good" Republicans Jim the Democrats, and the truly far Left make their own party.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Left Coast said:

I love the idea of people in Mississippi, Arkansas, Missouri or other shithole MAGA states “worried” that they’ll become California if Kamala is elected. 

And of course the moron does it while standing on a bluff overlooking the Pacific instead of in front of Skid Row or some other “California is going to hell” photo op.

Just the dumbest people.

they should be praying that their shit hole states become the next california 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

This is pretty sick.  Ween did a great version at Stubb's back in the day, but this crushed it in all ways but the patented DLR's, "Who-ah-whoa-hoos!"  Different show, but killer for not having an actual Van Halen on guitar.

/edit.  The Ween version is sufficiently great.  Much in the spirit of old-school Van Halen.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

It’s so bizarre.  
1. They won’t if you’re rich

2. So many of these people are fully convinced they’re gonna wake up loaded one day and they’ll have made the right choice backing this giant asshole.  

I can’t figure it out.  Millions of Hispanics will vote for this shitstain.  

I knew one in like 2017.  She had convinced herself she was "one of the good ones" that they would leave alone.  I haven't talked to her since.

• Hook 'Em 6

On 9/13/2024 at 8:40 PM, Js1 said:

I know 2% is an impressive number, but damn!  That upside for Harris should have been up 40% before the poll was even released by the standards of what should be painfully obvious to anyone with a working brain.  I'm encouraged, but we (not us, but them) are dumb.

Me viewing this data:

cad8a812-1450-4bf2-8db2-ddd4437ca399-tex

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

This is an indictment of the Democratic Party, the mainstream media, and the American education system.

I'm hopeful that Gen. Z and Gen Alpha (a/k/a the Sticky iPad Kids) will turn this around.

Signed, GenX democrat voter

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 hours ago, Tuco said:

The Loomer thing is definitely entertaining. I’m a little torn on whether to be happy about it.

In the short term, I think she is more damaging than Trumps debate. She is directly attacking Republicans, and viciously so. Openly calling MTG’s infidelity and Ladybug’s sexuality - that is not just politics. And it’s not good politics. For the last 8 years I’ve believed that Trumpism only ends when the Republicans have a civil war and the adults win. She is definitely starting that war.

But, in the long term, she may be the most likely heir to the Trump throne. Everything that was perceived about Trump 8 years ago applies to her. He was too racist, too stupid, too bombastic with other Republicans. She pushes the bar even lower.

She's an even bigger loser than Trump though.  Not even these fucktards can convince themselves that she's successful somehow.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, C-Man said:

So hot (I just threw up in my mouth a little bit)

d8e4bfa641db8191d7bd0de00e4a2f3c.jpg

I'd rather fuck fitlump.

8 hours ago, Foosters said:

Actually, right now it kinda does resemble a 3rd world country because its collapsing into the Ocean.

In a landslide-stricken town in California, life is like camping with no  power, gas

Danger signs were present before Palos Verdes landslide, study finds - Los  Angeles Times

Rancho Palos Verdes homes red-tagged as ground movement escalates - Los  Angeles Times

Now? Portuguese Bend has been failing for decades.  

4 hours ago, Derka said:

This stupid cocksucker doesn't understand that 57% of California's forests are Federally owned.  But, he doesn't know shit about fuck, so it's not really shocking.

4 hours ago, HornPhD said:

The areas most affected by wildfires in CA are full of trump supporters. 

Not sure I agree with your policework there Lou.  Sure, Northern and Central CA are Trumpy, but the population centers?  Not so much. 

• Hook 'Em 4

And, feel free to pile on y'all:

Harris and/or Walz should go on Rogan.   Why the fuck not?  The entire audience is Trumpy?  And Rogan, as ill-informed and dumb as he is, does seem to respond to new information.  I think that there are yards to be gained with that playcall.  

Again, call me an asshole.  It's been done before. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

Harris and/or Walz should go on Rogan.   Why the fuck not?  The entire audience is Trumpy?  And Rogan, as ill-informed and dumb as he is, does seem to respond to new information.  I think that there are yards to be gained with that playcall.  

They 100% should. But separately. 

2 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

The pump and dump scheme has begun.  He's butt hurt because trading was halted (briefly) after irregular trading following his his "I won't sell" promise.  As for moving to NYSE, $DJT is not even eligible because, well, it's shit.  It wouldn't even have been eligible for the NASDAQ had it not come through the back door.

He's going to continue to pump over the next week because he needs it over $12 to sell on the 19th.  As for his "promise" to "own this stock for a long period of time"? He conveniently omits how much stock he plans to own.  

PINK SHEETS

image.png.a539d5c00018aa5d2e71d26510c90a76.png

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Democratic pollster. They’re legit but keep that in mind.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Left Coast said:

I love the idea of people in Mississippi, Arkansas, Missouri or other shithole MAGA states “worried” that they’ll become California if Kamala is elected. 

And of course the moron does it while standing on a bluff overlooking the Pacific instead of in front of Skid Row or some other “California is going to hell” photo op.

Just the dumbest people.

My guess is any single family home in RPV is at least $2 million.  @SBbruin how accurate is that?

No, those of you in Little Rock, nothing to worry about.

5 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I'm not Bruin, but I'm a Realtor.  A quick peek at the MLS indicates that you are correct. 

Loomer is a slumpbuster.  Period.

Damn on those Portuguese Bend photos.  Back in the day that stretch of road was always new asphalt but it looks like development pressure (money, in other words) got some condos built, and subsequently swallowed up by landslides. Wow, just wow.

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

My guess is any single family home in RPV is at least $2 million.  @SBbruin how accurate is that?

No, those of you in Little Rock, nothing to worry about.

Yeah. It’s a nice area but hard to get into and out of. It was actually cheaper than some of the surrounding towns because of the “commute” even before it started falling into the ocean. It really only has access to one major highway.

But you could get nice views down there for much cheaper than Manhattan, Redondo, or Hermosa.

• Hook 'Em 2

So following Five thirty eight approval ratings Kamala is soon going to go into the positive territory, something so ridiculous just 2 months ago.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/favorability/kamala-harris/

Why are people like this is beyond me, but there is one thing for certain she still has that upward trend, I thought it would have leveled off by now, but things keep looking better and better the honeymoon can easily last all the way to Election day. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

I’d love to see some stats on how many of those guys actually show up to vote on Election Day. That demographic feels like a lot of super smart bros that have never parked their Super Duty at a polling place.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, royiv said:

I’d love to see some stats on how many of those guys actually show up to vote on Election Day. That demographic feels like a lot of super smart bros that have never parked their Super Duty at a polling place.

That would be interesting.  Meanwhile, we're dealing with thin margins here.  We need to turn these meatheads 1 at a time. 

I watched Carville today on a Bill Kristol podcast.  He was talking about the WOW counties.  He said every vote there counts as two votes, because every one you get takes one away from Dotard.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

That would be interesting.  Meanwhile, we're dealing with thin margins here.  We need to turn these meatheads 1 at a time. 

I watched Carville today on a Bill Kristol podcast.  He was talking about the WOW counties.  He said every vote there counts as two votes, because every one you get takes one away from Dotard.

I’m up for every vote we can get and I won’t pretend to be any sort of expert. It just feels to me that the higher ROI for limited resources is getting the candidates out to places like college campuses to turn out the vote where the demographic is more favorable. Going on Rogan seems like a high risk (risk of some sort of gaffe) vs low reward. But what the hell do I know, I’m just trying to make sure my neighbors and friends have a plan to vote and that’s pretty easy considering the demographics of my social circle.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, royiv said:

I’m up for every vote we can get and I won’t pretend to be any sort of expert. It just feels to me that the higher ROI for limited resources is getting the candidates out to places like college campuses to turn out the vote where the demographic is more favorable. Going on Rogan seems like a high risk (risk of some sort of gaffe) vs low reward. But what the hell do I know, I’m just trying to make sure my neighbors and friends have a plan to vote and that’s pretty easy considering the demographics of my social circle.

I  don't know shit about fuck, but I think you'll reach more college dipshit males in an hour on a Rogan podcast than you will on a 50 hour campus tour...which will eat up a shit ton more than 40 hours.  And, if you turn that idiot Rogan (and he's a fucking idiot), he'll talk for days about how awesome you are. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

I've never listened to Rogan, but to me it is seems like his problem is being too accommodating to his guests, many of whom are dangerous nutballs.  Is he shitty to people he doesn't agree with?  If not, it seems like a pretty low risk interview.  But, I don't know if you get backlash from giving Rogan more legitimacy?